The N word on CDWM?

johnny-go-gojohnny-go-go Posts: 153
Forum Member
Hi, am pretty sure that the girl who cooked last night (25/09), used the N word when she did eeny meeny miney mo'? My partner and I both heard it, did anyone else?

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what the hell is CDWM?
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the N word? :confused:
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come Dine With Me.

johnny: The episode is here if you want to check for your own peace of mind.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/come-dine-with-me/4od#3413487
  • Stevie_DonaldStevie_Donald Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    Come Dine With Me - I suspect

Didn't see that particular episode so no idea what was or was not said
  • keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come Dine With Me?

So what if they did? It was something that as kids we all used to say without understanding its meaning, I'm sure no offence was mean't. Its also something that I could quite easily say today if repeating the rhyme without thinking, its just the way I learn't it as a kid.

Another case of being terminally offended on someone else's behalf? Nothing to see here, move along now.
  • johnny-go-gojohnny-go-go Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    keicar wrote: »
    Come Dine With Me?

So what if they did? It was something that as kids we all used to say without understanding its meaning, I'm sure no offence was mean't. Its also something that I could quite easily say today if repeating the rhyme without thinking, its just the way I learn't it as a kid.

Another case of being terminally offended on someone else's behalf? Nothing to see here, move along now.

Oh the wit.

I think the woman was old enough to know the difference and it is a prime time TV show.

I didn't mention that I was offended by it and how do you know that I am not black and would be offended by it.

And learn't is not a word.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A contestant from Dublin got away with "f'kn" on a repeat last week :)
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the wit.

I think the woman was old enough to know the difference and it is a prime time TV show.

I didn't mention that I was offended by it and how do you know that I am not black and would be offended by it.

And learn't is not a word.

When I was young 'Johnny' had a rude connotation, therefore I'm offended by your username. Please change it. :p
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I think she said it, but it's no big deal on there.

I say 'think' because she said it in a West Country accent and I certainly used that 'eeny meeny' phrase when I was a child in the late 70s.

I didn't find what she said offensive. There's far more to be offended by on CDWM, usually the rude or ignorant diners!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    tigger it was !
    Forum Member
    When I was young 'Johnny' had a rude connotation, therefore I'm offended by your username. Please change it. :p

I used to know someone that was also offended by condoms, they are dead now. ;)

I know the contestant wasn't using it to be racist but surprised that the production team kept it in. If I remember correctly, it caused uproar when mentioned on Big Brother a few years ago.
    Forum Member
    tigger it was !

Thanks for clearing that one up, off to get my ears syringed.
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tigger it was !
    That's still unacceptable!
    The animal rights people will not be happy with that, tigers are a protected species
    :p
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tigger it was !

That was always the version from my school days. I was shocked when I learned that the original version of the rhyme featured "the N word".
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    This was a common thing to say in the 1960s. That can't ever be changed, but when it was generally realised to be offensive, (where I lived anyway) we changed it to 'figger' ('figure', as in person). Maybe it was this that she said?