David Coulthart's sister dead at 35

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
Forum Member
I'm not sure if this is news or discussion worthy, I am too stunned I think.

She was pretty well known around here, a very pleasant lady, his whole family are lovely and it is heartbreaking thinking what they are going through.

Just to me this is particularly shocking as it is almost an exact copy of what happened to my best friend. Dropped dead, her heart. Age 35 with young children. I'm now thinking about my friend's family reliving this as well as DC's family going through an absolute horror of a time. Lyn had a young baby.

This heart problem seems to occur quite often, the celebrity ones make news, but it does make me wonder about it, especially around this area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-21395171

My heart goes out to his family.

Comments

• AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met her once before. She was a lovely lady :(
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My heart goes out to his family.

Interesting choice of phrase.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was that really necessary?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member

I know - sorry, too close I think.
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I've met her once before. She was a lovely lady :(

She was very bubbly, also very like my friend.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,890
    Forum Member
    Yup very sad, especially for her young baby.
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »

When questioned people often say it's the "best" way to go, if there is one, fast and she wouldn't have known anything about it.

But it is such a shock, everyone stunned and reeling, it's particularly hard on everyone else, I wonder does that matter?

Obviously the biggest part is someone suddenly not being there and it feels so wrong.

I don't know, it's opened a lot of old wounds. My friends children were 3 and 7. The baby is likely to grow up having no memories at all of Lyn.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »

Yes :(
  • LurkalotLurkalot Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to my wife 4 years ago, she was 41.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,890
    Forum Member
    The baby is likely to grow up having no memories at all of Lyn.

This was my reasoning why it was very sad, in addition to DC and other family members and friends losing her. I know her baby will not be unique in this situation - babies given up for adoption, mothers dieing during childbirth, etc - but for the child to not have any memories of her natural mother is particularly sad.

ETA. I don't think I've ever posted on a "tribute" thread on this forum, just DC seemed a decent bloke and given the family circumstances I felt I wanted to make a post.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lurkalot wrote: »

Very sorry to hear that :(
    Forum Member
    Lurkalot wrote: »

Really, really sorry to hear that.

What is there to say, there is no understanding or making reason of it, you must go through hell every time it happens again so I regret starting this thread.
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When questioned people often say it's the "best" way to go, if there is one, fast and she wouldn't have known anything about it.

Possibly true, if it had happened 50-60 years later 35 is way too young.

And this condition hss been known to hit people in their 30s, and even teenagers..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Sadly the same thing happened to my brother in law. He was in his early 40's.Poor family. My heart goes out to anyone who goes through this.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    The title is bugging me! You could have least spelled the name correctly, it's Coulthard.
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    The title is bugging me! You could have least spelled the name correctly, it's Coulthard.

I actually hadn't noticed.

I wasn't thinking quite straight, that's local pronunciation, it's the way we say it.

And I can't believe you'd say something as petty.

Lyn's surname was Jackson.
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Sadly the same thing happened to my brother in law. He was in his early 40's.Poor family. My heart goes out to anyone who goes through this.

I know avasgranny, I keep thinking of my friend's family, they'll be re living it as well as everyone else in shock and grieving anew.