Judge Rinder

Comments

• miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that it matters but he must be the campiest judge ever!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that it matters but he must be the campiest judge ever!

Is he a judge in real life or just for this show?
  • FatimaFatima Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    He's a criminal barrister, I think he is just brilliant!
    Judge Rob Rinder is an exceptional British barrister who has instructed some of the most high profile cases of recent years, including the New Year’s Eve shootings of Leticia Shakespeare and Charlene Ellis and the manslaughter of Iraqi detainees by British soldiers.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, so as long as you're not a professional, you can sell any piece of sh*t you like and it's the buyer's fault for not realising he was dealing with a shyster? :o

Seems a bit harsh. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    " Go talk to the judge. It looks like he likes you" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Hang on, so as long as you're not a professional, you can sell any piece of sh*t you like and it's the buyer's fault for not realising he was dealing with a shyster? :o

Seems a bit harsh. :(

Seems so though I suppose it is buyer beware, esp. on sites like Gumtree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    " Go talk to the judge. It looks like he likes you" :D

That was bwhahaha!
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Och, I think that guy was mugged!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was bwhahaha!
    :D:D:D:D

I enjoyed that. Is it on every day or just once a week? :)
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

I enjoyed that. Is it on every day or just once a week? :)

Every weekday at 2pm :)
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,638
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed this; the guy has a certain wit and class which lifts the show above the Jeremy Kyle chav-fest I'd anticipated (although I noticed that JK's "director of aftercare" Graham is listed on the credits!).

Seems better than that People's Court UK thing that Carol Smillie hosted a few years back. I can't remember but didn't that show just offer non-legally binding "decisions" rather than actual cash damages like this one does? So have they changed the rules on what you can actually do on this type of programme in this country?
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This judge appears to be Paul O'Grady's love child
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I like Judge Judy so watched this to compare. I won't be watching it again. The Brits can never reproduce American quality.

This judge isn't fit to polish the little toe-nail of Judge Judy. The program was so bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    Well I like Judge Judy so watched this to compare. I won't be watching it again. The Brits can never reproduce American quality.

This judge isn't fit to polish the little toe-nail of Judge Judy. The program was so bad.

American and quality. There's 2 words you don't see together too often.
  • jp200300jp200300 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    The woman who gives the papers to the judge looks a bit like Pauline McLynn (Mrs Doyle from Father Ted).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jp200300 wrote: »
    The woman who gives the papers to the judge looks a bit like Pauline McLynn (Mrs Doyle from Father Ted).

I said that as well on here earlier. :D
  • jp200300jp200300 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I said that as well on here earlier. :D

She's quite odd isn't she, I'm sure she was taking the p*** with her mannerisms lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jp200300 wrote: »
    She's quite odd isn't she, I'm sure she was taking the p*** with her mannerisms lol

Looked like she was trying to hog the limelight for a bit.
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I didn't think he was too bad. I hadn't expected too much from the programme but it had its moments and I'm prepared to give the guy time to get used to being on TV, a different ball game to what he is used to. In a way it isn't fair to compare him to Judge Judy but I will always watch her when I can and don't think I will mind too much if I miss Rob Rinder sometimes. Pity he isn't a judge! I'm sure ITV could have found a real judge instead of a practising barrister to star in this new programme. That's where it falls down mainly, for me anyway. JJ had years of experience as a judge in both criminal court and family court after practising at the bar. Still I doubt that fact will make much difference to most viewers.

Let's give him a week or two.
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one can or will equal Judge Judy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judge Rinder - camper than a scout troop holiday. It was quite amusing in a sort of baffled daytime telly sort of way. I shall watch it again if only for the laughs.

"I want a decent Jaguar for £1500" ........ yes dear, of course you do. I want to look like a 1960s Twiggy....... It ain gonna happen.
  • the teddy bearthe teddy bear Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this earlier today and Rinder's camp schtick makes John Barrowman look like Gene Hunt! :D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Rob Rinder, sounds like an classy (rhymes with corn....P) star name. :(
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    No one can or will equal Judge Judy

JJ quotes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115227/quotes
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought he was hot and i liked the show as well