Simon Cowell: Human Teflon.

Comments

• Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    jujubee wrote: »
    I don't know who's worse? Them in the pictures or the "Congrats to the happy couple" posts. Seriously?

I was just getting more and more angry reading the comments.

I want to shake every single person who wrote "they look so in love/Simon is so happy/he'll make a great dad" (delete as appropriate) until their teeth rattle and scream "why can't you see it's a set up?" in their face.

I have issues :o
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a surprise. The article talks about him manipulating them and playing one off the other - the XF viewers watched him do this every week with Cheryl and Dannii.

He really is a pathetic man. But these women are even more so.

You don't really see Jackie anymore. I always liked her though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just getting more and more angry reading the comments.

Yesterday when I saw the article I saw a lot of negative comments - people calling it a set up. Are they still there?

I notice in the pictures today - he can't be bothered holding her hand anymore. He looks fed up already :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Yesterday when I saw the article I saw a lot of negative comments - people calling it a set up. Are they still there?

I notice in the pictures today - he can't be bothered holding her hand anymore. He looks fed up already :p

:D And going go carting. Like all middle aged pregnant couples do when they're so in love :rolleyes:

There were some negative ones but really not that many when I looked. They didn't publish mine :o:cool:
    Forum Member
    clurw wrote: »

Gah. That fourth one is clearly him having been a little bit sick in his mouth after kissing a woman! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    This can't be the same delightful Simon Cowell, who over the years, protected by Max, has struggled to find true love with the ladees.

Reading that DM article - I can't help but wonder - if he has a son, will he grow up treating women in the same disrespectful way? According to this article, his Dad is insecure, selfish manipulative and utterly spineless, where women are only there to amuse him - what a role model.

Or if he has a daughter, who no doubt will be Daddy's little girl, but will grow up in this environment watching and thinking it's normal for women to compete for one man's attention. She'll grow up thinking all women are rivals and that she doesn't need to be her own person.

I may be reading too much into that article :D but it's sad when you think about the life he supposedly leads in that article and the possible impact his attitude would have on his child.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree with the op, it takes a special kind of b@st@rd to screw a friends wife!! Not much thought for the seven yr old kid whos family has been ripped apart!!

This mind set makes me laugh!! You make it sound like the wife is a poor innocent girl who has been unwillingly seduced It does take two to tango

I am an ex wife left for a younger richer version But I say that with tongue in cheek because happily married men and women do not stray She obviously wasn't happy but lucky for her it was an even richer mogul than her husband that came along at the right time.

Which is more moral having affairs for years and keeping it stum or breaking up a bad marriage to start afresh?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a surprise. The article talks about him manipulating them and playing one off the other - the XF viewers watched him do this every week with Cheryl and Dannii.

He really is a pathetic man. But these women are even more so.

You don't really see Jackie anymore. I always liked her though

Yes, he was quite vile to Dannii I thought. He used to ignore her, it was like she didn't exist. Can't have been a pleasant working environment for her.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that song he did about blurred lines was very catchy and it shows he can sing and dance and loves women
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah. That fourth one is clearly him having been a little bit sick in his mouth after kissing a woman! ;)

:D We have had all this with the last one he was "smitten" with. Although admitedly he does look more comfortable with this one. Having said that she is a close friend. I have seen him kiss Amanda Holden with a full on snog without any issues so i think it just depends how comfortable he is with the woman. It's all for the cameras
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very funny to think about the posts when this first came out. "Oh this is a DISASTER for Simon" or "He would never have planned this. It could ruin him."

Yeah right. He can spin any story to make him look good. And he knows it. Anything is possible with this.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I thought that song he did about blurred lines was very catchy and it shows he can sing and dance and loves women

:D very good.
    jujubee wrote: »
    It's very funny to think about the posts when this first came out. "Oh this is a DISASTER for Simon" or "He would never have planned this. It could ruin him."

Yeah right. He can spin any story to make him look good. And he knows it. Anything is possible with this.

It's astounding isn't it? The 180 degree turn in attitude in the papers since it first came out is mind boggling. Some fantastic spin going on here but why? Does Cowell know where the bodies are buried with the newspaper proprietors/journalists or something :confused: Would they really not turn on him so they can get news on XF or BGT? Or am I being incredibly naive and there's much more to it?
  • RumerRumer Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    It is unbelievable, I just left a comment on the DM story, guess what the comments are being checked in advance.
    What a surprise.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    It's astounding isn't it? The 180 degree turn in attitude in the papers since it first came out is mind boggling. Some fantastic spin going on here but why? Does Cowell know where the bodies are buried with the newspaper proprietors/journalists or something :confused: Would they really not turn on him so they can get news on XF or BGT? Or am I being incredibly naive and there's much more to it?

