The Carry On Films And Carry On Television Series Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Catching up on recordings today - and found Carry On Christmas which was made in the late 60's on ITV!! I remember seeing this when I was about 10 years old! What a laugh - old Scrooge and everything! It brought back so many memories. Good old Sid James - he WAS the star of the whole thing in my eyes! Loved the rest of them too!

My fav films are Carry on Screaming, Spying, Cowboy and Teacher.

But I like watching any of them to be honest!
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    Carry On Jack is on ITV next Tuesday at 11.10pm.

That is my least favourite- along with Carry on England. I think even Emmannuelle is better than Carry On England though. Neither of them get much of an airing though -quite rightly in my opinion.
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sholey wrote: »
    Hi all , this is my first post. I've been looking for pictures /information on Elizabeth Knight who appears in carry on camping. She's the one to the right of Babs in the exercise line-up. Looked everywhere and cannot find anything after early 80's. It looks like she may have become a producer in Australia but there is nothing much about her. Wonder if anybody has any information or links .is she alive...?

Hello there, Elizabeth Knight was also in Carry On Again Doctor getting her bum pinched by old man Steptoe, most of her other scenes from that film were cut. As far as I know she's still alive, but not really seen her in anything else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catching up on recordings today - and found Carry On Christmas which was made in the late 60's on ITV!! I remember seeing this when I was about 10 years old! What a laugh - old Scrooge and everything! It brought back so many memories. Good old Sid James - he WAS the star of the whole thing in my eyes! Loved the rest of them too!

My fav films are Carry on Screaming, Spying, Cowboy and Teacher.

But I like watching any of them to be honest!

They're all great. I'm re-watching Carry On Doctor now for about the 1,000th time and still find it riveting viewing. Absolutely love the film and everything about it, but Dilys Laye's character is very strangely written, she starts the film as a timid, nervous, kind women whose terrified of the Matron (Hattie Jacques obviously), and by the end she's giving Matron a blanket bath, was there some kind of subplot that we don't know about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have a Carry On day today, watch some of the films I haven't seen for a while. Henry, Matron, Up The Jungle and Nurse are the plan.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is my least favourite- along with Carry on England. I think even Emmannuelle is better than Carry On England though. Neither of them get much of an airing though -quite rightly in my opinion.

"get your pants down"

"not bloody likely"
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carry on at your convenience starting now on ITV 3.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    "get your pants down"

"not bloody likely"

Fingers of steel sir...........fingers of steel !
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    What happened to Terry Telly ? I enjoyed reading his posts.

that's exactly what I looked at this thread to find out! I see he hasn't posted since September.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowboy just started on ITV 3.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that Carry On Regardless was on 5USA the other night which seems like an odd channel for the Carry On films.
  • maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just saw this..an ITV3 three part appreciation of the Carry-Ons including previously unseen footage narrated by Martin Clunes to be shown at Easter
    http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2015/03/11/22015/revealed%3A_unseen_carry_on_footage
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's exactly what I looked at this thread to find out! I see he hasn't posted since September.
    I was wondering about a couple months back. Hope he's alright.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just saw this..an ITV3 three part appreciation of the Carry-Ons including previously unseen footage narrated by Martin Clunes to be shown at Easter
    http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2015/03/11/22015/revealed%3A_unseen_carry_on_footage

This sounds excellent, can't wait to see this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks. Cant wait to see this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    I was wondering about a couple months back. Hope he's alright.

No posts in 6 months. Doubt he will be back, sadly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cruising just starting now on ITV 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Cruising just starting now on ITV 3.

In my top 3 Carry On's. Absolutely love it.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up The Jungle tonight (17/03/15) 23:40 ITV1
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the documentary 'The Unforgettable Joan Sims' a couple of nights ago. Like some of her other costars she appears to have been quite a troubled person.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the documentary 'The Unforgettable Joan Sims' a couple of nights ago. Like some of her other costars she appears to have been quite a troubled person.

There was a biography recently published about her, Too Happy a Face, by Andrew Ross.

An under-appreciated actress if ever there was one.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In what way ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best Carry On film is on today, Carry On Doctor on More4 at 11am. Hattie Jacques is superb, as always, as the Matron lusting after Kenneth Williams, and Dilys Laye and Bernard Bresslaw make a really sweet couple.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Saw a trailer last night for Carry on Forever, which is on Good Friday Part 1 of 3/

Martin Clunes narrates this three-part documentary, part of a celebration of British comedy institution of the Carry On.
    And what a treat it is.! Alongside clips from the Carry On films, there are interviews with surviving cast members including Shirley Eaton, Amanda Barrie and Bernard Cribbins, and writer Norman Hudis.

Watch for: Never-before-seen footage from the film series, some wonderful anecdotes, including Amanda Barrie's revelation to the crew on Carry on Cabbie that she couldn't drive - so had to have her taxi towed.

Can't wait!
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Saw a trailer last night for Carry on Forever, which is on Good Friday Part 1 of 3/

Martin Clunes narrates this three-part documentary, part of a celebration of British comedy institution of the Carry On.
    And what a treat it is.! Alongside clips from the Carry On films, there are interviews with surviving cast members including Shirley Eaton, Amanda Barrie and Bernard Cribbins, and writer Norman Hudis.

Watch for: Never-before-seen footage from the film series, some wonderful anecdotes, including Amanda Barrie's revelation to the crew on Carry on Cabbie that she couldn't drive - so had to have her taxi towed.

Can't wait!

Yes this sounds like a really good documentary full off behind the scenes stuff and rare interviews as well apparently.

Carry On Forever is being shown as part of a Carry On weekend on ITV3 over the Easter weekend starting on Good Friday and finishing on the Easter Monday. Can't wait :)