If there was a new Batman Franchise....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
Forum Member
Who should play Batman?
Who should direct the films?
Which characters should be in the films? (I think Harley Quinn could be in a Batman film but I don't know who should play her)

Comments

• biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Who should play Batman?
    Who should direct the films?
    Which characters should be in the films? (I think Harley Quinn could be in a Batman film but I don't know who should play her)

I honestly dont know and its kind of to early to say because someone could come around in the next 2-3years or so

it definatly wont be out till at least 2016 though I reckon

Whoever they choose they just need to give him the keys and let him create it his way with no studio meddleing

If the dark knight trilogy has thought them anything its that

let the creator/directer tell the stories they want to tell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I've said this on other threads, but I think it's all going to depend on whether "Man of Steel" tanks or not, and how they decide to go forward (or not) with the Justice League film.

Until those two little issues are resolved, they won't even consider going forward in any direction ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be surprised if Warner doesn't go the more kid-friendly route.

I can't see anyone other than Bale in the role now personally though Bryan Cranston would be a great Gordon.

Personally I'd be happy if they carried on with JGL as that has a lot of potential.
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A less grounded in reality Batman, similar to the version depicted in the Arkham Asylum video game series. This will allow more fantastical villains such as Clayface, Mr Freeze, Penguin, Riddler and Poison Ivy. It will also mean an easier transition into the rest of the DC Universe and the long gestating Justice League movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atlantic wrote: »
    A less grounded in reality Batman, similar to the version depicted in the Arkham Asylum video game series. This will allow more fantastical villains such as Clayface, Mr Freeze, Penguin, Riddler and Poison Ivy. It will also mean an easier transition into the rest of the DC Universe and the long gestating Justice League movie.

I'd do this as well. It's still dark and definitely allows for the more less realistic villains.

I think John Hamm could have potential to be Batman. If not then I don't mind an unknown being cast as long as the guys got a good balance of Bruce Wayne and Batman going.

I wouldn't want to see JGL be Batman. I don't think he'd fit the character or look of him. I can definitely see him as Dick Grayson though (yes I know he wasn't Dick Grayson in Rises, and doesn't become "robin" or "nightwing", but if the series is to be rebooted then JGL should be up for the role of Dick).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about not rebooting it for a change ?

Leave it alone or make a sequel with a different cast...
  • sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about not rebooting it for a change ?

Leave it alone or make a sequel with a different cast...

Problem is Batman is very popular at the moment. WB want to cash in on that. Justice League movie scheduled for 2015 so they need a new batman for that anyway.

Secondly Chris Nolans work is so highly respected I dont think WB would risk tarnishing the series by allowing someone else to take over from where The Dark Knight Rises left us. They should have learned their lesson from the Joel Schumacher Batman films.

I think it does need to be rebooted but be totally different. We dont need another origin story for example.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the guys making green arrow are hoping to get the rights to batman now the movie franchise is over. Apparently they tried before but couldn`t get it but now they can. there is a chance he could appear in arrow but its not definite.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Well the guys making green arrow are hoping to get the rights to batman now the movie franchise is over. Apparently they tried before but couldn`t get it but now they can. there is a chance he could appear in arrow but its not definite.

I didn't know they were doing a film. Its being adapted by The CW (co owned by WB) called 'Arrow' so it's a Smallville esq series.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know they were doing a film. Its being adapted by The CW (co owned by WB) called 'Arrow' so it's a Smallville esq series.

He wasn't referring to the film, it is the tv show. The article for that is on DS somewhere.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as people keep telling me they like the latest Batman films because they are "more realistic" than the older ones - despite the fact that it is still about a man dressing up a bat and fighting highly stylised super villains - I think a new series should push the realism thing even further and have Mike Leigh as director.

Gotham City would be a grim, northern town and Bruce Wayne would spend the whole film trying to pluck up the courage to ask out the slightly plain looking girl who works in the 24 hour garage. This would be interspersed with awkward scenes of Bruce and Alfred eating tea together and engaging in a one-sided conversation where Alfred talks in detail about the boring minutiae of his day while Bruce silently eats his egg and chips.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as people keep telling me they like the latest Batman films because they are "more realistic" than the older ones - despite the fact that it is still about a man dressing up a bat and fighting highly stylised super villains - I think a new series should push the realism thing even further and have Mike Leigh as director.

