Options

The most incredibly false and abhorrent cry of rape. She is vile indeed.

NansbreadNansbread Posts: 2,408
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132067/John-Lewis-assistant-cried-rape-embarassed-kinky-sex-session-jailed-advertising-online-bondage-dominatrix.html

This has to top the league of lowlife scum who cry rape. 14 months in prison will sort her out. The judge even remarked that she was intelligent and well educated. Bizarre.

Comments

• Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeezus. Some women are terrors.

I know I shouldn't judge people or stereotype them, but in that picture she doesn't even look like she's into BDSM!
  • Options
    peacelilypeacelily Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil bitch. She has ruined a man's life for no reason. She deserves a longer stretch.
  • Options
    The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    14 months is a bit of a short sentence for what she did, then there's the 14 grand(a month for every thousand pounds?) and the police time and manpower that was wasted because of her as well. The judge should have made the lying cow pay it all back.
  • Options
    Stever7Stever7 Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, 14 months? What a joke, her term should have been in years imo. Being embarrassed, or regretting something isn't a good enough reason for ruining someones life and making them go through hell. In my opinion the law needs to get tough on these people (women or men) who make up rape alligations. All they end up doing is ruining some poor innocent persons life and making it so much harder for real victims to get justice. Absolute disgraces each and everyone of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Stever7 wrote: »
    Ugh, 14 months? What a joke, her term should have been in years imo. Being embarrassed, or regretting something isn't a good enough reason for ruining someones life and making them go through hell. In my opinion the law needs to get tough on these people (women or men) who make up rape alligations. All they end up doing is ruining some poor innocent persons life and making it so much harder for real victims to get justice. Absolute disgraces each and everyone of them.

Totally agree. She should have got the same sentence a rapist would recieve.
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bad thing to do, obviously (though I suspect the truth is a bit more nuanced than the Mail story, that's mostly using it as an excuse to be sensationalist).

But vile, evil, scum, terrors, disgraces, making people go through hell? Why don't I see this level of vitriol for, you know, rapists?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I'm sure we could find some leniency in our hearts if we only took the time to understand her...
  • Options
    Queen__BeaQueen__Bea Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if we instil into people enough just how wrong it is to falsely accuse someone of a sexual offence.

Just as we need to deal more rigorously with genuine cases (particularly awful things like the rape gangs which operate with impunity in some parts of the country), we need to make it known that accusing someone falsely of this type of offence is as serious as the alleged offence itself. A woman should be able to live in a world where no means no, but also be aware of the awfulness of lying about something as serious as rape.

Children too must be taught NEVER to falsely accuse any adult (parent, teacher etc) of a sexual offence. Innocent lives and hard earned reputations are ruined in an instant, way way too easily. I think they should aslo be kept off the Internet till they are 16, but that's another subject.

14 months will give this girl time enough to think about the incredibly stupid and damaging thing she's done - not only to her victim, but to the cause of getting justice for genuine rape victims.

There should also be a Megan's Law (or whatever it's called) in place for this type of thing - warning men away from women with this type of conviction.
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did an absolutely terrible thing and it is right that she is punished severely, but I think 14 months is an appropriate sentence.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid lass for making this false allegation. Some lasses see rape allegations as nothing but a trivial way of getting out of awkward situations.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an absolute disgrace, it sh!ts all over real men/women who make true allegations of rape, her sentence should have been years, the trouble is when rape is reported they do nothing but arrest the suspect, dont even bother to check over the "victim".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    A bad thing to do, obviously (though I suspect the truth is a bit more nuanced than the Mail story, that's mostly using it as an excuse to be sensationalist).

But vile, evil, scum, terrors, disgraces, making people go through hell? Why don't I see this level of vitriol for, you know, rapists?

Rapists are evil. She has attached the stigma of being a rapist to an innocent man. His work colleagues, friends, acquaintances, aren't likely to forget (especially all the details of what happened in the privacy of his home, and should have remained so), even though he was innocent of wrong-doing. So is why she is a horrible woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is plently of hate against rapist... it's commonly accepted as one of the worst crimes that can be commited... which is why false accusations are just as damning. The reason men (or women) who are falsly accused of rape go through hell is BECAUSE of the hate shown toward rapists is so great that just being accused (not found guilty in any shape or form) is enough for people to lose jobs, friends, etc

