Peaches Geldof dies from herorin overdose.

shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
Forum Member
✭✭
Well any sympathy I had for her has gone. Stupid, stupid, selfish cow.

Comments

• tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked that she could do the same thing to her children that her mother did to her. Strange that they never found any evidence of drug taking in the house though, was it cleaned up before the authorities got there?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go .. shall we get the Digital Spy Heartless Bingo Card out ?
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I haven't heard this on the news.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt your sympathy would be either here nor there for her, OP - but I'd suggest her family may be more deserving of it, this makes it so much harder for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    I haven't heard this on the news.

Nothing is official yet, a rumour has broken about the results of the toxicology reports so people are running with it as absolute fact.
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Shocked that she could do the same thing to her children that her mother did to her. Strange that they never found any evidence of drug taking in the house though, was it cleaned up before the authorities got there?
    That's what I'm wondering.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I doubt your sympathy would be either here nor there for her, OP - but I'd suggest her family may be more deserving of it, this makes it so much harder for them.

Oh absolutely. In fact I feel even more sympathy for them now.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Most of the papers are reporting it now.
    I don't see why anyone would have less sympathy because she died of a drug overdose.
    Does it matter how she died ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »

For normal humans, it doesn't. But for those who think addiction is a choice and that suicide is "selfish" it clearly does ..
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why anyone would have less sympathy because she died of a drug overdose.

I suspect that it will have something to do with her young family and why she didn't put them first.

Still very sad for all concerned though.
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say I'm quite shocked. I honestly suspected she had an eating disorder of some sort.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course it does. If she had been knocked over by a driver texting it would have been terribly sad and she would have had my full sympathy. But she had young children and as a fairly intelligent adult she chose to take a vile substance that has killed many including her mum. Pathetic.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Nothing is official yet, a rumour has broken about the results of the toxicology reports so people are running with it as absolute fact.

The Times is saying the police will give an official press conference on the result this afternoon.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Well any sympathy I had for her has gone. Stupid, stupid, selfish cow.

Ah, conditional compassion at its finest.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Anyone who dies at a young age, regardless of the cause, is deserving of sympathy. No-one knows what demons this woman was fighting.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of how she died I find it incredibly sad and I have a massive amount of sympathy for her & her family.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her 11 month old baby was by her side when she was found.

Seems a bit irresponsible to me.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    The papers say she had a previous heroin overdose in 2008 and needed revival by paramedics.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Died the same way her mum did :( absolutely tragic and I feel for her kids :)
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not official yet - might not be true.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not for me, no. If it was natural causes, it's tragic because there may have been nothing that could have been done to avoid it. If this rumour is true, it's tragic because it could have been avoided, and because she'd tried so hard to turn her life around, but seemingly failed.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think any former Heroin addict will tell you, you don't just start taking this stuff straight away. It normally leads on from other drugs, you start with maybe Cannabis. Then it can be come a slow descent into Heroin from that if you want a better high to block out some form of pain.

I have even heard of people who have had a lot of pain who were not drug takers. However they are prescribed Methadone to relieve the pain. The when the prescription is over they search out for Heroin as they have sadly become addicted that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Its not official yet - might not be true.

Thanks for that useful bit of info.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    For normal humans, it doesn't. But for those who think addiction is a choice and that suicide is "selfish" it clearly does ..

...of course its a choice. It was her choice to start on the stuff in the first place, she didn't have to but took the decision to perhaps 'have a taste'. The fact that she became addicted later on has nothing to do with it.

Everybody has that choice - you choose to stay away from the stuff or you choose to dabble - its as simple as that.