Happy Days starting Next Monday on gold

dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ayyy Sit on it starting next week Monday 16.00 on Gold , Happy Days and showing every week day 10.00,16.00

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh good
    Always wanted to see this show. Especially as i am checking out a lot of sitcoms at the moment
  • dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good
    Always wanted to see this show. Especially as i am checking out a lot of sitcoms at the moment

not happy with gold they showed the first two seasons bewitched and gone back to the beginning again
    >:(
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    not happy with gold they showed the first two seasons bewitched and gone back to the beginning again
    >:(

This - I was enjoying watching Bewitched, just hope they don't show S3 without me realising - still loving I Dream of Jeannie though :)

Looking forward to early episodes of Happy Days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bewitched became crap after season 2. Maybe Gold were saving people from 6 more seasons of pain?

Or they only purchased two seasons?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for happy days either love that show. Been loving the reruns of I dream of jeannie as well another one of my favourites as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cassie1984 wrote: »
    Can't wait for happy days either love that show. Been loving the reruns of I dream of jeannie as well another one of my favourites as well.

Just hope that Gold shows more classic US sitcom's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    Just hope that Gold shows more classic US sitcom's.

In the US, they show all the classic US sitcoms on a channel called TV land

We should have a UK version of it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the US, they show all the classic US sitcoms on a channel called TV land

We should have a UK version of it

Yes I know and there's others me tv,antenna tv channel
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Oh good

It had a few spin off's as well, mork & mindy being the best IMO
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    It had a few spin off's as well, mork & mindy being the best IMO

Strictly speaking it only had the one spinoff Joanie loves Chachie. All the other shows used Happy Days as as launch pad but were not true spinoffs. In my opinion the show went into severe decline when Ritchie and Potsie left and Fonzie was promoted to main cast, the focus of the show completely changed and it became the Fonzie show, as a minor character in small doses Fonzie was brilliant but when he became the central character the whole Cheesy/cool act quikley became tiresome.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly speaking it only had the one spinoff Joanie loves Chachie. All the other shows used Happy Days as as launch pad but were not true spinoffs. In my opinion the show went into severe decline when Ritchie and Potsie left and Fonzie was promoted to main cast, the focus of the show completely changed and it became the Fonzie show, as a minor character in small doses Fonzie was brilliant but when he became the central character the whole Cheesy/cool act quikley became tiresome.

Speaking of shows inspired by Happy Days, anyone remember the cartoon Heyyy, It's The King! The main lead was a lion based on Fonzie.

Link.
    Forum Member
    i disagree, if they were in the main show first then developed into their own show, its a spin off, laverne and shirley and mork and mindy both did this, as did nearly all the others really with one exeption, but given happy days itself may be classed as a spin off to some, it s all relative.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone been watching?
    Bit mixed at the moment
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    i disagree, if they were in the main show first then developed into their own show, its a spin off, laverne and shirley and mork and mindy both did this, as did nearly all the others really with one exeption, but given happy days itself may be classed as a spin off to some, it s all relative.:D

Would Happy Days be regarded as a spin-off of the movie "American Graffiti" ?
    I loved Laverne and Shirley. Lenny and Squiggy were so funny and Cindy Williams was very sexy !
    Forum Member
    Would Happy Days be regarded as a spin-off of the movie "American Graffiti" ?
    I loved Laverne and Shirley. Lenny and Squiggy were so funny and Cindy Williams was very sexy !

Love american style, or love and the happy days, featured Ron howard as richie Cunningham, and also potsie as his friend, they then created a spin off about Richie and his family/friends called happy days.
    That makes it a spin off in the same way pheonix nights is a spin off of "That peter kay thing "short "the club", its up for debate wether it is an actual spin-off, some say yes, some say no.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion the show went into severe decline when Ritchie and Potsie left and Fonzie was promoted to main cast, the focus of the show completely changed and it became the Fonzie show, as a minor character in small doses Fonzie was brilliant but when he became the central character the whole Cheesy/cool act quikley became tiresome.

That often happen doesn't it? You need the contrast.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted I dont have Gold as I really want to see this. They only released the first 4 seasons on dvd and I want to see them all.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is series 6 not being shown?????