Wanted Down Under

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
Forum Member
I wish someone would tell these people that they don't have to go to Australia to the beach and surf!:confused:

They can go to Cornwall or the Gower in Wales!:)

Comments

• Tony_BrooksTony_Brooks Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Revival if the century/.

I wish that they would properly inform people that moving to Australia is not the end to all their problems, will not give them more time together and isn't cheaper than the UK.

If they think that it is a land of milk and honey where UK qualifications will be welcomed with open arms, days will be spent on the beach - too hot and sunny - time together will be higher quality and the future will be better for the kids, then they really haven't done any background work. Oh and the NHS doesn't exist there either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Probably the most annoying woman ever on this program.

Hope they move so I never have to worry about hearing her whining voice again.
  • RacheletteRachelette Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chalkie99 wrote: »

That voice could shatter glass!
  • tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This woman is really winding me up

Nice of her to think its fair to sacrifice her husbands career that he's obviously proud of
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tco200 wrote: »
    This woman is really winding me up

Nice of her to think its fair to sacrifice her husbands career that he's obviously proud of

Not to mention insulting the poor owner of the 3rd property!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The house wasn't even that old fashioned it just had an old setee in it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's so unrealistic. I think she'll be sorely disappointed lady.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They must be bonkers to leave their lovely families behind...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somehow she just came across as utterly selfish through the whole thing

She mentioned it would be hard to leave friends but nothing about the grandparents missing their grandchildren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, they decided to wait til the kids are older before leaving.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcwanteddownunder
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did not know it was back well guess this is when iplayer comes in handy and will put the others in planner.
  • Tony_BrooksTony_Brooks Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Clueless on the whole about what it really means to move to another country. More time with the family? NO. Finish school at 3pm perhaps but what time do you start? Not 9am for sure!

Too hot to be on the beach after about 0800 was our experience so going there after work is doubtful.

More expensive housing - but more for your money - but expensive to live generally. Aussie wine here at £6 per bottle would be around £10 there. Fuel about the same price and you tend to use more of it. Healthcare......

We stayed on the Gold Coast for five weeks last year in a residential street and didn't see a neighbour because they travel everywhere in the car. This show is appalling in my view.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there have been other threads about this show here before and we have discussed it at length, but to reiterate whats already been said, this show is appalling and just gives lonely housewifes something to dream about while watching the show.

Personally I think Cornwall is much better and I was thinking the other day while watching James May's Toy Stories that the Isle of Man isnt half bad either.
  • OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it wasn't just me who found that woman annoying - her voice was piercing

I always think it is a shame when peope get so material and are seduced by furniture and walk in wardrobes etc
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachelette wrote: »
    Apparently, they decided to wait til the kids are older before leaving.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcwanteddownunder

Of course they did lol
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I migrated to Australia with my family many years ago, it was either that or become an 'orphan'. Whilst I enjoyed the novelty of living in a new country the harsh reality soon kicks in. It takes a long time to form new friendships (with people you have very little in common with) so you end up spending far too much time with your family and it becomes very claustraphobic. Few migrants can afford to live near the city and the beach, but guess what, like the UK you still have to do all the mundane things you do here, the space-time continuum doesn't miraculously change and give you more hours in the day because you are living somewhere different. In my family's case it ended up with divorces, not being able to come home because of depriving kids of one parent and being financially worse off. And yes, you can do ALL those fabled things in the beautiful UK - I bet none of the participants have travelled further than their next town. I have since travelled and lived in many other countries, Australia is my least favourite.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people think they HAVE to be stuck in the house in Autumn and Winter?
    It's a self-imposed restriction by the dull and unimaginitive.

It's often dreary and rainy in Australia too, by the way.
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Abolutely, In Australia you spend more time indoors because of the heat, those that complain about how cold Britian is are always the first to complain about the heat in Australia when the novelty wears off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When it's pouring with rain it is difficult to go out with kids and for them to play outdoors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mum and son are really lovely. I hope everything works out for them.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's episode is a bit different than usual, in that there is no conflict of interest between the family members.
    The single mother and her teenage son are both keen to emigrate.

It makes for rather dull tv, unfortunately. I'll probably
    switch off and get on with doing something worthwhile in a minute.

^_^
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    I missed the beginning, but stayed with it because they seemed such a lovely pair.
    There's a FB update - such a good idea, but I'll spoiler it incase anyone hasn't watched yet.
    After returning from their trial week, Tanya quickly put plans in to place for her and Jordan to move to Australia for good. The pair moved to Perth, Western Australia in July 2013, and Tanya has recently bought her own home down under. Jordan has settled into school well and has even reared three of his own chickens. The pair have also rescued a dog called Fudge. Watch out for a Wanted Down Under Revisited episode featuring Tanya and Jordan in February 2015.
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^^
    Thanks for that, I looked on BBC site but couldnt find an update
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chalkie99 wrote: »

I couldn't even get past the introduction on yesterday's show. Her voice was going to grate a lot - so I deleted.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, after the rave reviews of yesterdays show, thought I'd try iplayer and watch this but her treacly accent got under the skin and had to abandon the idea.
    Interestingly, 'binman' wasn't on the wanted list in the opening credits so that's my dreams shattered :D