* shrugs * I don't know. Simon's story at the moment is generating readers for them, I guess? People see the articles and read them and Cowell Jr will be big news when he/she is born.

For someone who only weeks ago was asking people to respect his privacy - he's well and truly making a point of making their relationship public. There's yet more pictures of the 'happy couple' appeared this afternoon - and more of him seemingly grinning directly at the camera like he's loving the attention. I think it's all in bad taste on his part, personally, but that might be just me.

The positive spin is that he's sticking by her and that the whole thing was obviously 'meant to be' (I guess this makes the whole thing look good? :o ) - a vastly different narrative to what was being fed to the public only weeks ago via US news/gossip sites.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he was quite vile to Dannii I thought. He used to ignore her, it was like she didn't exist. Can't have been a pleasant working environment for her.

Yet she's still quite happy to work for him :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet she's still quite happy to work for him :rolleyes:

To be fair, she's not working directly with him. If I was her and could do a job I loved, that's well paid, based in my home country - and could avoid working directly with the SC - I would probably do it too. :p:D I doubt he has much to do with the Aussie version.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, she's not working directly with him. If I was her and could do a job I loved, that's well paid, based in my home country - and could avoid working directly with the SC - I would probably do it too. :p:D I doubt he has much to do with the Aussie version.

He is involved with it though, https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalspy.co.uk%2Fshowbiz%2Fs137%2Fthe-x-factor-australia%2Fnews%2Fa486728%2Fdannii-minogue-simon-cowell-talk-for-first-time-in-years-on-aus-x-factor.html&ei=LGQaUpS7MsO90QWBkoHgDw&usg=AFQjCNGiLNIgC1AOactPuCiK6G_1yvyUTA&sig2=Al9bnI-bjR-ySiNi8m0B5w&bvm=bv.51156542,d.d2k

I don't particularly think she was badly treated by him on the UK XF tbh, now we know that they'd slept together, it was obvious that there was an awkwardness between them, but it was nothing more than that. Dannii owes her rise in popularity over here purely to Cowell, and that is a fact.

When Dannii announced her pregnancy at the NTA's, her and Simon were very affectionate towards each other, so I don't think there's any grudge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumer wrote: »
    It is unbelievable, I just left a comment on the DM story, guess what the comments are being checked in advance.
    What a surprise.:rolleyes:

Well that says it all doesn't it :rolleyes: There is no valid reason for that as far as i can see, it's not like there is an ongoing court case
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    :D very good.

It probably is just as simple as that. It's not just XF/BGT but all Syco productions and his record label. One Direction alone are filling a few column inches at the moment

. I would think they dont want to upset Max Clifford either he has openly threatened not to give them any "exclusives" if they do ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I would take most of what comes from blind gossip with a huge pinch of eyerolling salt. Enty at Cdan at least admits that he's a bit economical with the truth. ;) BG on the other hand thinks it's the last word in news reporting. They are the most opportunist BI site, always jumping on a broken story and turning it into a scandal-filled BI, pretending they knew all along and have all the inside dish. I thought that particular BI was one the most transparent, pathetically cobbled together bit of posting they've done for a long while.

Personally I think Simon's life isn't even a fraction as 'interesting' as his pr would suggest.

This is something i have thought for years. Having followed his career since Pop Idol, his image has become a lot more eccentric. He's a complex character, but he seems to enjoy pushing he "odd" side of his image. That could be a cover for something else, or to make him more interesting or it could just be the truth.

As for the baby, i still think it will be the making of his personal life and his only regret will be not doing it sooner.

I've given up working out how and why this affair or arrangement came about!

Beckham, the worlds most ideal Dad it would seem, was even the one who cheated and still gets better press than Victoria!
  • Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So here we go folks, 'story' No 4 and all in the space of 24 hours. What a total pile of doggy doo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2401947/Simon-Cowell-lavished-love-pregnant-lover-Lauren-Silverman-kiss-yacht.html

You can smell the desperation. And the irony is that with every new set of staged photos that gets published, the less likely it is that people will actually believe in the authenticity of this coupling.

Does anyone on this thread honestly believe that this is a bona fide relationship? Paul? Ryan? Anyone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it is. But I do think Simon went behind her husband's back to make a deal with her. I don't know if he did it for maximum publicity or if he was hoping she would take care of Andrew quietly and he'd just go along with it because there marriage had troubles. I don't know.

Whatever the case, it's pathetic and sleazy. To say nothing of being totally obvious.