Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cute chick wrote: »
    I had the biggest crush ever on him in the early 80s! He was gorgeous then, and is still gorgeous now judging by the latest photos I've seen of him ;):)

I see mentions of Nigel Harman in this thread also ;):o:cool::D;):)

nice to see another nigel fan here.:rolleyes:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smile371 wrote: »
    I love these threads, and actually think i prefer reading the nice stories more than the nasty (Don't get me wrong, it's always good to have some gossip! :p)

However, my personal favourite was Guy Burnett (Craig), i liked him before i'd met him, but he spent ages talking to the fans and signing things as well, and you could tell he was really shy but it didn't stop him from spending ages with everyone.

Oh I almost forgot I met him! He is really shy - which I thought was weird for a football/actor lad. I must admit even I swooned a bit with him and celebrity does not phase me at all. He is adorable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a girl and love F1, though I'm a Schumacher fan, absoulutely thrilled that he is returning.:D

brilliant, i dont believe for minute that schumacher is the stig:rolleyes: and why cant women drive in the F1 with the guys its not very fair.:(

kevin kennedy was rude to me in 2004 when i went to see the rocky horror picture show ( at the theatre i now work at) and i asked him to sign my programme but that was the time he was still on the drink 18 months later i ended up working with him for 6 weeks on chitty chitty bang bang and he was lovely and apologised to me for behaving like a t*** is the word he used.

joe magann was on guys and dolls with nigel harman and joe is just the nicest person he was in a show down here last year and i wasnt working but had tickets to see the show so when i went around to stage door to say hi to him he told me he had been waiting to see me all week he was so happy to see me, lol him and his wife both gave me a hug.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I have met David Jason - it was in a bar after a work assignment - and he was lovely, really nice and friendly. However he is a very private person and actually quite shy which can sometimes come over as rudeness.
    Yeah, he is shy.

One of my family saw David out and about one day. David smiled back and nodded when he was smiled at. :)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I wonder what we would think if everybody who met us judged us purely on how we acted on one occasion when we might have been having a really bad day and then posted it up on a forum just to let others know how horrible we really were!

I often wonder why so many people crave celebrity and fame. I'd hate it.

That still doesn't warrant them to be rude to others who had nothing to do with their bad day as some had experienced, plus there are plenty of posts where posters have judged some celebs to be lovely on the one occasion. But regardless of how known a person is or not, we all know that the first impression you give is one that you might be known for, especially on occasions where they are somewhere as part of their job/skill. I know it's not the same but I've been present in work situations where I'd rather not be and just had to literally grin and bear it for the time being!

I guess people crave celebrity and fame because of the big money it can bring.
    When I met my idol (Morten Harket) a few years back, I was terrified. His pictures were all over my walls in my bedroom as a teen and when you meet your idol face-to-face, it can make you happy or make you sad. I'm happy to report that Morten was an utter gentleman, signed a book of mine (using my pen) and posed for a picture with me. I was in a state of shock for a few days because he spent a few moments of his precious time with me.

Awwwhh. That's a lovely story. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Okay, we have a winner of the FM I'm now most jealous of - one of my all time musical heroes, missed meeting him by a couple of minutes when I went to a festival in Milton Keynes many moons ago

One of my most treasured memories is meeting Joe Strummer, after the Clash concert at the Manchester Apollo in January 1980. He was absolutely lovely, a real gentleman, just so unbelievably nice.

There were a number of us waiting outside the theatre afterwards for autographs, and I'd managed to get everyone's autograph except Mick's, as Mick hadn't yet appeared. Everyone was waiting ages, it seemed, and there was no sign of him. Most fans gave up waiting and drifted off - but Mick was my hero, and I really wanted his autograph, so I hung around.

Then I saw Joe standing on his own, and I suddenly found myself walking up to him, and asking him if he knew how long Mick would be! Goodness knows where I got the courage from! He started chatting away to me, then told me wait there, and disappeared off.

