Judges comments - Little Mix - wtf

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
Forum Member
That was so out of tune it was unveleivable.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comments were made because they want to get rid of specific contestants. I agree they weren't good. A spanner in the works me thinks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    i agree, they really werent good at all
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too agree. I wasn't really feeling Little Mix last night.
  • stevo642stevo642 Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought they were ok - but johhny/frankie were miles worse than any contestant - seriously bad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are the forth favourites to go....

They are not going to last long, they have been pimped too much to think they are some kind of special magical girlband, when really they are just average, like many out there.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    ArsenalX wrote: »

They are not going to last long, they have been pimped too much to think they are some kind of special magical girlband, when really they are just average, like many out there.....

i think you watch other polls...
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    I don't watch the comments and only found out what they said from reading the Daily Mail article someone posted a link to - but I wasn't surprised. Given the huge gap between their tone deaf, lifeless performance - and what on earth was that awful awful song? - and the praise they are getting here I knew they must have been heavily overrated. I wonder if they are actually just bumping along above the bottom two and the over the top praise and pimp spot was to keep them in over another act this week?
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second half of the song was not that bad and they weren't out of tune for the entire time. At least they are interesting to watch unlike some of the other acts... and most groups have weak singers (Robbie in Take That, more or less all of the Spice Girls etc etc). If they continue getting good production to take attention away from the shaky vocals they can last a while longer.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they did Ok, not their best week but a lot better than some other performances
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't win and when they are gone they are probably gone forever so im not sure why the judges are bothering past the obvious hype-machine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. From what I heard the judges comments weren't justified.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get this group at all, they've been average at best every week, and last night they were just ordinary.

Maybe the powers that be want any fans they have to think they're safe, so they might not bother to vote?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2nd half with the backing track was better, the 1st half was a bit painful, they cant really harmonise, their voices just dont seem to blend nicely, if they all sing in the same key fine but if they try and do anything else it just doesnt work
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. They're desperate to keep them in. Their performance wasn't that good at all.
  • Kelli100Kelli100 Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I love Little Mix, but the first half of the song was not good last night. They were all over the place, out of tune and the harmonies were dreadful. They picked up towards the end. I was also surprised at the judges' comments, but it confirms that they have an agenda about who they want to stay and go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to give way more credit to Little Mix than the other group. When singing together, they seem like they are singing live with little help from backing tracks. The Risk have been using pre recorded backing vocals for weeks now. The groups always do this on X Factor and it's plain and simple cheating. If you have a group of 4 singers why do you need a backing vocal in the chorus?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its probably my age, but I do find this group so very dated...and do they sing the same song every week, but no one has really bothered to notice?

The words 'superflous generic pap' comes to mind...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to give way more credit to Little Mix than the other group. When singing together, they seem like they are singing live with little help from backing tracks. The Risk have been using pre recorded backing vocals for weeks now. The groups always do this on X Factor and it's plain and simple cheating. If you have a group of 4 singers why do you need a backing vocal in the chorus?

Rewatch Little Mix's previous performances, they always rely heavily on backing tracks.
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    Slimtony wrote: »
    That was so out of tune it was unveleivable.

Not as bad as you are making out. Still enjoyed their performance and there were far, far worse acts on last night. They have a lot of potential lets see how it goes.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArsenalX wrote: »

One Direction were worse, they lasted until the finals.
  • chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as bad as you are making out. Still enjoyed their performance and there were far, far worse acts on last night. They have a lot of potential lets see how it goes.

I was just going to say the same thing - although, their performances might not have shown it, I think they're very good singers (the Jessie J concert sounded much better, to me). They also seem to be quite natural dancers and work well together. Being part of a group seems to make it harder - singers who're good on their own seem to be more out of tune when singing with others.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it their best performance? No, was it the worst performance last night? Hell no! Little Mix brought something special to the show, the choreography, lighting etc was brilliant, they looked like a proper girl group IMO, and they excite me every week! We know the girls can sing/harmonize, and yesterday they showed a different side to themselves, that they can actually put on a performance!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    They're just trying to get a girl band far into the competition.

The mob can easily be swayed with the right words.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly mentioned last night that the girls should sing a Capella as they had sounded amazing doing so in a rehersal. Either this was a dig at the heavy backing track or a genuine comment on their talent? I like Little Mix, apart from their name which is daft. Their performances have been better than The Risk's efforts in recent weeks and in my very humble opinion, Little Mix have been in my top 3-4 every week bar one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Rewatch Little Mix's previous performances, they always rely heavily on backing tracks.

Ah ok. See, the first proper performance of theirs I heard was last week and if a backing track was there it was minimal and you could hear their live voices over it.

The Risk are far worse in my opinion. Last night and last week I've heard hardly any live vocal in the chorus, apart from Charlie. Same with One Direction last year, I think they were even worse. But then many real life groups do it too. Kelly Rowland mimed pre-recorded choruses for years when in Destiny's Child. Even on tour they were never fully live. Cheaters.