Gotham City would be a grim, northern town and Bruce Wayne would spend the whole film trying to pluck up the courage to ask out the slightly plain looking girl who works in the 24 hour garage. This would be interspersed with awkward scenes of Bruce and Alfred eating tea together and engaging in a one-sided conversation where Alfred talks in detail about the boring minutiae of his day while Bruce silently eats his egg and chips

I think additionally there would be no need for a batmobile/tumbler,as the introspection would be substansial enough to thrill navel plucking audiences;)

I think various caricatures of working class people, discussing, paying bills and making tea would also add that extra layer,

the villian could be the DSS
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think additionally there would be no need for a batmobile/tumbler,as the introspection would be substansial enough to thrill navel plucking audiences;)

I think various caricatures of working class people, discussing, paying bills and making tea would also add that extra layer,

the villian could be the DSS

It must happen; the campaign starts here!

David Thewlis for Bruce Wayne?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Please, no more Batman for at least a decade.
  • pinkiepie232pinkiepie232 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Please, no more Batman for at least a decade.

Big boy, reply to my spirited away thread. I know u want to. ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd do an else-world sorta thing.

Take it away to a realistic setting like Nolans world, but...BUT, use it like the comic Gotham By Gaslight, where Batman is trying to suss out who Jack the Ripper is.

It could work and theres no Nolan connection. The Joker could be reinvented, Two-Face, you could mix it up well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally over saturated on Batman right now, like others would like it left for a while.

If it had to be done, I'd actually like to see Ben Affleck directing it. For those going "whaaaaaaaaa......" take a look at the town for his action creds, and gone baby gone is excellent too just for general directing creds. Plus he seems very talented as a writer, he has co-written the films mentioned and of course good will hunting. Not saying he should *definitely* write it, but it wouldn't hurt to have someone like that on board.

Heard he just turned down directing the Justice League film though, so maybe superheroes aren't his bag.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batman won't be left alone for 10 years. Way too much of a money-maker. And if Warners have their sights set on a Justice League movie then he's an essential component of that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People Batman is gonna be left alone for a few years? WB said in March they are gonna reinvent Batman almost immediately there were reports they were fast tracking a film and it will go in very early production with 18-24 months. There will be a new Batman by 2016.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2016/2017 is the earliest we'll see a new Batman film, I think they should keep it gritty and dark but less grounded in reality so that you it can a Batman that exists in a world of superheroes and fantastical villians.

I think rather than an origin story, it should be like the Incredible Hulk and have Batman in his second or third year as a crime fighter and just to the origins in the opening credits.
  • bidleybipbidleybip Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I personally wouldn't want a reboot has how can top the Nolan Trilogy ? But i doubt it has Batman is a big francise to WB and ovc a Justice League film is in the pipe line so one would have to be made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Hopefully we won't see the franchise rebooted for quite a few years yet. This series was excellent and chances are whoever takes it on next is going to be a complete flop with it.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Go back to the Adam West / Burt Ward style and make it a camp comedy, it's the only way.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    treme wrote: »
    Go back to the Adam West / Burt Ward style and make it a camp comedy, it's the only way.

Oh god please no.
    I started to watch the end of Batman Forever on ITV 2 the other night which I loved the film back when it was released, but I had to turn over as it was just awful, especially with those stupid baseball/wiz/ting noises when the Riddler was in the batcave.
    That was the start of the return of camp and then Batman & Robin came along and nearly killed the franchise. Thank god Nolan put the franchise back where it should be and I just hope that whoever takes over can build on it and stay away from camp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we assuming too that the Adam West Batman was not the actual 'Bruce Wayne' but just someone who 'Dick' and Wilfred knew after 'Batman' supposedly died?

If Christian Bale doesn't return will that mean another actor having to play a character who is pretending to be Bruce Wayne even though Gotham knows he is dead? Confusing.