Easter Eggs

2»

Comments

• EmmasmytheEmmasmythe Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the point in selling easter eggs in January?
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,890
    Forum Member
    Still 360 days to Christmas and people have got their lights and decorations up already.
  • EmmasmytheEmmasmythe Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    Still 360 days to Christmas and people have got their lights and decorations up already.

:D

thats because they dont go down till jan 6th
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easter is early next year so shops need to start selling them earlier.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Easter is early next year so shops need to start selling them earlier.:D

Ahhh thanks! I couldn't look! but I know it can be march, but was late April last year.
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I think this is possibly the earliest I've seen them. Not the weeyins at the till, Cabury Creme Eggs and the like. But real Easter Eggs, Chocolate bunnies and chicks. Well done Morrison for actually proving to be more money grabbing than Tesco.

Last year Tesco got theirs out 2nd January. Morrisons started with theirs before they shut 24th Dec...i think the earliest Easter ever is is March latest end of April. I'm not even going to look.

But good for us as they will no doubt be reducing them for quick sale a bit down the line.

YIKES

yes Tesco got in early

http://www.lebanontimes.com/only-97-days-to-go-supermarkets-under-fire-for-selling-easter-eggs-on-christmas-eve/
  • trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite Easter egg is the one in Excel '97...
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yippee!! It means spring is round the corner. I seriously don't see a problem with it.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh thanks! I couldn't look! but I know it can be march, but was late April last year.

That really late Easter was in 2011 (April 22-25), in 2013 the 4 day Easter weekend is March 29-April 1)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    mee too and eat them on the same day:o....

I've been doing that too.:o:D
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I went into Wollies once and saw them on Boxing Day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who buys Easter Eggs this far before Easter? And do people buy them to eat before Easter? I buy a couple of eggs for children each year but not until a week before Easter. Why do others do different?
    Forum Member
    Who buys Easter Eggs this far before Easter? And do people buy them to eat before Easter? I buy a couple of eggs for children each year but not until a week before Easter. Why do others do different?

Now that is a good question! I believe the answer is 42.
    Forum Member
    trphil wrote: »
    My favourite Easter egg is the one in Excel '97...

Hey you!!

My fav is the one I get AFTER Easter for 10p. Timed it wrong and got none last Easter so I will be keeping a close eye on these and their sell by dates!

:D
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought John Lewis stocking Valentine's cards already was early
  • Stella100Stella100 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our local Tescos has the whole Easter display up already.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its like having selection boxes out in September :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluddy expensive chocolate, you pay for the packaging with Easter Eggs. I usually get a Buttons one after for 10p, didn't get any last Easter, so am hoping these will be "reduced to clear" in a couple of weeks!

Precisely - I don't know why people even pay all that for chocolate eggs, it's easier to make your own and at least you get a decent amount of chocolates inside them - and the ones you like (put the ones you don't like into the eggs you make for other people :o )