The Digital Spy Apprentice: Series 4!

_NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
Forum Member
✭✭
After three previous successful instalments, the Digital Spy Apprentice is back for a fourth series!

If anyone’s unaware of the format, it pretty much follows that from the main show: 10+ DS members will be chosen to take part and be split into two teams each task, and will be given a task which they must work together to complete. These tasks will vary greatly and have been designed to test a number of your skills for example your creativity skills may be tested when you’re given the exciting opportunity to create a new product to fit the market, or your potential entrepreneurial skills may be put to the test as you’re faced with the daunting task of creating a new idea for the business, or you may be tested on your initiative and ability to find the best bargains on the ended may be tested in the obligatory scavenger hunt task. The aim is to work well in a team, whilst shine as an individual at the same time. After each task, a boardroom will occur where one (or more!) candidate will be fired, right until the end where we end up with our next Digital Spy Apprentice!

If you want to have a look at some of the previously used tasks, look no further than this thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1839884&highlight=

If you want to see how the boardroom works, take a look at one of the classic boardrooms from the last series: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1853213&highlight=

For people who are familiar with the format, things will be running pretty much the same as before except one considerable difference. Previously candidates have used Microsoft Messenger for the team meetings, but we’ve decided due to the fact that Messenger is officially no longer running and incredibly hard to install now, we propose instead that Skype will be used for team meetings as well. Not only will this be easier for everyone to get, but it also works better as you can keep a continuous group chat that everyone stays in despite being offline, making it easier for both contestants and advisors to keep up with the task. So if you’re thinking of playing and don’t have Skype then definitely try and install it, if that doesn’t work than please tell me and we’ll sort something out.

As the winner of last series, I will be playing the role of LAS this series, and I also have two advisors who will be keeping a close look on the tasks and candidates, they will be revealed at the same time as the candidates. All we need now is contestants! If you want to take part then please send me (_NiallDEE_) a PM. Please include in this PM what you would like to be known as throughout the course of the competition (eg your real name) and also a few lines (or paragraphs!) on why you want to take part and what you think you can bring to the competition. If you’re unsure about what to include in this then take a look here for a general idea of what to include!

The start date is not 100% yet but it will probably start sometime between 20th June-1st July, depending on when we get enough sign ups and what time is best for everyone – so please tell me what works best for you!

I hope you all consider taking part, it’s great fun and a very rewarding experience. If you’re worried you can’t take part due to holidays or anything then don’t worry as we’ll try and structure tasks around times when people are away. If you’re not interested in being a contestant then please stick around as a viewer as it’s brilliant from a viewer’s perspective as well :D If you have any questions feel free to ask below!

Comments

• xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    After three previous successful instalments, the Digital Spy Apprentice is back for a fourth series!

If anyone’s unaware of the format, it pretty much follows that from the main show: 10+ DS members will be chosen to take part and be split into two teams each task, and will be given a task which they must work together to complete. These tasks will vary greatly and have been designed to test a number of your skills for example your creativity skills may be tested when you’re given the exciting opportunity to create a new product to fit the market, or your potential entrepreneurial skills may be put to the test as you’re faced with the daunting task of creating a new idea for the business, or you may be tested on your initiative and ability to find the best bargains on the ended may be tested in the obligatory scavenger hunt task. The aim is to work well in a team, whilst shine as an individual at the same time. After each task, a boardroom will occur where one (or more!) candidate will be fired, right until the end where we end up with our next Digital Spy Apprentice!

If you want to have a look at some of the previously used tasks, look no further than this thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1839884&highlight=

If you want to see how the boardroom works, take a look at one of the classic boardrooms from the last series: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1853213&highlight=

For people who are familiar with the format, things will be running pretty much the same as before except one considerable difference. Previously candidates have used Microsoft Messenger for the team meetings, but we’ve decided due to the fact that Messenger is officially no longer running and incredibly hard to install now, we propose instead that Skype will be used for team meetings as well. Not only will this be easier for everyone to get, but it also works better as you can keep a continuous group chat that everyone stays in despite being offline, making it easier for both contestants and advisors to keep up with the task. So if you’re thinking of playing and don’t have Skype then definitely try and install it, if that doesn’t work than please tell me and we’ll sort something out.

