Options

Four Rooms - where has it gone?

bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
Forum Member
They were running a new series on Sunday nights and it was doing ok (about 1 million viewers) but after only 3 episodes gone. The next 2 weeks we have a movie and a rerun of 3 in a Bed in that slot.

Surely there was more than 3 episodes made in this series? If so does anybody know when they will be shown.

Channel 4 seem to have it in for this show, moving it to daytime and moving it to 3 different timeslots during the run, then Sunday at 7PM its as if they want the viewers not to find it.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    After airing half a series only on More 4 and then a full series in a differnt slot on More 4 I see the new series has randomly shown up on Channel 4 in yet another new timeslot. Do they not want people to watch this?
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes bizarre ... I always liked this series and just stumbled across it by chance ... haven't seen any trails. Quite a late slot for this type of show but nice to see it back.
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!

I really like this show, but I have never known such a convoluted timeslot. Let me get this straight, and please correct me if I'm wrong. It it's history

* The show started out as a primetime show

* Then it went to daytime show with added dealers

* Then it went to More 4 and was 'Sarah Beeny's Four Rooms'

* Now it's on Channel 4 in a late slot 10pm

???
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could certainly get four rooms into one of her bras. Other than that, I've never watched it.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In last night's episode, hardly anyone made a sale because they were all way too greedy, expecting a totally unrealistic price for their items.

I'm so glad the lady with the jewellery made by her father was sucessful though (and even received donations for her charities). She seem such a lovely person and was asking only a modest price. The story behind the jewellery was very touching, especially as a piece was worn by her mother on her wedding day.

I always feel sad for people who part with unique family possessions simply because they have no-one to leave them to. I hope the pieces will end up in a little museum, as Celia had promised.
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Why does she need her own name in the title of the programme when it didnt have the name of the host in it before?

Is she an egomaniac or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    In last night's episode, hardly anyone made a sale because they were all way too greedy, expecting a totally unrealistic price for their items.

I'm so glad the lady with the jewellery made by her father was sucessful though (and even received donations for her charities). She seem such a lovely person and was asking only a modest price. The story behind the jewellery was very touching, especially as a piece was worn by her mother on her wedding day.

I always feel sad for people who part with unique family possessions simply because they have no-one to leave them to. I hope the pieces will end up in a little museum, as Celia had promised.

Yes the jewellery lady was lovely and it was nice that they recapped at the end that Celia had organised for the pieces to be in a museum. I thought David was lovely too starting off the donations at the beginning.

The rest felt a bit ploddy ... is this going to be the same experts all the way through?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Davonator wrote: »
    Agreed!

I really like this show, but I have never known such a convoluted timeslot. Let me get this straight, and please correct me if I'm wrong. It it's history

* The show started out as a primetime show

* Then it went to daytime show with added dealers

* Then it went to More 4 and was 'Sarah Beeny's Four Rooms'

* Now it's on Channel 4 in a late slot 10pm

???

During series 6 they moved it to Sunday at 7pm but after 3 shows it was gone. The rest of that series showed up on More 4 3 months later. Kind of reminds me when the BBC went crazy shunting Dragons Den round the schuedle. Maybe this is finally the timeslot this show gets to stay in regularly.
  • Options
    777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me, or did anyone else hardly recognise sarah beeny? Her face seems totally changed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow. New record for channel 4. 2 elisodes of this series down and episode 3 is moving to another time. Well at least they told us where and when next week.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy selling Madonna's skirt didn't know what the Landmark Studios refered to therefore possibly cutting the value of the item.

He claimed to have tried to research it but couldn't find anything. 10 seconds on Google gave me the answer.
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the producers of Four Rooms need to introduce some new rule because far too frequently sellers are becoming greedy and then deciding they want to sell the item for more than they initially said they wanted. It's like they convince themselves it's worth more than it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After 3 episodes its gone again, ill no doubt find out they are showing it on Film4 or 4 Music in 6 months time at 20 past 3 in the morning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So annoying ... I really like this programme and was looking forward to watching last night :(
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    Is it just me, or did anyone else hardly recognise sarah beeny? Her face seems totally changed.

I bet Anita Rani's annoyed that its now called Sarah Beeny's Four Rooms when it was just "Four Rooms" when Anita was doing it.
  • Options
    WLTDYMUTAWLTDYMUTA Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Beeny looks permanently pregnant why does she wear the same clothes every time ? And Celia could do with changing that leather dress it must be minging by now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im grateful that they continue to commission this show, however why do that then shunt it round the schuedule surely this will only lose viewers and not give it a chance to build
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 11/03/17 - 12:25 #19
    WLTDYMUTA wrote: »
    Beeny looks permanently pregnant why does she wear the same clothes every time ? And Celia could do with changing that leather dress it must be minging by now.

Continuity so they can chop each bit up and stick them together how they want regardless of when filmed.

Beeny looks like she takes styling tips from General Urko these days. Hard now to believe she was lusted-after totty in her day.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27/12/17 - 15:23 #20
    New one on in a few mins. There's no time of day this show hasn't premiered in by now - Bizarre.

And they've changed the title again! Now it's "Four Rooms with Sarah Beeny".
  • Options
    stopgostopgo Posts: 5,961
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    New one on in a few mins. There's no time of day this show hasn't premiered in by now - Bizarre.

Keep up Straker, the last series had the title " Four Roons with Sarah Beeny "
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27/12/17 - 17:19 #22
    stopgo wrote: »
    Straker wrote: »

Keep up Straker, the last series had the title " Four Roons with Sarah Beeny "

Looking at Celias scraggy face it should be called "Four Ruins with Sarah Beeny'.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 27/12/17 - 17:23 #23
    I wonder why they felt the need to put the presenter name in the title? it isn't even as if she's that big of a name, only in the makeover / renovation space. It seems like an odd decision to me.

Is the show struggling so they're trying everything, rebranding, trialling different timeslots etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    I wonder why they felt the need to put the presenter name in the title? it isn't even as if she's that big of a name, only in the makeover / renovation space. It seems like an odd decision to me.

I think Channel 4 think she is.
  • Options
    BobtheBoldBobtheBold Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG -i have missed this now - guess i will have to wait until its on more4 ,perhaps in 6 months ?
    Perhaps the wait was due to C4 hiring the apprentice gang to come up with a new name to keep Sarah happy ...
    ( which must be bloody exhausting ! )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BobtheBold wrote: »
    OMG -i have missed this now - guess i will have to wait until its on more4 ,perhaps in 6 months ?
    Perhaps the wait was due to C4 hiring the apprentice gang to come up with a new name to keep Sarah happy ...
    ( which must be bloody exhausting ! )

There's always tomorrow at 3pm.