The Ratings Thread (Part 45)

1139140141142143145»

Comments

• NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    More about BBC2 HD at

www.bbc.co.uk/ariel

Bit odd of them to say those new programmes will be available for the first time in HD, when they would no doubt have been simulcast on BBC HD anyway.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Rubbish. 'Aylesbury' cost a fraction of 'Penguins' and beat it head to head. An excellent result for ITV.
    So should the BBC stop making expensive, acclaimed, nature documentaries in favour of cheaper documentaries to chase ratings?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Bit odd of them to say those new programmes will be available for the first time in HD, when they would no doubt have been simulcast on BBC HD anyway.

I thought for some time now all BBC programmes have been delivered in HD ?
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    So should the BBC stop making expensive, acclaimed, nature documentaries in favour of cheaper documentaries to chase ratings?

They could give the pengiuns a rest for a while. Give some of the ugly animals a go.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    They could give the pengiuns a rest for a while. Give some of the ugly animals a go.

I think the BBC were chasing ratings when they picked penguins. Awww. They're so cute.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Some new programme trailers from Channel 5:

CSI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq0-Xc3UV3g
    Beat the Ancestors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtJVRSFvPf4
    Home & Away 2013: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us3zmnjVFWk

Interesting how they are ramping up the promo for H&A just lately. That's not a bad trailer. I just wish the show would return to the more dramatic storylines of old. Numbers haven't been great lately and the show current lacks the support of a sponsor.

Channel 5 seem to make some good promos for their shows, especially they make CSI look good, which it is. I'm looking forward to its return on the 26th.

Home and Away isn't too bad. I think moving it to 1.15pm was a bad move. Although the programme still pulls in likely over a million each day with all its broadcasts.

If you ask me 3 broadcasts of the same episode over a day (not even including +1) is a bit much.

What figures does it pull in at 1.15pm (C5), 3.00pm (5*), 6.00pm (C5) and 6.30pm (5*) on average?
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding ITV making yet another documentary about a prison. That's the nature of television today. Pratically all successful TV programmes lead to variations on a theme. That's why they so many bloody house-buying programmes on BBC daytime.

Look at all the variations of Come Dine With Me that are spread across the channels. BBC1 followed on the success of Strictly with a string of dance-based light entertainment formats. And coming soon - a period drama about gynaecologists on ITV and a present day drama starring Eve Myles as a midwife on BBC1 - both original ideas and not remotely inspired by the success of Call The Midwife.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And currently on BBC1, Antiques Roadtrip, which is Bargain Hunt in a car.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    . And coming soon - a period drama about gynaecologists on ITV and a present day drama starring Eve Myles as a midwife on BBC1

:confused:I think you'll find 'Frankie' is a district nurse and not a midwife and the writer Lucy Gannon began writing it in 2011 before CTM even aired.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,507
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=64347041#post64347041
    This discussion has been closed.