EE- Will Grant Mitchell Be The Next Surprise Return

Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With Sharon is such a distress lately surely it's time for Grant to return as a surprise. How brilliant that would be. It would have to be kept hidden from the public though. Now is the perfect time for him to return. It has been seven years.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually dislike soap returns but would like to see Grant back eventually. He has a lot of history with the show and his brother and ex wife are now shacked up together. It could be interesting.
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't quote me on this but i was leaving elstree studios last month and i saw what looked like Ross Kemp heading up to elstree studios in a black cab.

It might have been him. Might not. Why would he have been travelling in a black cab.

But he has also been in a lot of interviews dismissing his return like he has got a secret to hide.

I think there is something in the works.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CriticFan wrote: »
    Don't quote me on this but i was leaving elstree studios last month and i saw what looked like Ross Kemp heading up to elstree studios in a black cab.

It might have been him. Might not. Why would he have been travelling in a black cab.

But he has also been in a lot of interviews dismissing his return like he has got a secret to hide.

OK I won't quote you on it.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    He is rumoured to be doing Strictly this year which is also filmed at Elstree
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »

No way!!:o:D

Ross Kemp have mentioned "never say never" in one of his many interviews whilst promoting his latest Sky doc.

However I doubt he'll be returning anytime soon, if ever, as Ross has gone so far now with his media career that going back to soap will be a major climb down. Actors go into soaps usually as stepping stone to do bigger and better things after. And this is the csae for Ross Kemp and hasn't he done bloody well! He has mentioned his interest now is doc film making and journalism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking about returning to the EastEnders on BBC's The One Show , Kemp said: "As long as the character is still alive, but that's never stopped them in the past from bringing people back. Never say never, I don't think you should ever do that.

"I really enjoyed it, I had ten years there and it was fantastic fun. I still watch it occasionally when I'm in the country."

Asked by hosts Chris Evans and Alex Jones whether he had been asked to return, he replied: "Not yet."
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,172
    Forum Member
    I am still holding out that grant, Courtney, Peggy, aunt sal, Michelle, Vicki and mark jr all return for Sharon and Phil's wedding.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I am still holding out that grant, Courtney, Peggy, aunt sal, Michelle, Vicki and mark jr all return for Sharon and Phil's wedding.

That would be awesome. Come on EE. Let's ave it!
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They'd all be great and everything, but just you wait until Danny Mitchell turns up at the reception :eek: "'Ello viewers, bet you never wanted to see me again" :D
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    They'd all be great and everything, but just you wait until Danny Mitchell turns up at the reception :eek: "'Ello viewers, bet you never wanted to see me again" :D

:D Ronnie can bash him over the head with the champers
    For being so pathetic while everyone cheers. :D
  • Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Grant came back as a surprise it would be amazing!:D
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

Channeling the great man himself I see :D

I really want him back, he's my favourite Eastender ever
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope I'm wrong, but I suspect we'll never see Grant on the square again.
  • soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope I'm wrong, but I suspect we'll never see Grant on the square again.

But we might see him on the cube .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The fact that you didn't mention Sam proves that you're awesome :D
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »

Kim med calf is welcome. Daniella not so much!
  • Directioner_HazDirectioner_Haz Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    CriticFan wrote: »

Sorry to be nosy but what were you doing at Elstree?
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone could answer yes to this there would be no surprise
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »

Of course I am awesome! :-D
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »

It would put dtc on the map if he could pull it off and viewing figures would go through the roof.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    But the Strictly producers are unlikely to be holding talks there, neither are they likely to be based there in a production office just yet, some three months ahead of the launch date.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they managed to get Ross Kemp back it would be great but to keep it under wraps would be BRILLIANT!! Unless its a new character I think any returning character should be kept quiet about, a bit like when Jane returned out the blue, it was a great shocking twist and if it was anyone like Grant the shock would be 10 times bigger.
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be nosy but what were you doing at Elstree?

I had been filming at elstree. Knew someone would ask me that question
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too big a character to return without prior announcement – he would be a ratings boost, so the viewers would know well in advance.

None of the surprise returns so far have been massive names – although Jane was a lovely surprise.

I just hope that if Grant comes back we get the real deal. His last return where he admitted to having undergone therapy etc… was a diluted version of Grant and nearly tarnished his legacy in my opinion.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just not sure Ross's heart is in acting anymore. Its been 10 years since he acted and even though he's said never say never. That's just something he's always said. Although he has also said he's getting too old to keep doing the documentaries. Maybe he'll go into presenting.