Options

Deathly Hallows Part1 on ITV

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
Forum Member
Will it ever be shown on ITV? I would've expected them to show it by now because most 2010 films are on TV

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I actually genuinely wouldn't be surprised if ITV held off on showing it until they could show Part 2 on the following weekend.

Although that said, with it being a Warner Bros release i wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it, The Dark Knight is still waiting for it's terrestrial premiere over 5 years since it's theatrical release.
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it ever be shown on ITV? I would've expected them to show it by now because most 2010 films are on TV

Will probably be premiered around Nov/Dec time.

As noted, Warner aren't that quick with their films (think The Hangover, Sherlock Holmes and Get Smart are also still waiting to premiere??) but the HP films usually appear quite quickly (about 2 and a half years after cinema). Can only guess they are waiting to show both parts as suggested.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,232
    Forum Member
    I think it has to be shown after 7pm or around that time, as it's effectively a family film.

I don't think it'll be on until X Factor's finished, so closer to Christmas I think.
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been shown on Sky Movies so maybe they still have the rights for it, no doubt it will end up on ITV at some point.
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I think it has to be shown after 7pm or around that time, as it's effectively a family film.

I don't think it'll be on until X Factor's finished, so closer to Christmas I think.

It wouldn't surprise me if they repeat all 6 again, then show the last 2 - when's the X-Factor due to finish?
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,232
    Forum Member
    Pucky wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if they repeat all 6 again, then show the last 2 - when's the X-Factor due to finish?

15th December.

They could do it the next weekend.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dark Knight is still waiting for its terrestrial premier.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Harry Potter season starts on itv from next weekend.

All movies by the look of the advert I've just seen. :D
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They also spoil the...

*spoiler*

Bellatrix death, right there in the advert.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I made a post in the Christmas Radio Times thread earlier, the ad definitely says complete Harry Potter series and has clips from all films so yay!!!.:D:D
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    If they show one film per week then the Deathly Hallows films will not be on until mid January. Maybe they will show two per week at some point. I would have thought ITV would want Dh pts 1 and 2 on December 21st and 28th or maybe a Xmas Eve or day premiere.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess would be Deathly Hallows part 1 on Christmas Day, and part 2 on New Year's Day.

They can easily show a few on consecutive nights during the week leading up to Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My guess would be Deathly Hallows part 1 on Christmas Day, and part 2 on New Year's Day.

They can easily show a few on consecutive nights during the week leading up to Christmas.

Showing Deathly Hallows part one on Christmas Day would take up getting on for three hours of the schedule. I cant see it starting after The Queens Speech. If it did it would go on until 6pm. Then there is Corrie and Downton Abbey to fit in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Showing Deathly Hallows part one on Christmas Day would take up getting on for three hours of the schedule. I cant see it starting after The Queens Speech. If it did it would go on until 6pm. Then there is Corrie and Downton Abbey to fit in.

It could quite easily start after the Queen's Speech and fill that part of the schedule, then Downton etc. afterwards.

It's a huge blockbuster movie, exactly what they need for Christmas Day.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    They also spoil the...

*spoiler*

Bellatrix death, right there in the advert.
    What!? Bellatrix dies? :eek: :cry: I did not know that..

Lol j/k but if you want to hide a spoiler you have to highlight the appropriate part of your post and then click the grey S at the top :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It could quite easily start after the Queen's Speech and fill that part of the schedule, then Downton etc. afterwards.

It's a huge blockbuster movie, exactly what they need for Christmas Day.

According to the Daily Mirror today Toy Story 3 will be on Christmas Day on BBC1. If that is true will ITV show the Harry Potter film at the same time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    According to the Daily Mirror today Toy Story 3 will be on Christmas Day on BBC1. If that is true will ITV show the Harry Potter film at the same time?

Two words: ratings battle. They may well do, or else Deathly Hallows will be on NYE and New Year's Day.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why n ot have Part 1 on Christmas Day and Part 2 on Boxing Day? Also, considering those two are 12's wouldn't it be better to show them in the evening than have to hack them to make them suitable for 3:10pm?
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two words: ratings battle. They may well do, or else Deathly Hallows will be on NYE and New Year's Day.

BBC will win that for me. But only because I haven't seen TS3 yet. ;)
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Why n ot have Part 1 on Christmas Day and Part 2 on Boxing Day? Also, considering those two are 12's wouldn't it be better to show them in the evening than have to hack them to make them suitable for 3:10pm?

That's what I was thinking. Ah well I suppose we will find out soon.:)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    The Chamber Of Secrets is showing on ITV at 3:25pm today. Anyone else likely to be watching?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    The Chamber Of Secrets is showing on ITV at 3:25pm today. Anyone else likely to be watching?

Me!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deathly Hallows part 1 is on ITV on Boxing Day at 7.15pm.

So maybe part 2 will be New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Though the 27th is a Friday, so they might decide to show it then.
  • Options
    Forum Member

So maybe part 2 will be New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Though the 27th is a Friday, so they might decide to show it then.

Deathly Hallows 2 is on New Years Day at 8pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Boxing Day?

How are they going to squeeze in PoA, GoF, OotP and HBP before then?