As the winner of last series, I will be playing the role of LAS this series, and I also have two advisors who will be keeping a close look on the tasks and candidates, they will be revealed at the same time as the candidates. All we need now is contestants! If you want to take part then please send me (_NiallDEE_) a PM. Please include in this PM what you would like to be known as throughout the course of the competition (eg your real name) and also a few lines (or paragraphs!) on why you want to take part and what you think you can bring to the competition. If you’re unsure about what to include in this then take a look here for a general idea of what to include!

The start date is not 100% yet but it will probably start sometime between 20th June-1st July, depending on when we get enough sign ups and what time is best for everyone – so please tell me what works best for you!

I hope you all consider taking part, it’s great fun and a very rewarding experience. If you’re worried you can’t take part due to holidays or anything then don’t worry as we’ll try and structure tasks around times when people are away. If you’re not interested in being a contestant then please stick around as a viewer as it’s brilliant from a viewer’s perspective as well :D If you have any questions feel free to ask below!

Though i won't take part i will love to be a viewer.
    I look forward to what i am sure will be a brilliant series :)
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I may take part. I haven't quite decided yet, but will definitely make up my mind in the next few days.

Just a thought, in terms of the medium used to have team discussions, would it not be better to let the teams just decide that independently?
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    Though i won't take part i will love to be a viewer.
    I look forward to what i am sure will be a brilliant series :)

Thank you, yes great to get viewers on board as well :D
    I may take part. I haven't quite decided yet, but will definitely make up my mind in the next few days.

Just a thought, in terms of the medium used to have team discussions, would it not be better to let the teams just decide that independently?

Great that you're considering signing up! Yeah there's no imperative for people to use Skype for the team meetings but I just thought it would be easier to have an official programme that the majority of people will have access to, which will make it easier for clarity for both contestants and the advisor's. Also it's probably necessary for the first task as the groups will have to have somewhere to meet as soon as the task begins and there won't be much time to discuss where. Beyond that then it's completely down to people what they want to use, as long as it's okay with the group members and specific advisor who's following you, but all things considered we do think that Skype is the best and most efficient programme to use for team meetings.
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Thank you, yes great to get viewers on board as well :D

Great that you're considering signing up! Yeah there's no imperative for people to use Skype for the team meetings but I just thought it would be easier to have an official programme that the majority of people will have access to, which will make it easier for clarity for both contestants and the advisor's. Also it's probably necessary for the first task as the groups will have to have somewhere to meet as soon as the task begins and there won't be much time to discuss where. Beyond that then it's completely down to people what they want to use, as long as it's okay with the group members and specific advisor who's following you, but all things considered we do think that Skype is the best and most efficient programme to use for team meetings.

I agree :)
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    The timing isn't right for me so I won't be able to take part this year (although if DSA5 happens then I'm probably in!), but I will be an avid viewer! I've been involved in every (decent) apprentice game in some capacity - be it advisor or candidate - since the first DSA way back in 2011(?), so it will be strange just sitting by and watching this time around.
    Forum Member
    Just out of curiosity, do people think there should be a limit to the number of times people are allowed to take part, or should it just be unlimited? I think that previous winners at least shouldn't take part again.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I may consider. The only thing that worries me is that it looks great but I'm really not into as much as other candidates would be, I only really did Celebrity Apprentice as a favor to Mitch.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The past 3 years in which this has ran have been impeccable and have no doubts that this year will be up to the same standard with Niall at the fort!

I encourage everybody to sign up as it is a pretty fantastic test of ability, and is one hell of a fun rollercoaster ride from my collected past experiences, at least. :D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmaaao the link to the boardroom.
    Louise wrote:
    It has come to my attention that one member of this team seems to think that when they're sending their evaluations that they're evaluating me and what they think I'm doing wrong.

One of my all time favourite DSA moments!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niall when/how will we know when the candidates and advisers are being announced?
    Forum Member
    Lmaaao the link to the boardroom.

