Save games on usb stick

richey4realrichey4real Posts: 237
Forum Member
Ive transferred some save games to a usb stick which id like to back up on my computer but when i plug the stick into my pc nothing shows up.

Does anyone know how to view these files on a pc?

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they're hidden?

go to windows explorer

then tools->folder options->view then uncheck the 'show hidden files, folders and drives' and see what happens
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive transferred some save games to a usb stick which id like to back up on my computer but when i plug the stick into my pc nothing shows up.

Does anyone know how to view these files on a pc?

I would probably guess you cant, the xbox360 partition on the usb drive will have be in a format a PC cant read.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    paulj48 wrote: »
    I would probably guess you cant, the xbox360 partition on the usb drive will have be in a format a PC cant read.

The format is FATX or something? Dont think PC's see that.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    If it is the same file system as HDD and memory cards you can use programs like xplorer360 to read them. Support for memory cards might need to be written in though and it assumes MS are not using any additional security measures to prevent gamerscore hacking etc.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havea 16 gig stick will i be able to save demos to it or is it just save game data that can be stored?
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    I havea 16 gig stick will i be able to save demos to it or is it just save game data that can be stored?

You can save demo's to the memory stick and i think you can also install games to the stick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gavo360 wrote: »
    You can save demo's to the memory stick and i think you can also install games to the stick.

one problem with that I thought the Xbox drive foramt was fat 32 but as far as I know you can't or my stick won't save more than a 2 gig file at once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I have a 500gb external hard drive, will i be able to use this as my 60gb hdd on the xbox has about 4gb left!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rennieboy wrote: »
    I have a 500gb external hard drive, will i be able to use this as my 60gb hdd on the xbox has about 4gb left!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a209570/report-usb-storage-coming-to-xbox-360.html

The Xbox 360 will support anything larger than 1GB, but will only create a maximum of 16GB of usable storage from the device. Furthermore, only two devices can be used at any one time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a209570/report-usb-storage-coming-to-xbox-360.html

The Xbox 360 will support anything larger than 1GB, but will only create a maximum of 16GB of usable storage from the device. Furthermore, only two devices can be used at any one time.

So I have at least another 16bg available from my hard drive? Thats not so bad i guess, was thinking about gettin a standalone xbox hd but wont have to bother now
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one problem with that I thought the Xbox drive foramt was fat 32 but as far as I know you can't or my stick won't save more than a 2 gig file at once.

The memory stick you use as storage for the 360 is formatted to its own file system.
  • richey4realrichey4real Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    If it is the same file system as HDD and memory cards you can use programs like xplorer360 to read them. Support for memory cards might need to be written in though and it assumes MS are not using any additional security measures to prevent gamerscore hacking etc.

Have tried xplorer360 and i guess it doesnt support usb sticks yet. I think some sort of update will be released in the near future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea that ms have let people use usb sticks as storage on their 360's but i think modding will jump a huge amount now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I plugged my 16 gig stick in to the xbox let it format it and then it said this device may not be suitable for use with the xbox, and guess what it's not. :mad:
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I plugged my 16 gig stick in to the xbox let it format it and then it said this device may not be suitable for use with the xbox, and guess what it's not. :mad:

I put a 4gb card in & it said to remove write protection. It's not write protected & it's brand new. Don't really need it anyway, I just wanted to see what happened.

Do you have to use certain types of card or should any work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RubusRoo wrote: »
    I put a 4gb card in & it said to remove write protection. It's not write protected & it's brand new. Don't really need it anyway, I just wanted to see what happened.

Do you have to use certain types of card or should any work?

I'm going to try my forza 3 stick later, it would seem that lots of peeps are having problems with mem sticks.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A 1gb Philips USB stick works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    My forza stick works, does this mean we can download FIFA 100% Pro and just load it and save as our own?
  • richey4realrichey4real Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    My forza stick works, does this mean we can download FIFA 100% Pro and just load it and save as our own?

Not at the moment, the only way i can do it is to connect my hard drive to my pc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Not at the moment, the only way i can do it is to connect my hard drive to my pc.

well I saved FIFA to my 2gig mem stick then accessed the files from my pc so I dont think it will be far away
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my 16 gig stick that did not work now works if I plug it in the back. It will save and run demo's, laod and save, save game data. But will not load games that have been installed to it.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont suppose this makes it any easier to patch games like pro evo with mods like kits etc?

i heard you can dl games and play them but im sure microsof thave guarded against that,....right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I bought one of these 16GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ByteStor-Speed-Dataferry-Flash-Drive/dp/B000WZH880/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270805809&sr=8-3

And it passes all the tests. Its way cheaper than the forthcoming official stick listed on Sandisk site at £51.99
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a lot of people on the Xbox.com forums saying this one works fine as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-16GB-Cruzer-Flash-Drive/dp/B001XURP8G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270807786&sr=1-4