Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Smoked back bacon

Cool, may have to go to Morrisons then :)
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    lectrospin wrote: »
    Her husband makes it. How do you figure her husband drinks it when she's given it to the dog? she doesn't like tea it was in the last ad.

Because she says "Here Harold", calling him over to drink his tea after the dog has drank it. Duh! :p
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uberman wrote: »
    Halfords advert:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but i would of thought that Halfords would of edited out the Rolf Harris lookalike splashing water on his face as the kids ride past on their bikes! :eek:

Actually any of these Halfrauds ads with the " get on your bike" theme seem to be counter productive. Very strange ideas on what sells things, quite eerie and disturbing.
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Every BT advert?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Co-Op with a sultry voice over saying how great bacon is and why they charge so little for it.
    2.29 for 8 rashers.

1.39 for 8 rashers in Morrisons!

Don't get me started on Co-op prices.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "HAY-DAAAAAAAAY"

No!!! Just shuttup...... >:(

You can get AIDS whenever you want though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Halifax reward account advert. Giving extra. Who cares.
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky. A gormlessly grinning ex-footballer waving in front of a computer generated audience "cheering". I am not giving any of my cash to Murdoch or to Beckham, no matter how often they screen it.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who finds it strange that BT Sport are using a footballer from a league that they don't show?

And don't bring up that they've got the Champions League - they don't have that until the 2015/16 season.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Southern Comfort advert...I'm sure that bartender's boss won't be happy with him spilling lemonade all over the place and just walking off!
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Go Ahead bars - So cringeworthy.
    Aldi ads with middle class women saying what their favourite product is - shut up, we all know you shop at Waitrose.
    ITV Corrie & Emmerdale "fairytale" advert - cringe, annoying cover of the song 'Tainted Love'.
    Birdseye - "I'm taking a picture of my dinner to send to Tom so he can get some ideas" "Aww you guys are so cute". No!
  • Options
    Twin_TwoTwin_Two Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst advert? How much time have you got? There are dozens of awful ones >:(

Pregnancy test one where two girls are at the kitchen table. So, you peed on a stick and carted it into the kitchen to show your friend? Nice. No wonder she is going to cry.

Patronising cow on the Secret Escapes one. YOU go.

Stupid grinning bitch on the Trivago ads.

Thankfully the painful "anything for yow cup-cake" one seems to have vanished.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything with silly twee pathetic spoken versions of Depeche Modes 'Just Can't Get Enough' currently being used by Sainsbury I believe.
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bloody HSBC advert with the smug kid flogging lemonade has reappeared "I also take Hang Kang dalllars.." and then speaks to the woman in Cantonese...

Report the little madam to the Securities and Exchange Commission....
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That bloody HSBC advert with the smug kid flogging lemonade has reappeared "I also take Hang Kang dalllars.." and then speaks to the woman in Cantonese...

Report the little madam to the Securities and Exchange Commission....
    She sounds like she's smoking 40 a day
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Somersby Cider. 16 pip, 32 pip, interface. I bet the marketing team really thought they had hit the jackpot with that idea.

This thread should be retitled,'favourite advert'. Most adverts annoy me. Fail to get the message over and some I just can't remember what the product is they are trying to sell.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    There is a best advert thread
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That gold ad with the prancing dad .... the radio version is even worse! (heard that today)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What gets me is how so many adverts treat the customers/viewers as being plain stupid. Some are patronising, condescending and appeal to some marketing teams idea of a stereotype.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    That effin' Chicken Fat song, ARGGHHHHH!

I know loads of people who hate that ad,including myself.'Chicken Fat'-who thought of that bizarre one?.I think it's for o2.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Chicken Fat" (also known as "The Youth Fitness Song") is a 1962 song written by Broadway composer Meredith Willson (The Music Man......

Used in school gymnasiums across the United States, "Chicken Fat" was the theme song for President John F. Kennedy's youth fitness program. Willson contacted Fitness Council administrator Dick Snider with an offer to write a song to be used to promote exercise for children."

From Wikipedia.

After hearing that song no wonder so many American citizens ended up with an aversion to exercise, I'd have ended up a fat f*cker too if that was played to me as a kid.

Loathsome song and loathsome advert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    "Chicken Fat" (also known as "The Youth Fitness Song") is a 1962 song written by Broadway composer Meredith Willson (The Music Man......

Used in school gymnasiums across the United States, "Chicken Fat" was the theme song for President John F. Kennedy's youth fitness program. Willson contacted Fitness Council administrator Dick Snider with an offer to write a song to be used to promote exercise for children."

From Wikipedia.

After hearing that song no wonder so many American citizens ended up with an aversion to exercise, I'd have ended up a fat f*cker too if that was played to me as a kid.

Loathsome song and loathsome advert.

He He!.Now it all makes sense.Thanks.:D
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least (some) Americans will have recognised the song and it's history. Why have that song on an ad shown in Britain? It means nothing to us here at all, and we certainly don't use the term 'chicken fat' in that context, so they're either clueless or they don't give a stuff. I wondered what the heck it was going on about when I first saw it >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    At least (some) Americans will have recognised the song and it's history. Why have that song on an ad shown in Britain? It means nothing to us here at all, and we certainly don't use the term 'chicken fat' in that context, so they're either clueless or they don't give a stuff. I wondered what the heck it was going on about when I first saw it >:(

Maybe they just did it to get people talking.That's how these ad people work.I certainly wouldn't have approved it's release.
    O2,see what you can do?.Annoy people.>:(
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Maybe they just did it to get people talking.That's how these ad people work.I certainly wouldn't have approved it's release.
    O2,see what you can do?.Annoy people.>:(

Is it for O2? I thought it was for iPhone? I don't actually take notice as it just gets me annoyed. :D
This discussion has been closed.