One of my all time favourite DSA moments!! :D

Ooh, I remember that! That was horrible, I thought I was going for a first and being fired from the winning team! :o

Still, I sent Louise a message to explain myself and talk about how I saw things, and I think that she and I forged an understanding after that. The next two weeks people tried to turn on me in the boardroom, and I think she completely saw through it and was generally very fair. It took me a while to realise it, but she was actually a really fantastic person to run the game. I have no doubt Niall will be just as good. :)
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    What happened?!
    Forum Member
    What happened?!

I had a reputation for being overly negative. It's just how I am, I tend to have quite high standards of people and be quite critical if things aren't done at the time that they are supposed to be done, or to the right standard. I don't think I'm that negative, I'm just pretty straight-talking and blunt if I'm not happy with something and I'm not very tactful; sometimes people take that the wrong way (from the looks of it, people had the same issue with you on Celebrity Apprentice.) Anyway, some of the other candidates thought I was just complaining about everything and I was told off for it in the boardroom, even though the team won. I think after a bit, people got to see the real George, as by the last few tasks I was getting on with most people, and I came fifth in the end (went out just before the interviews).

You should do DSA4, it's fun! :D
    Forum Member
    I am doing it (sorry if im not meant to say Niall!)

I don't think i made enemies with people, i just argued with Natalie, Queenie and Tomi on three seaparate occasions, im not sure i was much worse than the others!
    Forum Member
    I am doing it (sorry if im not meant to say Niall!)

I don't think i made enemies with people, i just argued with Natalie, Queenie and Tomi on three seaparate occasions, im not sure i was much worse than the others!

In fairness, I don't think there were that many people who had issues with me. There were a couple of people who really took exception quite early on for no specific reason that I could see, and if you have a few people who don't like you it affects your relationship with the group generally. As time went on, some of those who had issues with me got knocked out, and that helped me get on with the others. I think by the end, I got on with most people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niall when/how will we know when the candidates and advisers are being announced?

They'll all be announced in the launch show - I can't actually give a definitive date for that yet as it depends entirely on when we fill up the spaces, so sorry about that but I'll let you all know as soon as I've decided - it should be soon!
    Forum Member
    I already know who one of the advisors is - but I'm not telling! ;-)
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The past 3 years in which this has ran have been impeccable and have no doubts that this year will be up to the same standard with Niall at the fort!

I encourage everybody to sign up as it is a pretty fantastic test of ability, and is one hell of a fun rollercoaster ride from my collected past experiences, at least. :D

I agree. ;-)
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news about the launch date for this? :)
    Forum Member
    Any news about the launch date for this? :)

Are you doing it this year, Naruto? I was sad to see you go first last year - you didn't deserve it, you were just really unlucky to be in the boardroom against David (who everyone had said was a great PM) and me, when I'd fallen out with my team and been backed up by the advisors in the boardroom, so we were never going to go. You were definitely stronger than some of the others, it would be good to see how you do in DSA4.
    Forum Member
    I am really excited for this! When is it starting though?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I think I should say hi to you all before you see my name (if I get cast) on the list of candidates. I'll be looking forward to playing with you !
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you doing it this year, Naruto? I was sad to see you go first last year - you didn't deserve it, you were just really unlucky to be in the boardroom against David (who everyone had said was a great PM) and me, when I'd fallen out with my team and been backed up by the advisors in the boardroom, so we were never going to go. You were definitely stronger than some of the others, it would be good to see how you do in DSA4.

Ahh thanks. Not sure if supposed to say if i am doing it, but i have applied. :) I just hope for a good time for my third series of DSA, since i love the concept of The Apprentice.
    Forum Member
    Ahh thanks. Not sure if supposed to say if i am doing it, but i have applied. :) I just hope for a good time for my third series of DSA, since i love the concept of The Apprentice.

What happened to you on Virtual Apprentice anyway? You were a fantastic project manager on the first task, I liked the airline meal we created and I thought you'd be a real threat for the win, but then you disappeared... not that I'm complaining, it probably meant that I got further :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As lots of people are asking, I've decided to try and confirm a start date which is at the moment looking to be the candidate reveal and launch show on the evening of Sunday 29th June with the first task starting on the afternoon of Monday 30th June. If this will be a problem for anyone then please let me know :)