Options

Jessie J (Feat. 2 CHAINZ) - Burnin' Up (PREMIER)

hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Jessie J's official 2nd single from 'Sweet Talker' has officially premiered:

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/jessie-j-burnin-up-premiere/

It is a solid second single reminds me VERY much of Crazy Stupid Love though!

Comments

• Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the song. I hope she does well with it both here and in USA. She sung it amazingly at Itunes Festival btw.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On first listen I don't like it, can definitely hear the Crazy Stupid Love similarity though.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm completely slayed but she could release a cover Mary had a little lamb and I'd still rave for it
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great chorus but falls flat everywhere else. Could change my mind though

2 chainz is pointless.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I don't like it.
    She just shouts and tries too hard. It's also painfully obvious how much this is going to be a "America, please like me" record. Did she really need another feature too? Or is she still too scared to release a song on her own after the Alive flop?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    I don't like it.
    She just shouts and tries too hard. It's also painfully obvious how much this is going to be a "America, please like me" record. Did she really need another feature too? Or is she still too scared to release a song on her own after the Alive flop?

I did think this too but she really doesn't need other people on her songs. Her biggest hit in the states is Domino which is all by herself so that says something.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can definitely hear the similarities with Crazy Stupid Love but I do like it :D this and Bang Bang make me excited for her new album :cool:
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I did think this too but she really doesn't need other people on her songs. Her biggest hit in the states is Domino which is all by herself so that says something.

I know, she proved she can do it with Domino but at the moment everything is being played a little too safe in my opinion. She needs it to be a success in the states or her recent "America appreciates my voice" statement is going to look really stupid.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Idk what its called, the bridge(?) is amazing but after this lead-up, the "I'm burning up bit" is kind of awful and underwhelming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    I know, she proved she can do it with Domino but at the moment everything is being played a little too safe in my opinion. She needs it to be a success in the states or her recent "America appreciates my voice" statement is going to look really stupid.

Apparently that was fake.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idk what its called, the bridge(?) is amazing but after this lead-up, the "I'm burning up bit" is kind of awful and underwhelming.

Yeah it has a great build up then just falls flat for me when it hits the chorus.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely feels as if someone though Crazy Stupid Love would be the first of a new 'sound' in pop, and this was recorded (probably in the spring) in order to capitalise on something 'current'. Not sure to what extent it caught on though so this just sounds a bit...flat.

Jessie's looking well though. It does really sound America-graspy as well.
  • Options
    rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ her voice is annoying!