Ukip candidate suggests compulsory abortion

Comments

• TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed! the point of my post was that the Government's own figures say they want to "eliminate" 20% of disability benefit claimants when it is known - their own figures - that less than 5% are possible fraud.

So this eugenics suggestion is no worse than what the Government is already doing and there have been a lot of deaths, they are not being reported.

I agree. I was agreeing with what you said earlier. :D
  • kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! the point of my post was that the Government's own figures say they want to "eliminate" 20% of disability benefit claimants when it is known - their own figures - that less than 5% are possible fraud.

So this eugenics suggestion is no worse than what the government are already doing and there have been a lot of deaths, they are not being reported.

Exactly - the Councillor is at fault (rightly so) but there are still millions who think what the Coalition's ideological policies towards the old, the sick and the disabled are right.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    What an unbelievably stupid thing to say.

Doesn't this clown realise the links with Nazi Germany by making such a ludicrous suggestion ~ yes I am invoking Godwin's early on. I make no apology for doing so.

Actually, it started in america, both in theory and in practice, and germany simply followed the theories of american writers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    I agree. I was agreeing with what you said earlier. :D

Yes I agree too!!!

hehehe

I just thought my attempt at "lets just kill 'em all" humour had been mistaken for normal DS language!

I'm glad we agree, I can go now!
    :D
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that the Liberal lefties were all in favour of abortion.:p
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    I thought that the Liberal lefties were all in favour of abortion.:p

Only of potential conservatives...:p
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But some would say - does he have a point? If Downs Syndrome is detected early, and the woman has the child, the state picks up the tab.

ah but not everyone with a disabled child claims benefits. some can work around the hours of their special school and, in the case of a family I know, one partner works and one stays at home (and that was the case before their disabled child)

What he also hasnt considered is, what if the mother to be was already a benefit scrounger and has no intention of ever working? would she get to keep the baby
    Forum Member
    topcat3 wrote: »
    ah but not everyone with a disabled child claims benefits. some can work around the hours of their special school and, in the case of a family I know, one partner works and one stays at home (and that was the case before their disabled child)

What he also hasnt considered is, what if the mother to be was already a benefit scrounger and has no intention of ever working? would she get to keep the baby

So tit would likely then becomes a class issue too? The rich can keep their disabled babies the poor, or scroungers as they are know known, cannot!
    They have already toyed with limiting the number of children people on benefits can have.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »

Not necessarily a 'special school'. Many children with Down's syndrome attend mainstream school. They also can go on and work. My son who has Down's syndrome works part-time as a teaching assistant in a mainstream primary school.

It doesn't occur to those who make these sorts of statements that they are talking about people who can and do read the news. Not very pleasant to read someone advocating widespread elimination of everyone like you because you're just a burden.This idiot extended his eugenics suggestion to those with spina bifida, of course, not to mention easy euthanasia for those past their sell-by date.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have already toyed with limiting the number of children people on benefits can have.

No they haven't, they are considering limiting benefit to the first two children. You can have as many kids as you like if you can afford them and don't expect the state, i.e. taxpayer, to keep them.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to think my dad is voting for these idiots in the next election. Doh!

Oh dear :rolleyes:
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry about UKIP everyone. :D
    Theyre doing great and will get millions of votes at the next election. :)
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    That's very true- but most of the other parties don't come up with such a lame excuse... they just get deservedly embarrassed.

I mean, seriously, "we don't actually check any of our local candidates" may be true for everyone, but it makes you sound incompetent.

No, it makes you sound incompetent AND desperate.
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    sack him nigel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    No, it makes you sound incompetent AND desperate.

Like one miniscule blip for UKIP wipes away 30 years of Westminster sleaze and lies. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    Like one miniscule blip for UKIP wipes away 30 years of Westminster sleaze and lies. :rolleyes:

I don't think there was any part of my post that said anything of the sort.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    I don't think there was any part of my post that said anything of the sort.

I didnt say you did, did I :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt say you did, did I :confused:

Quoting the post and then responding as you did rather made it look like that. But if you were making an unrelated remark, fair enough :confused:
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its strange to think that the conservative govt fears them !
    Probably to do with there opinions on immigration and the EU and takeing into consideration most if not all there members was in fact conservatives.. The govt is getting very worried and they should be and the majorirty of voters in the uk are against illegal immigration and the EU
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a very good point .

We cant keep going on forever voting for Labour or Conservative.They're much of a (useless) muchness

Fresh political thinking ,is always welcome .....

We don t want to be lumbered with Red Ed by default .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly a nutter. His party have suspended him.

This is UKIP, they probably suspended him for not being insane enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont worry about UKIP everyone. :D
    Theyre doing great and will get millions of votes at the next election. :)

If that is true then please excuse me while I go stab myself in the eye.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost anything that anyone ever says about abortion angers me.

Is that a normal reaction? I can't discuss it anymore. I can't agree with almost anything that either side of the debate have to say on the matter. And that's never, ever happened to me before.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So tit would likely then becomes a class issue too? The rich can keep their disabled babies the poor, or scroungers as they are know known, cannot!

I was merely pointing out how ridiculous his proposal was. Im fiercely anti-abortion and do not want anyone to be made to abort their baby

And btw just because someone has a job and earns an honest living does not make them rich or middle class
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Actually, it started in america, both in theory and in practice, and germany simply followed the theories of american writers.

Sir Francis Galton was American?