So according to the Daily mail this is hillarious

2»

Comments

• mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do people who dont like the DM browse their website in the first place!
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    mounty wrote: »
    why do people who dont like the DM browse their website in the first place!

Out of a sense of wonder I suppose - to see just how awful it can be!
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    I literally split my sides laughing.

I don't think you would literally split your sides as you would probably be in hospital now if you did. I think you mean metophorically.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    The excuses people on this forum use as a pretext to have a go at The Daily Mail are getting more and more pathetic.
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    ^This.

AND? If you both know what's coming why bother to click this? Well, other than to bitch & moan.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    AND? If you both know what's coming why bother to click this? Well, other than to bitch & moan.

Where did either of us say we knew what was coming?:confused:
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you would literally split your sides as you would probably be in hospital now if you did. I think you mean metophorically.

Ya think?
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes a change to hear about a DM story which isn't bashing the Beeb.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2658184/Bezza-goes-berserk-Mary-Berrys-unlikely-game-face-revealed-jumps-joy-turns-cartwheels-England-goal-hilarious-BBC-promo.html

I think the daily mail have an odd opinion of what funny actually is . This is probably one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen in my life.

You have my sympathy, It's always a jolt to discover that humour is subjective.
    jjwales wrote: »
    Out of a sense of wonder I suppose - to see just how awful it can be!

I often feel that way when I venture onto the Politics forum.
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member

Thank you for that Mr Logic. Beep boop.
  • Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »

Because it's a promo for a twee programme made by, and for, middle class white people. The only kind of programming the Daily Mail thinks the BBC should be making, made by the only kind of people the Daily Mail thinks the BBC should employ. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that Mr Logic. Beep boop.

What makes you think it's Mr? - Beep boop.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw that before the football and thought it was funny. I only recognised Mel and Sue out of the people in it but it still worked for me.
    Never heard it before - what does it mean?

Incredible technique. Tekkers (meaning technque/skills) is a slang word popularised by the TV programme "Soccer AM".

A relevant clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbtXB000GCY
    Forum Member
    What makes you think it's Mr? - Beep boop.

There's a character in Viz called Mr Logic. Your post was similar to something he would say. That was the joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail have an obsession with Mary Berry but as far as celebs go she seems like one of the more harmless ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a character in Viz called Mr Logic. Your post was similar to something he would say. That was the joke.

Oh sorry, I didn't know about a Mr. Logic. My apologies. :)
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mary Berry out-ranks BBC bashing on the DM PLU scale.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mail uses the word "hilarious" far too much!

They do, but I think they do it deliberately, as it does automatically wind up a number of their commenters.

As for this video, it is actually one of the more amusing 'hilarious' things they have posted....
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's from the DM Online, and the more articles I see from that the more I'm convinced that it's just fluff and written just to attract web traffic. There's no real news content. I was going to say it was written by monkeys. But I think that's an insult to monkeys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Mary Berry out-ranks BBC bashing on the DM PLU scale.
    What's a PLU scale?
    Forum Member
    Oh sorry, I didn't know about a Mr. Logic. My apologies. :)

No worries :)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Nothing that the Mail ever claims to be hilarious - their favourite and most over-used word - is ever remotely funny, to me.

While we're about it, I don't see why you have to be considered to be a miseryguts if you disagree with what someone else finds funny, either. I find millions of things amusing, it's just that maybe my sense of humour lies in another direction to some others.

I'm also probably the only person in the universe that can't bloody stand bloody Mary bloody Berry!
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to agree with the Daily Mail but it is funny. I've seen it on TV a number of times I stll find it amusing.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's a PLU scale?

'People Like Us'

Now, if this advert had featured a non PLU or even, god forbid, Jonathan Ross - then it would have gone down like a cup of cold sick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    'People Like Us'

Now, if this advert had featured a non PLU or even, god forbid, Jonathan Ross - then it would have gone down like a cup of cold sick.
    I see. Thanks.