Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    The Varg story's now gone mainstream. Interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23327165

What a dunderhead...
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    RikScot wrote: »
    What a dunderhead...

Oh, I dunno. I've just been in HMV & they had two Burzum albums at eye level in the Metal section. I'm pretty sure they didn't have them when I was in last week. Could be a good career move.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I dunno. I've just been in HMV & they had two Burzum albums at eye level in the Metal section. I'm pretty sure they didn't have them when I was in last week. Could be a good career move.

Ach well it's all about 'the music' I guess...;)
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he should have moved to the states, buying 4 rifles would not have raised an eyebrow there. Never read any interviews with him when he was around first, but get the feeling he wasn't a barrel of laughs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    he should have moved to the states, buying 4 rifles would not have raised an eyebrow there. Never read any interviews with him when he was around first, but get the feeling he wasn't a barrel of laughs

You need a sense of humour...all that death/black whatever is kinda ridiculous I think..might as well have a laugh while they're at it
    :D
    Forum Member
    Nothing funny about arson, murder & nazism though.

dodger, I'm not sure you can get into the USA with a conviction. You do d have a good point about the rifles though.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    The first couple of albums are blinding. Full of rage and bile. Then they got rich and didn't have anything to be pissed off about.

I may have mentioned this before, but the same goes for Eminem.

Don't forget they are also older.
    To be honest I prefer the natural progression in music that comes from wisdom and experience rather than 40 year olds pretending like they're still 20.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I prefer the natural progression in music that comes from wisdom and experience rather than 40 year olds pretending like they're still 20.

and not forgetting Corey had entered sobriety and left behind the things that angered him so much
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing funny about arson, murder & nazism though.

dodger, I'm not sure you can get into the USA with a conviction. You do d have a good point about the rifles though.

Yeah, you can. I did.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alice in Chains is pleased to announce the addition of several UK tour dates this Fall with special guest Ghost. Tickets go on sale this Friday, July 12. Date and venue information below:

Nov 9 - London Alexandra Palace - London, UK
    Nov 10 - Leeds 02 Academy - Leeds, UK
    Nov 11 - Manchester Academy - Manchester, UK
    Nov 13 - Birmingham 02 Academy - Birmingham, UK
    Nov 14 - Glasgow 02 Academy - Glasgow, UK
    Nov 15 - Newport Centre - Newport, UK

Seems an odd pairing. Ghost have been going down like a lead balloon when supporting Iron Maiden recently. God knows what AIC fans will make of them.

Going to see them in Newport!! :D
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which is precisely why I prefer Stone Sour to anything Slipknot have ever done.

I had a completely different attitude on life, work, money, etc.when I was 40 to when I was 20, and yet I find it bizarre that people expect a musician who is 40 to have exactly the same outlook on life as they did when they were 20.
    Forum Member
    Going to see them in Newport!! :D

Shurrup :p

I'm actually feeling doubly peed off atm because we actually had a band I wanted to see, Wintersun, playing Newcastle on friday & my daughter wouldn't let me go with her. Apparently it's not 'cool' to have your old mum tagging along, or something. :(

Oddly enough, that rule doesn't seem to apply to Bloodstock :rolleyes:
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was looking through the music mags at my local whsmiths, just killing a bit of time in town,when i could'nt believe what i saw, Terrorizer is still going, i used to buy this when it first came out 20- 25 years ago, and for some reason i never would have thought it would have lasted this long.

Neally got me all nostalgic, about listening to the likes of Napalm Death, or Morbid Angel again, or a bit of Carcass, what about a bit of Norwegan death metal.

Still think the drummer from Obituary was a damn fine drummer.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akhenaten wrote: »
    i was looking through the music mags at my local whsmiths, just killing a bit of time in town,when i could'nt believe what i saw, Terrorizer is still going, i used to buy this when it first came out 20- 25 years ago, and for some reason i never would have thought it would have lasted this long.

Neally got me all nostalgic, about listening to the likes of Napalm Death, or Morbid Angel again, or a bit of Carcass, what about a bit of Norwegan death metal.

I have often said that when people talk about death metal greats, Obituary are criminally over looked. Thanks to Morbid Angles bizarre latest release, Death Metal needs some new original heros.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akhenaten wrote: »

Napalm Death always seemed like a parody, I know they weren't but even when arena did that programme it seemed like a Bad News type of thing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    Napalm Death always seemed like a parody, I know they weren't but even when arena did that programme it seemed like a Bad News type of thing

That's the thing about metal..."it's a fine line between clever and stupid"
    Forum Member
    That's the thing about metal..."it's a fine line between clever and stupid"

So very true.

I'm trying to remember the name of that American band that dodger posted here a few weeks ago. We genuinely couldn't work out whether they were a spoof act or not.
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say i really could'nt listen to Napalm Death now, i still liste n to obituary, death or morbid angel, sometimes because i still like them, but could'nt tell you anything about the death metal scene these days, maybe i should have bought that copy of terrorizer, the other day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So very true.

Vim Fuego was a visionary...;)
    Forum Member
    Vim Fuego was a visionary...;)

Oh, I thought it was a brand of kitchen cleaner. My bad :o

Any Slayer fans going to Bloodstock?

The Bloodstock Signing Tent posted toBloodstock Festival
    As you may have heard. We at the Bloodstock Signing Tent are excited to announce that none other than SLAYER have agreed to do a signing session for us !!!
    We couldn't be happier about this awesome addition to what is proving to be an ever growing list of bands who will be signing.

http://www.facebook.com/boasigningtent?hc_location=stream

:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:cool:[/QUOTE

Vim Fuego (aka Alan Metcalfe), vocals and lead guitar ; Den Dennis, rhythm guitar; Colin Grigson, bass ; and Spider Webb, drums
    Forum Member

:cool:

Vim Fuego (aka Alan Metcalfe), vocals and lead guitar ; Den Dennis, rhythm guitar; Colin Grigson, bass ; and Spider Webb, drums

Um,,you do realise I was joking.....yeah? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um,,you do realise I was joking.....yeah? :)

Sure did....just love those names ;)
    Forum Member
    Sure did....just love those names ;)

Cool :) :cool:
    Forum Member
    New track from The Faroe Islands premier (only? :D ) Metal band, Týr

Blood Of Heroes