Do men find woman over size 14 attractive?

123457»

Comments

• haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vellum wrote: »
    Marilyn Monroe was a size 16

Monroe was never a size 16 that is an urban myth. She had a fantastic figure for most of her life and the only time you can see her on film a bit heaver in 'Some Like it Hot' she was pregnant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    BrooklynBoy, the men I've fancied or gone out with throughout my life have come in all different shapes and sizes. OK, I don't find obesity attractive, but plump or a bit chubby is fine. I don't have a type, the most important thing to me is that indefinable and wonderful thing called chemistry.

From my own experience, I think larger women are a lot less popular with men than slimmer ones. But maybe I don't carry myself with confidence and it shows.

But I've known some hefty men who won't go out with anyone who's not slim, and think it's the woman's duty to be so, so men do it too!

I'm inclined to agree. My own take is that men have a far easier time of it than women size wise. Now it may be down to the fact that some women will overlook physical flaws if the guy has other "attributes" (**cough** Bernie Ecclestone **cough**) but I think we are generally less obsessed with physical perfection. I might fancy the pants off Matthew McConaughey but I'd far rather Dara O'Briain or Eddie Izzard.

Am I speaking from experience? I guess so. Maybe I just lucked out but once I hit my early 30's and had 2 children my then OH decided I was "too ugly" - I was generally overweight in his view as I was always bigger than him. He weighed 9 stone and had a 26-28" waist I was more Kirstie Allsop. :D
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shute wrote: »
    Really? Vanessa Felltz is a size 12 apparently...:confused:

Never - Vanessa Feltz is a size 18. She has fat arms, a huge bust and a thick waist. If she thinks she's a size 12 she's delusional.
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find all sorts attractive. What I do dislike is some of those female targetted programmes that make out you have to find big girls attractive to be a "proper" man and that it is some sort of sin to fancy skinny girls. Both are as good as each other.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    I love anything but skinny.
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Vanessa Feltz is seriously shaggable. I love her.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are curvy then yes.

If they are basically short blobs with rolls of fat packed into a unflattering jumper so they look like they have 8 sets of saggy boobs and thighs that resemble melting candle wax and cottage cheese, no.

A woman with some weight to her if dressed appropriately to me can be more alluring that some waif in a bikini. It's all about dress sense and presenting yourself well.

I've had a minor crush on Liza Tarbuck for that exact reason ever since the days of the Big Breakfast, she dressed in such a way she had a heaving cleavage and her calf muscles always looked toned even though she's not going to be mistaken for Kate Moss any time soon. If anything I was disappointed Linda Geen and Bonkers didn't show some more of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Size 14 isn't in the remotest bit fat.

It is if you're under 5'8" tall....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    Not at all. As long as you don't live in Birmingham, the obesity capital of Britain. Big girls are few and far between in my locality. Though lots of them seem to have big bums and thighs from horseriding.

:eek::eek::eek:: obesity capital??
  • Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JPDorsetDS wrote: »
    99 out of 100 men would prefer to spend a night with Kirsty Allsop than Kate Moss.

No, I wouldn't.

Mossy wins the Joey vote every time.

I hate fat bitches.