Options

David Tennant back on BBC1 in Single Father.....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »

I'm about to listen to it now, and it seems that both Davids are there togther....so should be fun!!!!:D
    Indeed, they seemed to be having a fine old time, even stuck in a darkened room with Dick Bacon :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, they seemed to be having a fine old time, even stuck in a darkened room with Dick Bacon :eek:

Oh I don't mind Bacon much....so can't comment!!!:p

But yes the two davids are great so far!!!! Lol how they both got trapped into political talk:D
  • Options
    Cameron KMcEwanCameron KMcEwan Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh thanks Cameron!!!! Now I get to see the two Davids together and hear them again!!!!!:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the videos Cameron. Very good interview with the two Davids, to be fair to Mr Bacon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that Murray Gold is the composer on this and it was great!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David is a really fantastic actor. And his character's surname is Tyler! ;)
  • Options
    GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't really like it. It was great to finally see Tennant appearing in something post-Doctor Who, but I just found it dull and tedious, minus the ocassional flashes of brilliance from Tennant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it....its started off in a way that I thought may be a bit too sickly sweet.....but it ended up with proper raw moments, and looks like it is going to get better. I think the pacing was fine....it was an obvious set up episode, and yet a lot was happening. So I think they got the balance mostly right, with a few questionable directions. But DT shined like anything. Fantastic performance...and from the young girl who is playing his step daughter. It was quite humorous in places too, which was a nice suprise. Overall a fanatastic simple idea, that has a lot ofdepth in it. Looking forward to next weeks!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GilaGora wrote: »
    I didn't really like it. It was great to finally see Tennant appearing in something post-Doctor Who, but I just found it dull and tedious, minus the ocassional flashes of brilliance from Tennant.

It was fantastic I thought
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizx wrote: »
    David is a really fantastic actor. And his character's surname is Tyler! ;)

:D I know hehe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would watch episode 2 you might find it picks up a bit. The reviews have been saying the 1st episode was a bit slow but gets much better as it unfolds. Worth iplayer at least.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It certainly looks like a
    Tardis on his jumper
    to me - cheeky :)
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It certainly looks like a
    Tardis on his jumper
    to me - cheeky :)
    I think that's Cameron's watermark! :D
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's Cameron's watermark! :D

Wrong again :o:)
  • Options
    magtartmagtart Posts: 100
    Forum Member

I absoultely love David Tennant (big hugs), but I agree with you, although I think we are in the minority on this. This was promoted as the saddest and most emotional drama this year. So there I was with my box of tissues (all prepared) waiting to have a good old cry - I usally cry at anything approaching mildly sad. However, I was disappointed; it was a bit said when the wife was killed (which I must say was filmed very well). But after that I was not moved. I think this is probably due to the fact we had no time to get to know the characters, especially the family - for that I blame the writter and script editor. It was well acted (obviously especially David, but also much love for Mark Heap), but overall I was left with a feeling of disappointment. I am hoping it will be better next week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reall yenjoyed tonights episode....no tears atall this time, quite humouros in places!!! And DT was just fantastic in the revelation scene!!! As was Rupert!!! It's taken a different direction to what I thought it would....which is a bit of a niggle, but lets see where this goes!!!

Thanks for the review Cameron!!!
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Reall yenjoyed tonights episode....no tears atall this time, quite humouros in places!!! And DT was just fantastic in the revelation scene!!! As was Rupert!!! It's taken a different direction to what I thought it would....which is a bit of a niggle, but lets see where this goes!!!

Thanks for the review Cameron!!!

It's an odd show...I don't really like many of the characters but then...I think it's because it's so true to life...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an odd show...I don't really like many of the characters but then...I think it's because it's so true to life...

I agree, even Tennant's character...you feel that many of his choices and ways of handling things feel so wrong....yet you know it makes sense, and is more real. I like that they haven't turned him into this martyr single parent.....but one who is equally flawed as any of us....for example his relationship with his step daughter is fustrating, you feel like saying..."oh just tell her you want to be her dad, give her a hug...that is all she needs"....but his inability to know how to play a dad role to her is really quite truthful....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else find the family tree a bit confusing? I was trying to work out who was who (sorry for the pun) in most of last night's episode. Loving the show though and David is just yummy:D
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else find the family tree a bit confusing? I was trying to work out who was who (sorry for the pun) in most of last night's episode. Loving the show though and David is just yummy:D

I did have to press "pause" and take a minute on catch-up to just run through the family connections...but yes, DT is putting in a sterling turn as a not-so-nice person tryin to do his best.