Shooting in Canada, gunman being hunted down

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Just seen a news story on BBC world news about three policeman in Canada being shot dead by a 24 year old man who is now being hunted down in the area it happened and that area is now on lock down. Residents told to stay in doors and keep all doors locked. Anyone seen this?. There is way to much gun crime over there Obama needs to change the gun laws right now. How many more people have to die cos of this?.

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen a news story on BBC world news about three policeman in Canada being shot dead by a 24 year old man who is now being hunted down in the area it happened and that area is now on lock down. Residents told to stay in doors and keep all doors locked. Anyone seen this?. There is way to much gun crime over there Obama needs to change the gun laws right now. How many more people have to die cos of this?.

Obvious troll is obvious
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is way to much gun crime over there Obama needs to change the gun laws right now.

It's kinda hard to tell when all you have is the written word.

So although it may be obvious that you ARE, I really hope you're joking!

ETA. Or, I suppose, it may be a kind of message to those who believe "it's always in America".
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Barraco Barner will sort this mess out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In all seriousness, here is a link to the story

http://www.bbc.com/news/27709330
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real shock is that it happened in New Brunswick rather than the fleshpots of Toronto or Vancouver.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obvious troll is obvious

Obvious cliché is .. well .. a cliché .. and inaccurate ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obvious cliché is .. well .. a cliché .. and inaccurate ..

Come on. You don't think someone posting a thread about a shooting in CANADA and referencing the US president and gun laws is obviously trolling?

Well, either trolling or stupid.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In all seriousness, here is a link to the story

http://www.bbc.com/news/27709330

Thanks for posting that link at least someone is taking this news story seriously
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on. You don't think someone posting a thread about a shooting in CANADA and referencing the US president and gun laws is obviously trolling?

Well, either trolling or stupid.

Just because someone makes an ill-informed comment, it doesn't automatically make them a troll.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that link at least someone is taking this news story seriously

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that Obama has any say in what goes on in Canada. Canada has its own Prime Minister.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you calling for a coup d'état?
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's 1812 all over again
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Just because someone makes an ill-informed comment, it doesn't automatically make them a troll.

That comment was so monumentally daft that the brain simply concludes it was deliberate.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    That comment was so monumentally daft that the brain simply concludes it was deliberate.

Quite. It's just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, so to speak.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Innocent mistake, I assume.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people need to chill on this forum I was simply making a discussion on this topic and apologies for getting Canada president mixed up
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Canada's gun culture is out of control. Something has to be done, etc, etc.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True, just makes them ignorant.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Assuming the OP is just stupid, not a troll...

Canada really does not have much of a problem with guns at all. They have loads of them, but the murder rate and gun crime rates are very low. What happened is a very rare occurance.

You are getting them mixed up with the USA who do have a massive gun problem, but have no will to do anything about it.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Or, I suppose, it may be a kind of message to those who believe "it's always in America".

Meh. 99% times it's the USA. This is just that pesky other 1%.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Meh. 99% times it's the USA. This is just that pesky other 1%.

Oh wow. Pesky?
  • NilremNilrem Posts: 6,939
    Forum Member
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Assuming the OP is just stupid, not a troll...

Canada really does not have much of a problem with guns at all. They have loads of them, but the murder rate and gun crime rates are very low. What happened is a very rare occurance.

You are getting them mixed up with the USA who do have a massive gun problem, but have no will to do anything about it.

If in doubt read the missing aircraft thread.

Although to be honest i'm still uncertain, given that every news report I've seen clearly states it was in Canada, and it was Royal Canadian Mounted Police shot, which should really be a little clue for the op as the country involved.

Back on topic though, It's extremely rare for such a thing to happen in Canada despite the level of gun ownership, although I think the Canadians do in fact have far better controls on guns than their neighbours, despite probably needing them far more in many parts of the country for defence against wildlife and general hunting (which in some areas is a mainstay of the local food supply due to how far they are from "civilisation").

Hopefully they'll catch the guy soon, and without any more police or civilians getting hurt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nilrem wrote: »
    If in doubt read the missing aircraft thread.

Although to be honest i'm still uncertain, given that every news report I've seen clearly states it was in Canada, and it was Royal Canadian Mounted Police shot, which should really be a little clue for the op as the country involved.

Back on topic though, It's extremely rare for such a thing to happen in Canada despite the level of gun ownership, although I think the Canadians do in fact have far better controls on guns than their neighbours, despite probably needing them far more in many parts of the country for defence against wildlife and general hunting (which in some areas is a mainstay of the local food supply due to how far they are from "civilisation").

Hopefully they'll catch the guy soon, and without any more police or civilians getting hurt.

I don't know about that. Have you ever been to Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Wyoming? A woman in Florida was recently mauled by a black bear in her garage. An eleven year old in Washington State recently shot and killed a cougar that was stalking her little brother on is way home from school. My dad is from California and grew up eating venison my grandpa killed in the Sierra Nevadas, and there is a wolf who roams the streets of my parent's city in Oregon.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canada doesn't have a gun control problem like the US. They're allowed to own them but restrictions on carrying them are pretty tight, whereas in the states it's legal to carry them in many cases. The majority of gun owners are responsible law-abiding citizens, it's the small minority who cause most of the problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they find him yet?