Options

Birds of a Feather

flaviawowflaviawow Posts: 152
Forum Member
Can anybody please tell me who wrote the stage version of 'Birds of a Feather' currently touring the UK.

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a simple google search would answer your question

http://www.thepublicreviews.com/birds-of-a-feather-richmond-theatre-london/
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    flaviawow wrote: »
    Can anybody please tell me who wrote the stage version of 'Birds of a Feather' currently touring the UK.

I think I read somewhere that it was Jennifer Saunders
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what Leslie Joseph said on Loose Women the stage show is very much for the fans, lots of interaction with the audience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    flaviawow wrote: »

The script was written by Gary Lawson and John Phelps, who wrote a number of episodes of the original TV series. The series' creators, Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran, were consultants on the play script and received a co-credit.
  • Options
    conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Went to see the show last night and thought it was great. Only issue I had was that the mikes weren't loud enough and that the laughter from the audience drowned out a lot of the lines.
    I apparently missed a howler as the audience down the front started laughing before they had finished and this line actually stopped the cast whilst they tried valiantly to compose themselves lol It was in regards to Daryl and his lovemaking. Tracy said that Daryl's lovemaking was like his bank robbing, went in hard, shot 2 times and then that was it, didn't get the last of the punchline. If anyone else saw it and heard the whole thing, appreciate knowing what it was
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Are there any plans to extend the tour and maybe more dates in other parts of the country?
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent show. The BBC is hardly a wash with great pre-watershed sitcoms is it now, so why not bring it back?

They're all still alive, willing and have an audience.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to see this in afew weeks....hope it's good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conmarcas3 wrote: »
    Went to see the show last night and thought it was great. Only issue I had was that the mikes weren't loud enough and that the laughter from the audience drowned out a lot of the lines.
    I apparently missed a howler as the audience down the front started laughing before they had finished and this line actually stopped the cast whilst they tried valiantly to compose themselves lol It was in regards to Daryl and his lovemaking. Tracy said that Daryl's lovemaking was like his bank robbing, went in hard, shot 2 times and then that was it, didn't get the last of the punchline. If anyone else saw it and heard the whole thing, appreciate knowing what it was

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and the cast had to stop at the same point :p

I can't remember the rest of the joke though, I was laughing too much :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that it was Jennifer Saunders

I was thinking along the same lines then remembered JS is writing the spice girls viva forever show.

Birds of a feather tour sounds very good :)
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    HenryBane wrote: »
    From what Leslie Joseph said on Loose Women the stage show is very much for the fans, lots of interaction with the audience.
    of course its very much for the fans who the hell else would it be very much for :D