A few minutes later, there was a bit of a hullabaloo as Mick suddenly appeared near the tour bus, and Joe started waving at me and calling me to come over and get Mick's autograph! I was just so overwhelmed, what a lovely thing to do for a star-struck fan

I'd heard stories from various people that The Clash really were lovely to their fans - I think that's at least partly why so many people love them to this day. They gave loyalty to their fans, and so they received it back

PS Agent Krycek - I am so envious of you (in a nice way!) for having met the Manics! I was a HUGE Manics fan in the early 90s, and went to see them live loads of times. But I never dared meet them - I'd heard they were lovely people, and I really wanted to meet them - but I was always scared that I'd have too high expectations of meeting my heroes, having had the standard set by Joe Strummer, so I never did meet the Manics.

I really wish I had now - I'm sure it would have been beyond amazing to have met Richey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met loads of famous people; mostly racing drivers though.

Good:

Carol Vorderman - friendly and posed for photos.

Dannii Minogue - very warm, friendly and happy to give autographs and pose for photos.

Sir Richard Branson - again, very friendly, chatty, loved the attention.

Leo Sayer - a great guy, a real laugh and very chirpy and chatty.

George Osbourne - shook hands, spoke to him briefly.

John Prescott - loud but friendly in tone.

John Barnes - very nice and friendly, signed autographs etc.

Gordon Ramsey - in a rush but signed a few autographs and apologised that he had to dash off.

David Ginola - charming

Michael Carrick - was nice to me, called me 'mate' and signed for me.

Alpay Özalan - I was serving him in M&S when on work-experience. I asked if he'd sign a scrap of paper for me and he said "I bring you picture later." I spent the rest of the afternoon waiting and hoping he'd come back but he didn't.
    The next day when I came in one of my colleagues presented me with a signed picture that apparently his wife had brought in the previous evening. :eek:

Bad:

Murray Walker - very bigheaded and arrogant. Frequently ignores fans. Not impressed at all.

Racing Drivers (past and present):

I've met most past and present F1 drivers on multiple occasions, so rather than mention them all I'll focus on some of the more prominent names.

Good:

Lewis Hamilton - don't like him as a driver but a very good person to fans.

Sir Jackie Stewart / Sir Stirling Moss / Nigel Mansell / Sir Jack Brabham / Martin Brundle / Mark Blundell - all good to fans.

Bad:

Kimi Raikkonen - idiot, very rude.
    Damon Hill - extremely moody.
    Robert Kubica - miserable git.

Any other drivers you'd like to know about then just ask. :D

You lucky person! :)

Have you met Fernando Alonso? If so.. please tell me he's nice! :D He's practically my idol so I really hope he's nice.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miss_chaos wrote: »

Ben Shepherd at a MIchael Buble Magic radio event was friendly but his wife was not. She didn't want us to have photo taken with him. Ben happily posed for photo with us.

I've met loads of others who have all been friendly.

she is supposed to be a cow. a friend of mine is good friends with Ben's best mate & apparently no one can stand her
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met a few over the years:

Frank Oz: Lovely man, very funny, happy to talk about Kermie and Miss Piggy!

Ralf Schumacher: Got a kiss on the cheek from him when I won a raffle prize in the Williams pre-Canadian GP bash

Michael Schumacher: Much more relaxed when speaking in German - and obviously quite amusing judging by the laughs he raised

Elizabeth Taylor: Very gracious, amazing eyes

Kylie: Tiny! I was about to ask her if her parents were meeting her at the airport as I thought she was an unaccompanied minor :o

Richard Branson: Very funny, would stop and have a chat, waited for and lifted his own bags from the baggage carousel

Madonna: Small, wiry and completely silent

Shane Warne: A bit loud, but bought me a drink!

Sechan Tendulkar: Very quiet, but chatty with his team members

Boris Becker: Very tall and much MUCH better looking in real life. Despite my drunken friend, was very charming

Some Home and Away Z-lister: Sadly not appearing in pantomime the Christmas I saw him as he had no work permit. Declared that he was famous so didn't need one. Was on next flight home
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loller wrote: »
    have a look at http://www.eyebrowmagazine.com/celebrity-whip for loads of celeb gossip on who is nice and who isn't (first few pics are NSFW so be careful).

