Options

storage hunters

13»

Comments

• Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's got to be staged, how else would all "the usual suspects" win every time?

And I wonder how much money they're given by the producers for the purpose of bidding because without that there's no programme.:confused:
  • Options
    ocoxocox Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

That will be interesting, but what about Lori:confused::blush:
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,293
    Forum Member
    Why would they have the keys?, you rent the locker and put your own padlock on the door, so the owner has the key, so by that fact, they're selling the locker because the owner has abandoned it, hence no keys.

But yes I would think some are staged, you have a locker with over one million dollars worth of art, yet forget to pay for the locker. You would move heaven and earth to raise the money needed to get your locker back.

That's what doesn't ring true - if you did have something of real value in a unit, surely you'd make sure you'd taken it out of storage before the 3 months are up? There was a Storage Wars the other day where Darrell found this huge collection of still in box toys, and hundreds of protected marvel/dc comic books, and the value he was given was in excess of $40k...

Both Storage Hunters and Wars are fun to watch (as long as you don't believe it's all 100% genuine!) :)

Interesting to see they're pushing the return of Dave Hester on SW (on the History channel), who has just returned to the show in the US (we see it in mid-September), following his dismissal and court case...
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Yep saw that this weekend, it was the biggest every spend on SW on a locker $16,000 but had $70,000+ worth in comics and toys etc. Why would you leave a unit like that. Sometimes the person who owned it could die and have no family etc, and nobody knows he has a unit?

What I find strange is the price of "white goods" $200 for a old top loading washing machine, $50 for a microwave, you'd struggle to get anywhere near that in the UK.
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,293
    Forum Member
    Yep saw that this weekend, it was the biggest every spend on SW on a locker $16,000 but had $70,000+ worth in comics and toys etc. Why would you leave a unit like that. Sometimes the person who owned it could die and have no family etc, and nobody knows he has a unit?

What I find strange is the price of "white goods" $200 for a old top loading washing machine, $50 for a microwave, you'd struggle to get anywhere near that in the UK.

You'd be gutted if your relative passed away, and by the time they'd got to the will, all their belongings had been sold off on Storage Wars (especially if you'd seen the episode on tv too) :o

As for white goods, some of the prices they say are at best very optimistic! It's the same with the DVDs, they'll see a box of say 30 DVDs, and say they'll get $4 per disc, so $120... even though the discs could be any old tosh or not even work! :)