Options

Smile: This Was Candid Camera

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
Forum Member
What a shame ITV ruined what should have been an hilarious hour of set ups, with the usual crew of "celeb's" (most of whom were too young to remember the pranks first time around) explaining the set up.

There were more than enough brilliant set ups on Candid Camera to fill an hour without the needless patronising padding.

Luckily I recorded it and was able to FF through the cr*p.

Another disappointment ITV.

Comments

• Options
    grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV are not interested in giving us anything from the people who really know what they talking about .
    They simply take an interesting subject and then get "celebs" who know nothing about it and fill the time in the hope that viewers tune in for the celebs.

Why is it when ITV air any of their nature documentaries they always have to send Martin Clunes , Joanna Lumley or some other celeb to where its filmed .
    Why not have a knowledgeable presenter ?

I fear that ITV are right though and the majority of sad soap viewing peasants are unable to watch anything without some celeb connection
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    ITV are not interested in giving us anything from the people who really know what they talking about .
    They simply take an interesting subject and then get "celebs" who know nothing about it and fill the time in the hope that viewers tune in for the celebs.

Why is it when ITV air any of their nature documentaries they always have to send Martin Clunes , Joanna Lumley or some other celeb to where its filmed .
    Why not have a knowledgeable presenter ?

I fear that ITV are right though and the majority of sad soap viewing peasants are unable to watch anything without some celeb connection

I am waiting for celebrity slugs with Ricky Gervais
  • Options
    theoldiesmantheoldiesman Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Quite right ! I recorded it too, Far too young to remember the 70's.
    Just heard that Arthur Atkins died earlier this year, he was in the 73/74 series with Shelia Burnette & Bill Lynton.
    Love to get my hands on the backing music from that series!

kdLeeds wrote: »
    What a shame ITV ruined what should have been an hilarious hour of set ups, with the usual crew of "celeb's" (most of whom were too young to remember the pranks first time around) explaining the set up.

There were more than enough brilliant set ups on Candid Camera to fill an hour without the needless patronising padding.

Luckily I recorded it and was able to FF through the cr*p.

Another disappointment ITV.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's a pity they didn't mention Candid Mike on Radio Luxembourg - IIRC they took a grand piano into the London Underground and recorded the reactions...............