Options

TalkTalk Fibre Optic Router wont work

suncitysuncity Posts: 368
Forum Member
Hello guys, in need of some urgent help please.

I've ordered TalkTalk fibre optic broadband.

The engineer came the other day before the router was sent. He did his bit in the green box outside the house down the road. He then came inside and worked on one of the telephone exchanges. He put a box on which looks like this:

http://cdn.cupofcoffee.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/face-plate.jpg

He said the fibre cable goes on top once the router arrived.

The router arrived and the red cable (fibre) was placed in this port, as well as the red marked fibe input on the router.

I switched on at the mains and I am left with the green power light, and the ADSL light just flashes on and off. No internet connection is made with any of my devices.

Looking at the help online and the booklets provided, I am being told I need a separate openreach modem. Is this accurate?

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Options
    Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should also have had an Openreach modem as well. The engineer should have supplied this. Unless the router TalkTalk supply now has that built in. I would say call them up, but TalkTalk customer services over the phone still leave a lot to be desired. Post on their forum page instead.
  • Options
    suncitysuncity Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Hi, yes it would appear the Openreach modem was not left with me. They are organising this*

*The same company who couldn't get the TalkTalk router to arrive before the engineer came.

TalkTalk are a bit of a joke. I was on the phone to them for 1. hours earlier, in their fn Indian call centre. being passed from person to person, most of the time on hold. The minimum wage, ill informed staff were contradicting themselves, and in turn I was treated like a hot potato.

Disgusting service so far.
  • Options
    martino2539martino2539 Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    not sure who installed fibre for you but the engineer who came should have fitted the white vdsl modem for you and also if youre black tt router isnt on site on the day then they provide a tt router off van stock. I am one of those said enginers!