Options

Here we go again - That will teach ISIS...

TerryallgoldTerryallgold Posts: 1,208
Forum Member
✭✭✭
NOT

We are bragging on the bbc news that a tornado has took out a 4X4 with a few IS fighters in it. WOW I bet they are quaking in their boots. Have our leaders not learned anything from Iraq and Afghanistan? The enemy send in a suicide bomber cost £200 if that and usually they take out high value targets or scoring massive proganda especially when the Suicide bomber takes out a high ranking officer. We send in high tech jets and helicopters costing millions, flying them from Cyprus to Iraq and take out a worthless 4X4 with a few low ranking soldiers.

I guess I already know who will win this war

Comments

• Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOT

We are bragging on the bbc news that a tornado has took out a 4X4 with a few IS fighters in it. WOW I bet they are quaking in their boots. Have our leaders not learned anything from Iraq and Afghanistan? The enemy send in a suicide bomber cost £200 if that and usually they take out high value targets or scoring massive proganda especially when the Suicide bomber takes out a high ranking officer. We send in high tech jets and helicopters costing millions, flying them from Cyprus to Iraq and take out a worthless 4X4 with a few low ranking soldiers.

The good money is on the side that can afford to send in high tech jets and helicopters costing millions, flying them from Cyprus to Iraq and take out a worthless 4X4 with a few low ranking soldiers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »
    The good money is on the side that can afford to send in high tech jets and helicopters costing millions, flying them from Cyprus to Iraq and take out a worthless 4X4 with a few low ranking soldiers.
    Without any doubt at all.

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest otherwise considering the weapons we have at our disposal and the countries in the region that are supporting the fight against IS.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on your definition of 'winning'. It certainly doesn't feel like we won the last Iraq War.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ideologically based asymmetric warfare doesn't work like a sporting competition leading to a winner and a loser.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    NOT

The weaponry is there to be used, they're not exhibition pieces but yeah, I suppose they could have ignored those guys and left them to get on with their murderous business.

Would that have pleased you more?
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see what the OP is saying though.........we use a multi million pound jet with a million pound pilot and hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of weaponry and if ISIS spread out and don't cluster together the most they will do is take out a car with a couple of people in it

It does seem a disproportionate use of resources by each side.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I see what the OP is saying though.........we use a multi million pound jet with a million pound pilot and hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of weaponry and if ISIS spread out and don't cluster together the most they will do is take out a car with a couple of people in it

But if we collectively have the money to do it, why not?

The key issue right now is to stop the ISIS advances, but pushing them back will take a while to organise. I say ISIS because they hate that, they want us to call them by the other name. So I won't and the BBC and PM should stop, too.

ISIS Terrorists, IMET (Islamic Middle East Terrorists) or just IT (Islamic Terrorists) would be my preferred choice of name for them, or anything they dislike really.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully the turks will show us HOW TO DO IT ..... by clearing them out town by town .....
  • Options
    Forum Member

Clearly they don't like being hit from the sky, see vid in link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780253/Supermarket-jihadi-s-call-arms-Former-Morrisons-worker-travelled-Syria-join-Islamic-State-challenges-David-Cameron-send-ground-troops-Iraq.html

And also they know that they are vulnerable out in the open so many are going to be scared shitless to go out.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    hopefully the turks will show us HOW TO DO IT ..... by clearing them out town by town .....

Don't hold your breath, the Turks seem more interested in supressing Kurds at the moment
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOT

There is plenty of bombs and bullets for all of ISIS. Turning them into bloody puddles in the sand is to be applauded, not decried.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But for the time being when we don't have troops on the ground and if you're flying over looking for targets and you see a heavy machine gun on the back of a truck it is a good move to take it out.

It sends out a message to ISIS which makes them go scurrying away into their little holes undoubtedly saving many lives, keep flying taking out the odd target which will slow or prevent their advance.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their videos are carrying messages like come and fight us on the ground and don't send drones or air strikes etc. They are desperate and scared of drones and air strikes because they are dead before they even hear the missile coming. Send more drones and more air strikes to keep them frightened to move.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    But for the time being when we don't have troops on the ground and if you're flying over looking for targets and you see a heavy machine gun on the back of a truck it is a good move to take it out.

It sends out a message to ISIS which makes them go scurrying away into their little holes undoubtedly saving many lives, keep flying taking out the odd target which will slow or prevent their advance.

That's bollocks. They are already an army that has encountered heavy fire and possibly chemical attack for ages. The fact that the off air to ground missile takes out a 4x4 is hardly going to make them pack up and go home. The idea of that is daft.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will play straight into the hands of ISIS. It's a joke,
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,593
    Forum Member
    That's bollocks. They are already an army that has encountered heavy fire and possibly chemical attack for ages. The fact that the off air to ground missile takes out a 4x4 is hardly going to make them pack up and go home. The idea of that is daft.

IS have around 30,000 fighters scattered over an area greater than the size of the UK so this is the sort of attack that is going to be used War will not be won from the air but for the moment this is what is going to happen
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    But if we collectively have the money to do it, why not?

The key issue right now is to stop the ISIS advances, but pushing them back will take a while to organise. I say ISIS because they hate that, they want us to call them by the other name. So I won't and the BBC and PM should stop, too.

ISIS Terrorists, IMET (Islamic Middle East Terrorists) or just IT (Islamic Terrorists) would be my preferred choice of name for them, or anything they dislike really.

Can't we just refer to them as Scummy Horrendous Islamic Terrorists (SHIT)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read my post again, you obviously didn't understand the first time.

It's not just one 4x4, it's the threat that the planes have towards any potential target that helps to prevent ISIS operating like they would normally do.

What do you want the planes to do when they spot a target?

I never said they would pack up and go home did I?
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sooo, if they were blanket-bombing regions taking out civilians left, right and centre, that would be an effective propaganda tool, yes? I'd rather our bombers would be a bit more selective over their targeting if it means not decimating innocent populations like the ones they are sent in to defend. If they have to be there at all.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's up to Iran and Syria to beat them..........doesn't look like anyone else is capable or determined enough to do it
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »

i want the russians to show up and do a stannis, no stannis no party
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What it is, is a "SHOW OF FORCE" .
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    They've been using these vehicles to mount suicide attacks against the Peshmerga, who have little in the way of defence against them. The more we can stop, by using air strikes, the more it helps the Kurds to fight them on the ground, so taking out a 4x4 on a suicide mission makes perfect sense to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOT

Sadly there won't be any winners just thousands of innocents losing their lives on both sides.
  • Options
    Forum Member

When the OP said 'little holes' I doubt that meant home and i don't think you do either so why come out with that?