Options

Census Results 2011

Comments

• Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no indigenous population here.

I agree with this, however it would be equally correct to suggest there are no "indigenous" australians? Correct?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Emmasmythe wrote: »
    Quote:
    The number of foreign-born residents has increased by 13%, from 4.6 million to 7.5 million.

Maths is not my forte, but that cant be right
    :D

That confused me too.

If the UK population is currently around 62 million and there are currently 7.5m foreign-born residents then that equates TO 13% of the total population.

I think that's what they meant to say.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Since then there have been waves of invaders and settlers and there will no doubt continue to be immigration contributing richness and diversity to our culture, religion and language.

Like Sharia Law and Voodoo?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »
    Being a Jehovah witness in Norwich and Brighton must be a tough gig.

A tough gig full stop. About the last peep you want at your door. It must be very disheartening for them to see the look on people's faces - yet they keep on going - I'll give them that much!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    The 'No qualifications' map does make some sense.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats even more interesting that despite the "Islamification" that the Far Right and the Heil harp on about there was only a 1.8% increase of Muslims.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like Sharia Law and Voodoo?

Really, you should calm down, do some reading about the last 4,500 years, go away do a bit of research and come back if or when you can stretch to a civilised conversation.

I'd start with the things that were said about the domination of christianity when it arrived in this country and took over and totally and successfully dominated in a concerted effort to control and subdue the people.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, you should calm down, do some reading about the last 4,500 years, go away do a bit of research and come back if or when you can stretch to a civilised conversation.

I'd start with the things that were said about the domination of christianity when it arrived in this country and took over and totally and successfully dominated in a concerted effort to control and subdue the people.

That's just not true.

When Christianity arrived in the UK, the original culture and religion of this country had already been wiped out by the Romans.

Whatever Christianity replaced, it wasn't a culture/religion that was indigenous to these islands.

Had the same argument in a different thread just recently, look at the dates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    adopter wrote: »
    I expect the same was said when white man colonized Africa!

That's more of a subjection and enslaving of the people, not comparable really with peaceful waves of settlers being absorbed into a society.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MuddyMoose wrote: »
    :D:D

Keep posting how much this news upsets, and angers you please. Share with me your grief.

Ever heard of the British saying "He who laughs last, laughs longest"?

I doubt it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Seeing as you're not even in England or Wales, maybe you can tell us what the census had to say about ethnicity in Scotland and how it compares with the results for England?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's more of a subjection and enslaving of the people, not comparable really with peaceful waves of settlers being absorbed into a society.

I'm sure it all added to the "richness" of their culture...
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Ah - what we really need to know!

Census 2011: how many Jedi Knights are there in England & Wales?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/datablog/interactive/2012/dec/11/census-religion?CMP=twt_gu
    Haha, I put down Jedi Knight :D
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absorbed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's just not true.

When Christianity arrived in the UK, the original culture and religion of this country had already been wiped out by the Romans.

Whatever Christianity replaced, it wasn't a culture/religion that was indigenous to these islands.

I don't need to look at the dates, I have a degree in it.

I've never heard that before and part of my research was into the religion that was here when the Christians arrived.

You have no idea what you are talking about!

The fact that you say "arrived in the UK for a start"....oh dear.

Would you like some you contemporary source material? ie the Anglo Saxon Chronicle - Bede, Gildas and numerous Roman writers?

May help you not look so foolish in future.
  • Options
    tiggertinytiggertiny Posts: 5,361
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    My grandad never used to pay his tax either:D
    He used to say "what I earn has NOTHING to do with the state:mad:, I'm not scared of authority!!! and I dont take tax seriously". Now there was a grandad with balls, not like those other granddads who simply "rebelled" against the census (LOL)

It has become a family tradition:D

Balls but no brains. Also a family tradition?
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah - what we really need to know!

Census 2011: how many Jedi Knights are there in England & Wales?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/datablog/interactive/2012/dec/11/census-religion?CMP=twt_gu

I think I might have put this aswell....:)
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as you're not even in England or Wales, maybe you can tell us what the census had to say about ethnicity in Scotland and how it compares with the results for England?

It's noticeable how so many posters from Scotland are all in favour of of large scale immigration to England.

Not for us but good for you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    adopter wrote: »
    Absorbed?

Yes, I'm talking historically, every wave of settlers here has been absorbed as shown by both topographical and geo. placename and language evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's noticeable how so many posters from Scotland are all in favour of of large scale immigration to England.

Indeed. Anyone who cares to look at the figures will see that Scotland has almost no ethnic diversity whatsoever. And so to be lectured by someone north of the border on the joys of mass immigration really takes the biscuit.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Lol

Actually posters in Scotland welcome large scale immigration to Scotland and couldn't really care less about wingers in England.
    We have a falling population so encourage it for economic reasons. So wrong again!

Could anyone be more off the mark? Keep going though, I'm fascinated by what you'll pluck from the air next!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm talking historically, every wave of settlers here has been absorbed as shown by both topographical and geo. placename and language evidence.

I don't see absorption. I see mass transplantations and ghettos. Have you ever walked around certain areas in Leicester or Bradford?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed. Anyone who cares to look at the figures will see that Scotland has almost no ethnic diversity whatsoever. And so to be lectured by someone north of the border on the joys of mass immigration really takes the biscuit.

Absolute tosh! Brilliantly funny!

I live in a tiny town we have a mosque and a buddhist temple!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolute tosh! Brilliantly funny!

I live in a tiny town we have a mosque and a buddhist temple!

Tell us the figures then. Show us the percentages.

We're waiting...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    That's just not true.

What on earth are you on about? Paganism and druidism are probably the only indigenous religions.

The Romans didn't wipe anything out - they were probably as multicultural as today - people carried on worship as usual. But Constantine did popularize Christianity.