TalkTalk webmail on Blackberry Playbook

chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,814
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Seems to be impossible to access my TalkTalk webmail from my Blackberry Playbook. I have received useless help from TalkTalk and it too complex to get help from Blackberry, also they charge and I ain't paying!

Can anyone give me detailed and step by step simple instructions on how to set up access to my TalkTalk webmail?.

Just out of interest I can access my Outlook mail just by logging in with my password and email address, but this does not work with talktalk webmail.

I am using Blackberry Playbook tablet and am a total novice at using one.

Many thanks in advance for your help. :)

chin

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    Seems to be impossible to access my TalkTalk webmail from my Blackberry Playbook. I have received useless help from TalkTalk and it too complex to get help from Blackberry, also they charge and I ain't paying!

Can anyone give me detailed and step by step simple instructions on how to set up access to my TalkTalk webmail?.

Just out of interest I can access my Outlook mail just by logging in with my password and email address, but this does not work with talktalk webmail.

I am using Blackberry Playbook tablet and am a total novice at using one.

Many thanks in advance for your help. :)

chin

to be clear it is not actually webmail you want to access? it's the email. not in a browser but your tablet's mail client. webmail is the web interface for your regular mail.

i'm not familiar with the blackberry playbook but the settings you need are here:
    http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/general-email-settings/email-settings-imap-pop3

presumably the difference with your outlook mail was that the client already has the details for that preconfigured.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Never mind:)
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vangeezer wrote: »
    Never mind:)

I don't really understand that, but you are correct I want to access my TalkTalk emails either by logging in to my TalkTalk email account or by any other method. Do you know how access can be set up with the settings you gave me?

Remember it is NOT a phone but a computer tablet.

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I don't really understand that, but you are correct I want to access my TalkTalk emails either by logging in to my TalkTalk email account or by any other method. Do you know how access can be set up with the settings you gave me?

Remember it is NOT a phone but a computer tablet.

vangeezer deleted his post because he provided the same link as me.

to be clear you need to open the email app on your device. and go to settings, or add account, or something like that, and input the settings from that page. they are the settings for a phone, tablet, computer, email enabled car whatever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    vangeezer deleted his post because he provided the same link as me.

to be clear you need to open the email app on your device. and go to settings, or add account, or something like that, and input the settings from that page. they are the settings for a phone, tablet, computer, email enabled car whatever.

Aha! I don't know how to open the email app, however this is progress. When I have a mo' I will take a look. Cheers. :)
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Aha! I don't know how to open the email app, however this is progress. When I have a mo' I will take a look. Cheers. :)

To set up your email account on the Playbook open the settings (the gear wheel icon on the top right next to the battery indicator)

On the left of the settings you will see an icon for accounts, select that then select add new account, then select email in the choose accounts.

Now if you're lucky all you will need to do is enter your email address xxx@talktalk.net and your password you use to access your mail online. The Playbook should hopefully get all the correct settings automatically (it will recognise most of the popular email accounts and can do the setup automatically). If it doesn't, then you will have to choose advanced setup and then choose either to set your account up as an imap or pop account (most people prefer imap for use on multiple devices) then use the settings from the post above.

Hopefully that will work.

The email app on the playbook is the icon called messages, you can set up an abbount via the preference in the email app as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    To set up your email account on the Playbook open the settings (the gear wheel icon on the top right next to the battery indicator)

On the left of the settings you will see an icon for accounts, select that then select add new account, then select email in the choose accounts.

Now if you're lucky all you will need to do is enter your email address xxx@talktalk.net and your password you use to access your mail online. The Playbook should hopefully get all the correct settings automatically (it will recognise most of the popular email accounts and can do the setup automatically). If it doesn't, then you will have to choose advanced setup and then choose either to set your account up as an imap or pop account (most people prefer imap for use on multiple devices) then use the settings from the post above.

Hopefully that will work.

The email app on the playbook is the icon called messages, you can set up an abbount via the preference in the email app as well.

Cheers for this rodney. Much appreciated. I will let you know how I get on. Probably tomorrow now. :)