Can Chris Brown ever redeem himself?

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is going to sound controversial but I believe in redemption however chris brown doesn't deserve it, he has shown no signs of remorse or that he has became a better or decent human. In fact he seems to be getting progressively worse. If he went away, got genuine help and paid for for what he did, I really believe he could've done that and become a good person that you could believe he would never have laid a hand on a woman again. This wasn't like two best friends or sisters, fathers and sons, mothers and daughters fight.

Look at nelson mandela, so many people have and can redeem themselves but chris brown it seems unlikely.

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't think he can. He is a boorish, violent, arrogant, charmless, vile, wife beating piece of filth who has shown no remorse for his behaviour. He deserves nothing but contempt IMHO.
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel for his mum.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he can, no. Woman beating is among the lowest of the lowest things a man can ever do and he seems like a really disgusting person in general too. I will forever be sickened that the music industry welcomed him back with open arms and tried to put pressure on us to forgive him.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His career seems to be doing fine without redemption.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

What I don't get is that he seems completely mental, his behaviour just gets worse and worse. Usually if someone had done what he did, they would do everything in they could do get help and work on themselves to make sure that never happens again
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Why would he need redemption?

His fans simply blamed Rihanna for her own beating.

Most of them, women.
  • oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scumbag would have to find a cure for aids and cancer before there could be any thought of redemption.
    What he did was unforgivable.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for his mum.

Why? She's partly to blame for raising a POS like him.
    Chris Brown saw his Mother get beaten by her boyfriend over and over again and she stayed with him and allowed her son to be in that environment.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

Yeah. It's beyond depressing. :(
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard one of his songs on the radio yesterday. Would it be possible to give him songs without any "s" sounds in future?

"Put your handth up and danth." ;-)
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I think he certainly could if he tried but obviously lacks effort/isn't ready at the moment. He needs to lay off the drugs and address his anger issues, although I suspect if he did the first the second would be helped a lot.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Why? She's partly to blame for raising a POS like him.
    Chris Brown saw his Mother get beaten by her boyfriend over and over again and she stayed with him and allowed her son to be in that environment.

I'm sorry, are you blaming his mother for getting beaten?? :o:confused:

I really wish people would not make snap judgements about domestic violence. It's all too easy to say what you would do in that situation or to imagine that it's not hard to leave when it happens. Unfortunately, life is always a little more complicated than that. There are all kinds of issues surrounding it - including emotional abuse (whereby the felame is made to feel worthless and that this is what she deserves), monetary (where it would be impossible for them to leave without becoming destitute) and so many other factors.

And the strongest of us can succumb to it. Until you've 'walked a mile in someone's shoes' and all that.

As for Mr Brown, I think the fact that he continues to show a violent side to his nature in any given situation means that he either has no control over his temper or simply doesn't care. Or both.

And remember, in the business he is in, he is accustomed to the feeling of self-entitlement, not to mention that sycophants will surround him, reassuring him that he is the one 'hard done by' and, as his career has not been affected by any of the incidents he finds himself, it would appear that he will not be changing his behaviour any time soon.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, are you blaming his mother for getting beaten?? :o:confused:

I really wish people would not make snap judgements about domestic violence. It's all too easy to say what you would do in that situation or to imagine that it's not hard to leave when it happens. Unfortunately, life is always a little more complicated than that. There are all kinds of issues surrounding it - including emotional abuse (whereby the felame is made to feel worthless and that this is what she deserves), monetary (where it would be impossible for them to leave without becoming destitute) and so many other factors.

And the strongest of us can succumb to it. Until you've 'walked a mile in someone's shoes' and all that.

As for Mr Brown, I think the fact that he continues to show a violent side to his nature in any given situation means that he either has no control over his temper or simply doesn't care. Or both.

And remember, in the business he is in, he is accustomed to the feeling of self-entitlement, not to mention that sycophants will surround him, reassuring him that he is the one 'hard done by' and, as his career has not been affected by any of the incidents he finds himself, it would appear that he will not be changing his behaviour any time soon.

I'm not blaming her for getting beaten by a man, no. The only person to blame for Chris Brown's behaviour is Chris Brown, however he grew up in a home where he frequently saw his Mother being beaten up by a man, who she stayed with. I'm not saying it's easy for women who are suffering from domestic violence to leave but you can't tell me growing up in that environment isn't partly to blame for the way he has turned out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    No. He's a woman beating coward who deserves to be behind bars or at the least, picking up litter with other criminals. Even if you hate rihanna I don't see how anyone can take his side in this. He's a coward who thinks he's a hard man. Send him in with some real hard men and see how big he is then.

The fact his mum was beaten makes him even more despicable. It basically means he seems to think it's okay to smack your wife around. Horrible odious man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    I'm not blaming her for getting beaten by a man, no. The only person to blame for Chris Brown's behaviour is Chris Brown, however he grew up in a home where he frequently saw his Mother being beaten up by a man, who she stayed with. I'm not saying it's easy for women who are suffering from domestic violence to leave but you can't tell me growing up in that environment isn't partly to blame for the way he has turned out.

I think you'll find there are many people who have grown up in that environment and the effect has been that they abhor and would never resort to domestic violence because they've witnessed / experienced the extent of the damage first hand. The result of the experience varies a great deal.