Female cleaner in Gent's loo - men ordered out!!!

bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I needed a wee after shopping, and before returning to my car, so I went into the nearby public loo, only to find a female cleaner inside, who told me I had to find somewhere else. I asked her why a bloke wasn't cleaning, only to be told he was on annual leave. Was bursting, but had to wait till I got home.

Not sure this is really on to be honest. Can't they either leave it until the premises are locked at nightfall, or just put up with guy's having a wee. On the continent, there is very often a female attendant taking money off the men, whilst still sitting there in full view of pee taking :o

Thoughts ?

Comments

• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm less bashful than you.......if the female cleaner is in I still have a wee but might go in a cubicle.......:D

edit.......oh, misunderstood......I thought it was you who pulled out because she was there.......:p
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly common practice - i've seen this happening for years if a female cleaner is on duty.

It's fine to wonder why they can't leave it until the premises is locked, but who would want to use a public toilet that was only cleaned once a day ?
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Thoughts ?

That you should have said you were bosting for a piss and just gone for one.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Happens the other way around as well - unless cleaners travel in pairs then someone has to be, to coin a phrase, inconvenienced. You should have just popped into the ladies.
  • KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts ?

Go in the other bathroom?

As long there are stalls there, there shouldn't be much of an issue.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have just had a pee regardless. What's she going to do, call the Toilet Police?!?
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    So I needed a wee after shopping, and before returning to my car, so I went into the nearby public loo, only to find a female cleaner inside, who told me I had to find somewhere else. I asked her why a bloke wasn't cleaning, only to be told he was on annual leave. Was bursting, but had to wait till I got home.

Not sure this is really on to be honest. Can't they either leave it until the premises are locked at nightfall, or just put up with guy's having a wee. On the continent, there is very often a female attendant taking money off the men, whilst still sitting there in full view of pee taking :o

Thoughts ?

Use the disabled toilets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    I would have just had a pee regardless. What's she going to do, call the Toilet Police?!?

probably just take a photo and put it on the internet.....
  • ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's common to see female cleaners in the gents toilets in my company.

I just go in and pee. They obviously don't mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Happens the other way around as well - unless cleaners travel in pairs then someone has to be, to coin a phrase, inconvenienced. You should have just popped into the ladies.

the public toilets I use most, every day really, are in Regents Park and recently they only have a male cleaner who 'does' the Ladies as well

perhaps I'm old-fashioned but expect the ladies might have more of a problem with a man in their bogs than we have with a woman in ours.......
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Use the disabled toilets.

Yep, something i've also done in the past.

It's always weirdly amusing when going in to some of the disabled loos because some of them are almost like the size of a small bedsit :)
  • Noel CanardNoel Canard Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if there's ever been male cleaners in female toilets?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yes, I've come across it a few times. They are always very, very uncomfortable :)

But usually, if you can't go in they do tell you to use the disabled loo.

ETA: I just realised that I sound like a connoisseur of public bogs.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »

Whats she going to do?
    Off the top of my head, if you pissed her off enough she could call the toilet police and accuse you of deliberately flashing your knob at her when asked to leave. Who do you think they will believe?
    I think she held all the cards if you where to get arsey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely to goodness anyone who has ever used a motorway service station loo has seen the signs up saying that cleaners may be male or female. Assuming that they don't insist on cleaning the very cubicle you are sitting in, who cares?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    You should have just pissed.
  • CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know what the problem is.
    I just whip it out and get on with my business.
    Often the lady is so impressed with my big boy she asks to join in.
    Happy days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know what the problem is.
    I just whip it out and get on with my business.
    Often the lady is so impressed with my big boy she asks to join in.
    Happy days.

You mean that when you wee, cleaning ladies want to wee with you? :confused:
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where I used to work we g had a couple of male cleaners, youngish lads and the situation was reversed; they shoood the women out and hung a sign on the door! Just the same really
  • Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all foreigners anyway
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Couldn't you have just walked straight past her and into a cubicle? I've done it if a man is cleaning in the ladies. If you were bursting, you should have just gone and done your business.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Seth1 wrote: »
    They're all foreigners anyway

Well firstly, they aren't ALL foreigners are they if you're being honest and secondly, if they were what would it have anything to do with it?
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Public toilets would be minging if they were only cleaned at the end of the day.

I wonder if they shoo the men out to keep the cleaner safe? Inasuch that they may feel at risk of being flashed by men while working? Not saying that this would necessarily happen but I could see it being done this way as a safeguarding issue, especially if they're not busy toilets or have quiet periods, and there's a chance the female cleaner could be in there alone with one man.

For the people asking about men in women's toilets, as other posters have said, yes they do happen and quite frequently. In large places like motorway services I find they usually close off one row of cubicles while allowing the women to use the other side then switch. In smaller places they temporarily close them down, either for convenience or again, safeguarding the worker.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been in a few loos that have had a 'male cleaner in attendance' sign on the door. I don't give a damn as I'm in a cubicle. I know some places will ask you to remain outside til it's been cleaned though.

At the weekends at work when the cleaner isn't in, we have to do it, and if it's my turn I'll open the door to the gents and call out that I'm there, but if there's a reply, I'll just wait a few mins.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Thoughts ?

"OMG! First World Problems"

Etc.