Options

is there any point :(

BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
Forum Member
✭✭✭
basically ive got to go to court because the person who attacked me has pleaded not guilty, now the only witness is a close friend of mine and the police have more or less said because she isnt neutral its our word against his [there is no cctv of the event,however a bus driver who saw his attitude and violence towards the bus; when he wouldnt let him on has come forward] so now im thinking ive got to go all the way to court for them just to rule it as no evidence :cry: obviously im stressed enough with being attacked but with the person to get away with it will make it much worse :cry:
i dont know wether to call it off, either way its lose lose for me, i go and he gets let off or i dont go and he gets let off anyway

Comments

• Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go!
    If you don't you may regret it.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BZR wrote: »
    basically ive got to go to court because the person who attacked me has pleaded not guilty, now the only witness is a close friend of mine and the police have more or less said because she isnt neutral its our word against his [there is no cctv of the event,however a bus driver who saw his attitude and violence towards the bus; when he wouldnt let him on has come forward] so now im thinking ive got to go all the way to court for them just to rule it as no evidence :cry: obviously im stressed enough with being attacked but with the person to get away with it will make it much worse :cry:
    i dont know wether to call it off, either way its lose lose for me, i go and he gets let off or i dont go and he gets let off anyway

Sorry to hear about your attack, hope your feeling better. I wouldn't let them get away with it, no way. If you don't persue it, it could happen to someone else if they think they will get a way with it.
    Good luck
  • Options
    NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I'd say it is best to go. The prosecution service wouldn’t let it go to court if they didn’t think there was enough evidence in the first place.

If the idiot who attacked you does get let off by the judge then at least you know you have done all you can to try and get justice for yourself and hopefully prevent the same thing from happening to others. If you walk away now you may end up regretting it later or even sending a message to the guy who did it that nothing will ever happen to him so he can continue attacking whoever he likes.

I know it is hard but you have come so far already by reporting the incident and making your statement, my advice would be to see it through to the end