Ukip candidate suggests compulsory abortion

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
Forum Member
Of any disabled foetus in order to cut the deficit. As if killing off the older sick and disabled isn't enough. Yes they are dying, several thousand after having their benefits stopped. But as always it is attributed to their conditions.

I am really starting to wonder which century we are living in.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomchiversscience/100194859/ukip-candidate-suggests-compulsory-abortion-in-order-to-bring-down-the-deficit-can-i-call-them-mad-now/

Comments

• TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clark has clearly missed a memo that says eugenics is so 20th century.
  • kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has no place in any form of government if he believe it is the state's role to force women to have abortions for any reason at all.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about a cull of UKIP candidates who prove themselves to be complete and utter twa*s
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    How about a cull of UKIP candidates who prove themselves to be complete and utter twa*s

May I be the first to second that!:D
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how UKIP are saying that they don't have the capacity to screen all their candidates. Maybe they could just have a tick box on their membership application that says "I do not support eugenics/deny the holocaust/kill kittens/etc or do anything else which would confirm many people's suspicion that the party is full of idiots"; That should be cheap enough, right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    Clark has clearly missed a memo that says eugenics is so 20th century. :rolleyes:

UKIP are distancing themselves - very fast lol!

As you would expect and they are doing very well in the polls. It's the last thing they want.

But some would say - does he have a point? If Downs Syndrome is detected early, and the woman has the child, the state picks up the tab.

THAT is not my view, just one of the arguments. I think It is the woman's choice and she will love her son or daughter the same whether disabled or no.

It seems the Para Olympics did little to change attitudes in general as many of the disabled athletes wouldn't be here if this was for real.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • Update: Geoffrey Clark has been suspended as a candidate by Ukip, who have rejected his "repugnant" views.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomchiversscience/100194859/ukip-candidate-suggests-compulsory-abortion-in-order-to-bring-down-the-deficit-can-i-call-them-mad-now/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are thousands of healthy foetus's that are mercilessly slaughtered every day so there isn't going to be much hope for any disabled foetus if Clark and others of like mind have their way.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly a nutter. His party have suspended him.
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • Update: Geoffrey Clark has been suspended as a candidate by Ukip, who have rejected his "repugnant" views.

So a non story really :yawn:
    But nice to see how UKIP are behaving in a responsible way and act fast unlike the other Parties. Well done UKIP leadership. Now UKIP are doing well they have to expect some flak
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    So a non story really :yawn:

I'm not sure how a standing candidate getting kicked out of his party isn't a story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    I'm not sure how a standing candidate getting kicked out of his party isn't a story.

He wasn't speaking on behalf of UKip, it was obviously his own personal POV.
    Forum Member

My goodness you should read the rest he said, it's on the blog on my link up top.

He's even written a poem. When I say poem.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't speaking on behalf of UKip, it was obviously his own personal POV.

Well no, but if a party kicks out one of its standing candidates, that's definitely political news, whatever the reason is.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I like how UKIP are saying that they don't have the capacity to screen all their candidates. Maybe they could just have a tick box on their membership application that says "I do not support eugenics/deny the holocaust/kill kittens/etc or do anything else which would confirm many people's suspicion that the party is full of idiots"; That should be cheap enough, right?
    Why are you limiting it to UKIP? There are idiots,tossers, liars and theives in every party.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to think my dad is voting for these idiots in the next election. Doh!
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Why are you limiting it to UKIP? There are idiots,tossers, liars and theives in every party.

UKIP are threating to gatecrash the cosy Westminster club Party and thats not allowed.Expect the EU and Establishment will have to try harder.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I wonder how this party are going at all... nobody seems to admit to be a supporter... cant think why
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

That's very true- but most of the other parties don't come up with such a lame excuse... they just get deservedly embarrassed.

I mean, seriously, "we don't actually check any of our local candidates" may be true for everyone, but it makes you sound incompetent. Hmm. Maybe they're to be credited for their honesty, but it'll take more than that to get 'em on my Christmas card list.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone seriously believe that UKIP, the friendlier face of the far right, will ever succeed as a political entity? It has achieved a few more fans since the tabloids started whipping up anti-EU hysteria, but how many of those who decry the EU have actually looked at the other items of the manifesto of Farage's merry band? Some of it is pretty grim stuff.
    Forum Member
    And to think my dad is voting for these idiots in the next election. Doh!

Just looking at your name, BastardBeaver, I'd say you are lucky you won't have to worry about it running in the family.:eek:
  • mandosomandoso Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    UKIP are threating to gatecrash the cosy Westminster club Party and thats not allowed.Expect the EU and Establishment will have to try harder.:rolleyes:

Poor old UKIP, it must be the establishment and that ruddy EU forcing their members and candidates to air views such as "allowing children to be adopted by gay couples is child abuse" and "foetuses with Down's syndrome should be forcibly aborted"

Bloody immigrants making UKIP look bad

Right?
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My idiot ex stood as a candidate for UKIP, I'm ashamed to say.

Seriously, they were all mad, thick and fascist.

EDIT: Considering I work in a Pan-EU company, and am not "100% British" myself, I wonder why I was ever "good enough" for him. :rolleyes:
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Does anyone seriously believe that UKIP, the friendlier face of the far right,

...emotive stuff
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    It has achieved a few more fans since the tabloids started whipping up anti-EU hysteria,

well you sound pretty hysterical !
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an unbelievably stupid thing to say.

Doesn't this clown realise the links with Nazi Germany by making such a ludicrous suggestion ~ yes I am invoking Godwin's early on. I make no apology for doing so.