Team Janine or Stacey? EE

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted neither.

But I am more sympathetic for Janine in this plot-Stacey I can find no sympathy for.

Given what happened with Bradley and Max and all the fall out which eventually resulted in Bradley's death (plus Archie's murder) you might of think she had learnt to stay away from married men.
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niether but I do find Stacey far more dislikeable in this plot than Janine.

Don't get me wrong, on a whole, Janine is far worse - in that she's more manipulative, conniving, devious and shows a real lack of remorse for her action - or when she does it's far too in-between. However with Janine, what you see is what you get. She is a bitch but she doesn't pretend to be anything other than she isn't. This story hasn’t hurt her character in any way.

What gets me with Stacey is her holier than thou act, as if butter wouldn't melt. I would however say that on the whole Stacey is more interesting and likable because she has several layers of depth and we've seen a conscience several times over her 6 year tenure, which makes her a well-rounded character. Though this latest plot with Ryan has only bought her very dislikeable characteristics back to the fore while eradicating all those qualities that made her so empathetic in the first place. Through this story I’ve viewed Stacey as selfish, trashy with little moral conscience – pretty much the same during Stax.

It goes without saying that it couldn't happen to a more nicer person (Janine). I don't really have much sympathy for her being cheated on given her past actions. However this doesn't excuse Stacey in anyway. It's not so much a battle between Janine and Stacey for me though. I prefer to view them as totally separate entities. Ones shortcomings doesn't eradicate the others. They’re both individuals and make their own mistakes.

The biggest problem with Stacey for me isn’t the cheating (though that’s annoying initself) but her actual lack of regard/compassion for the deceased husband, Bradley. It’s not even a year and she’s already in love with someone else –a love I find so hard to believe (especially as it’s been portrayed as nothing more than lust). I know people move on in real life and I don’t begrudge anyone for doing that but in EastEnders, Bradley was seen as the love of Stacey’s life. They were on/off for four years. He died for her and went to his grave a murderer, unknown to others that it was Stacey. Stacey let him be remembered as a murder and although I do empathise with her not coming clean about it myself, I’d think anyone with an ounce of decency and remorse would not move on so quickly. Surely you’d be overcome by guilt given the circumstances of which her ‘great love’ died. I don’t blame Max for being annoyed, though he’s not whiter than white himself.

That aside though, I find Stacey and Ryan’s ‘love’ so unbelievable and far-fetched. Seriously, are we supposed to root for these two? Like I said in the episode discussion thread, I’d probably care for them had there been a believable build up but both characters have shown to be in love with other people not so long ago , especially Stacey, that I find this new bond ridiculous on many levels. Thier lack of chemistry doesn't help either The way I see it, it’s a plot contrivance to engineer Lacey’s exit. However IMO it’s a poor way to send out such an iconic character.
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ayo92 wrote: »
    Are you saying that Kat deserves her baby taken away from her because she is defending her cousin?
    How do you know how she will react to her own child?
    That comment is just plain stupid.

I wouldn't really wish anyone to go through what is about to happen, not even Kat!

Edit: I did mean to convey that I was "almost" at the point of. Sorry! Badly worded on my part.

As stupid as the comment may seem/was, the point I was making is that they have made Kat such a vile, uncaring character. that you can almost feel no sympathy for her. Particularly in this Stacey situation. With Psycho Janine involved, she should of been dis-couraging Stacey not enourging her. However I am sure the lack of sympathy will change with the upcoming story.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Janine!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt I'm on Team Janine. Stacey is a trollope and the Square will be a better place without her poor me, world owes me a favour attitude.
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Janine. I'd be quite happy to see her come out on top regarding getting shot of Stacey, but I would not want to see her 'win' Ryan back as a result of it as I think he'd be the world's worse consolation prize. Janine deserves much better than that air-headed plank.
  • Grim RitaGrim Rita Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Gonna need to buy another then aren't they ;)

Yes, now that the **** is leaving.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Janine :D I like both though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    AStacey no one could put up with Janine
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Stacey. but i love them both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted neither, even though with her track record you would reckon Stacey knew the danger of messing with married men.
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither really. Janine pushed one of her husbands off a cliff and nearly poisoned another one to his death. Why people feeling sorry for this crazy broad i have ho idea. As for Stacey, she caused nothing but misery for Bradders and eventually drove him to some kind of nervous wreck, jumping from building to building as if he was spiderman. Thank god ryan didn't cheat on tanya though, he might be 6 feet under.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit bad for Janine in this storyline, but overall I would side with Stacey. I think both are fab characters though.