I used to work at atit productions. The most vile despicable creatures were Liberty X. There was an old caretaker who used to work in the building where they filmed. He was about eighty and they used to come in and see how much they could make him do before he would say no to something (which, of course, he never did). it was like watching your grandfather having the mick taken out of him. It was SO mean. They used to whisper (Jessica and Michelle, yes YOU) 'oh ma gad that stupid idiot is all over us let's see if we can get him to do as much as we can for us'. He could barely walk!

http://www.eyebrowmagazine.com for more.
    x

Pity no-one had told Liberty X to be nice to people on the way up because you meet them again on the way down!!!
  • DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago saw Billy Connelly in a pub and my friend said 'Howz it gaun' Big Yin?'

The reply was 'F... off.'

However that isn't quite the end of the story because he had obviously though about it and came over to speak to us.
    He apologised, bought us a drink and was then really friendly and actually great company.

It did make me think that someone like that can never really have any time off in public and I wouldn't ever make comment to anyone I ever saw 'out and about' again.
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Audrey77 wrote: »
    Met Johnathan Rhys Meyers in NY last year, he was sitting next to us in a restaurant and we got chatting. He was very nice, very sexy, very down-to-earth and did I say very sexy......

Aww, lucky! i'd love to meet him! :D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Years ago saw Billy Connelly in a pub and my friend said 'Howz it gaun' Big Yin?'

The reply was 'F... off.'

However that isn't quite the end of the story because he had obviously though about it and came over to speak to us.
    He apologised, bought us a drink and was then really friendly and actually great company.

It did make me think that someone like that can never really have any time off in public and I wouldn't ever make comment to anyone I ever saw 'out and about' again.

It would make my day to be told to 'F... off' by The Big Yin! I'd be disappointed if he didn't.
  • FrangipangeFrangipange Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Smint wrote: »

OMG, am totally jealous! I love Warney!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike "Squeaky" McClean.

Complete git.

So was his Mrs ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    I've met a few over the years:

Frank Oz: Lovely man, very funny, happy to talk about Kermie and Miss Piggy!

Ralf Schumacher: Got a kiss on the cheek from him when I won a raffle prize in the Williams pre-Canadian GP bash

Michael Schumacher: Much more relaxed when speaking in German - and obviously quite amusing judging by the laughs he raised

Elizabeth Taylor: Very gracious, amazing eyes

Kylie: Tiny! I was about to ask her if her parents were meeting her at the airport as I thought she was an unaccompanied minor :o

Richard Branson: Very funny, would stop and have a chat, waited for and lifted his own bags from the baggage carousel

Madonna: Small, wiry and completely silent

Sechan Tendulkar: Very quiet, but chatty with his team members

Boris Becker: Very tall and much MUCH better looking in real life. Despite my drunken friend, was very charming

Some Home and Away Z-lister: Sadly not appearing in pantomime the Christmas I saw him as he had no work permit. Declared that he was famous so didn't need one. Was on next flight home
    OhBless:D:D

Mika-
    Bumped into him at Spice Girls concert a few yrs back at the O2
    Very chatty and Happy to spend a few mins chatting to my daughter...

Freddie Starr-
    In 2000 After being dragged on stage and generally humilitated (in a nice way:)) I was invited (by one of his aides) to spend the night as a guest of Freddy...I declined..I was 4 months preggers at the time (not that I would have anyway:p)

Not a celeb meeting but as theres a few Manic fans worth a mention-
    I'm not a huge Manic fan and despite living a few miles from them couldnt identify any of them if i tried (I;m more your cheesy pop sorta gal:D:o) however... a few years ago...I was on a training course with my job chatting to another employee she was saying about her daughters wedding the previous Saturday, proudly showing off some pics etc then said her new son in law was in a band ...Manic street preachers...oh bless her so down to earth...they were just starting to have a few hits...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loller wrote: »
    Heather graham nice and s e x obsessed, apparently. Rang my mate's house for dirty convos on the phone at all hours!