I find your comment a bit silly to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen__Bea wrote: »
    ..accusing someone falsely of this type of offence is as serious as the alleged offence itself.
    No, it's really not, and saying it is totally disrepects victims of rape and child abuse.
    There should also be a Megan's Law (or whatever it's called) in place for this type of thing - warning men away from women with this type of conviction.
    And that's a terrible idea, especially when there isn't even a law that warns people away from actual rapists!
  • Options
    The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member

Rapists deserve to have their bollocks cut off. But, this doesn't change the fact that it IS vile to make false accusations like this, and her sentence was way too short.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peacelily wrote: »
    Rapists are evil. She has attached the stigma of being a rapist to an innocent man. His work colleagues, friends, acquaintances, aren't likely to forget (especially all the details of what happened in the privacy of his home, and should have remained so), even though he was innocent of wrong-doing. So is why she is a horrible woman.
    I don't think she can be held responsible for his colleagues' judgementalism about S&M! But yeah, I know what she did was terrible.
  • Options
    Queen__BeaQueen__Bea Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's really not, and saying it is totally disrepects victims of rape and child abuse.

And that's a terrible idea, especially when there isn't even a law that warns people away from actual rapists!

Just to answer your points:

1) No it doesn't. How would you feel if, say, your elderly father was falsely accused of molesting a child, or your brother was falsely accused of rape? How serious and devasting would you feel that situation would be?

2) No it's not. There are trial schemes in place which allow women to check up on their prospective boyfriends in case they might have a history of sexual or domestic violence.

These are my views and I am entitled to them. I am not saying there are definitely any easy answers out there, I am just offering my thoughts.

I'm getting more and more dismayed by people like you who simply want to troll for a personalised argument. I really don't know what you get out of it - particularly on a subject as horrendous as this.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stever7 wrote: »
    There is plently of hate against rapist... it's commonly accepted as one of the worst crimes that can be commited... which is why false accusations are just as damning. The reason men (or women) who are falsly accused of rape go through hell is BECAUSE of the hate shown toward rapists is so great that just being accused (not found guilty in any shape or form) is enough for people to lose jobs, friends, etc

I find your comment a bit silly to be honest.
    Yeah, well, I suspect I've heard more rape apologists than you, so have a different view. (You know - "ah, but she was drinking, and wearing a short skirt, and being out at night alone, and being into S&M, and anyway she could have fought harder, she didn't even hit him...")
    Rapists deserve to have their bollocks cut off. But, this doesn't change the fact that it IS vile to make false accusations like this, and her sentence was way too short.
    It is vile, I never meant to imply it wasn't. Not sure about her sentence being too short though. And there's always issues around this, to do with how you have to be *really, really* sure it was a malicious complaint rather than a mental health issue, a misunderstanding, or just something that couldn't be proved, because otherwise coming down really hard on "false accusations" just ends up putting people off reporting actual rapes.
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, but let's not forget that she did plead guilty, so at least there is no question about this man's innocence, no suspicions hanging over him.

Of course he has been through a terrible and humiliating ordeal, which is why it is right that this silly woman is being punished.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she can be held responsible for his colleagues' judgementalism about S&M! But yeah, I know what she did was terrible.

I don't think they meant him being judged over his S&M tendencies. I think they meant that he was arrested for rape in front of all his work colleagues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, well, I suspect I've heard more rape apologists than you, so have a different view. (You know - "ah, but she was drinking, and wearing a short skirt, and being out at night alone, and being into S&M, and anyway she could have fought harder, she didn't even hit him...")

Ok... so what you're saying is because SOME people make excuses for rape, that falsly accusing people of rape has no impact on that innocent persons life? I guess the man in question had all his friends, family, bosses making excuses for him? Maybe he even got a raise?!? :D Or maybe... just maybe... the 99% of normal human beings who condem rape is enough to ruin someones life unjustly because they were falsly accused of a crime they didn't commit.

And for the record, you seem to be a bit of a rape allogation apologist...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I don't think they meant him being judged over his S&M tendencies. I think they meant that he was arrested for rape in front of all his work colleagues.

Yes, by her actions (indirectly) she has held him up for public humiliation. If she hadn't made the false allegations in the first place, none of that would have happened.
  • Options
    user186user186 Posts: 235
    Forum Member

my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Can anyone explain to me in simple language why the identity of the accused is allowed to be revealed and publicised before they are found guilty?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Yes, by her actions (indirectly) she has held him up for public humiliation. If she hadn't made the false allegations in the first place, none of that would have happened.
    Oh, totally, that'd be a nightmare for him and is her fault. It was just the bit about them knowing about his actions in the privacy of his own home I wasn't sure about.