Blimey. Not got her number have you? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Tim Minchin (the aussie grand piano playing comedian) - was lovely. And very good looking in person too ;) Delightful to chat too :)

All of Cage the Elephant - after their gig at leeds cockpit. I officially love matt schultz. He's as weird as you get but he seems lovely :) and gives good hugs. He's gorgeous as well :P his girlfriend is a lucky girl :)

Noel Fielding & Julian Barratt - chatted to briefly at the mighty boosh book signing were both lovely :)

Stephen Fry - I want him as my grandad. Hes amazing. and lovelly. End of ;)

The Not so nice:

Andy Parsons off mock the week - Rude git enough said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a few met over the years....hardly a list...but

Cheryl Baker - BITCH comes to mind......she was still mouthing off Jay **** Aston

Su Pollard - p**ed as a newt on large gind but actually quite funny

Larry Grayson - lovely, so lovely.....

Mollie Sugden - as Larry...lovely

John Inman - the word queen comes to mind, he was wearing a neck scarf I seem to recall

Pet Shop Boys - queens, lovely though...

Bananarama - two drunken lushes at their drama album promo launch...

Sonia (PWL) - oh this was back in 1989/90 and all i recall is ginger hair and an annoying scouse accent like cilla on smack...she smiled alot (aka dawn french piss take)
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Going back a few years but....
    TOM BAKER - as eccentric as he appears on TV!
    THE NOLAN SISTERS - Not as Angelic as they seem (but a bloody good laugh!)
    SU POLLARD - Scattier than Peggy!
    BUCKS FIZZ - really nice
    BOB MONKHOUSE - a bit morose
    PEGGY MOUNT - What a laugh!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEGGY MOUNT!!!!!

Brilliant george and the dragon clip on youtube
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I can't really remember any bad celebs I've met. 99% of celebs I have met I've actively gone out of my way to go and see them and I haven't had a bad expierence with my fave celebs

Nice celebs who I've met include:

Kiether Sutherland
    Westlife
    David Beckham
    Lee Evans
    Ricky Ponting & Brett Lee - (that was only last week in Leeds during the Headingley Ashes test. I very nearly fell apart when I met Ricky I <3 him)
    Westlife
    Simon Cowell
    Girls Aloud
    John Terry
    Frank Lampard

Aside from Westlife who I've met 328479 times
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Noel Fielding & Julian Barratt - chatted to briefly at the mighty boosh book signing were both lovely :)

They really are! Didn't get the chance to talk to Julian, he just waved and smiled at me, but Noel pulled me in for a huge hug and a kiss :o Dave Brown is also an absolute hunny, and Rich Fulcher is hilarious but actually very sweet.

And I am so jealous about Stephen Fry!! Adore him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I've put all the famous people I met up here but there is one new edition to add ...

I guess she's not really that famous but I met Julia Bradbury in June. She's one of those people I idolise, I've no idea why really, so anyway I heard she was at Birmingham NEC giving talks as part of a bigger exhibition one weekend. I literally thought I'd see her for about five minutes, might have a chat and a photo if lucky. What actually happened was we (friends and I) saw her, she was really excited to see us. She knew us all because she'd actually been reading our facebook appreciation group. It was all a bit mental. It would be no exageration to say we spent the best part of the day just chatting with her and her sister. Her parents made an appearance too. All she was doing between talks was signing stuff for public so when it was quiet she'd just sit and chat to us. She's so fantastic, has the dirtiest laugh and a wicked sense of humour. Gave us all hugs and kisses when we left her (eventually!) and was so excited that our little group of fans has all effectively met and become mates because of her.

Sorry for the big rant, didn't want to bore you all. Just have big love for the Bradbury! x
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JuneM wrote: »
    I can't really remember any bad celebs I've met. 99% of celebs I have met I've actively gone out of my way to go and see them and I haven't had a bad expierence with my fave celebs

Nice celebs who I've met include:

Kiether Sutherland
    Westlife
    David Beckham
    Lee Evans
    Ricky Ponting & Brett Lee - (that was only last week in Leeds during the Headingley Ashes test. I very nearly fell apart when I met Ricky I <3 him)
    Westlife
    Simon Cowell
    Girls Aloud
    John Terry
    Frank Lampard

Aside from Westlife who I've met 328479 times

How do you get to meet all these people??? Maybe I've just led a very sheltered life!!