Options

Running with an Ipod

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My current 'running' album is the new Green Day one. Before that it was the Arctic Monkeys or Guns 'n' Roses. I like anything with lots of guitars and drums - can't stand dance music which seems to be quite popular in gyms.

I can't help with the headphones though as I use ones that hook over my ear and it sounds as though you struggle with these.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My current 'running' album is the new Green Day one. Before that it was the Arctic Monkeys or Guns 'n' Roses. I like anything with lots of guitars and drums - can't stand dance music which seems to be quite popular in gyms.

I can't help with the headphones though as I use ones that hook over my ear and it sounds as though you struggle with these.

Yes, I've tried the over-the-ear ones but they end up hanging off too. I think I'm in denial about my alien ears :o

I have Sweet Child of Mine on the Ipod too. Feel the need to play air guitar while I'm running to it though. Not a good look.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've tried the over-the-ear ones but they end up hanging off too. I think I'm in denial about my alien ears :o

I have Sweet Child of Mine on the Ipod too. Feel the need to play air guitar while I'm running to it though. Not a good look.
    My daughter has alien ears too, that's why she goes for the Bjorn Borg look:D

And there's nothing wrong with playing air guitar whilst running, think of the extra calories you'll burn!:)
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much prefer to run/jog without having music blaring in my ears.

Best thing to do is to concentrate on your running/jogging, and enjoy the scenery (if possible) at the same time :)
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »

Best thing to do is to concentrate on your running/jogging, and enjoying the scenery (if possible) at the same time :)
    Doesn't work if you're on a treadmill at the gym! :p:D
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    Doesn't work if you're on a treadmill at the gym! :p:D

Lol ! - oh yeah; I forgot :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »

Best thing to do is to concentrate on your running/jogging, and enjoy the scenery (if possible) at the same time :)

If I'm out first thing in the morning I won't use my ipod - I run in a country park and it's lovely to hear the birds. There's a woodpecker I like to listen out for that you can only hear in the early mornings.

I find that I concentrate too hard on my breathing and get concerned that I'm sounding too close to death if I run without music.:eek:
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I discovered today, Paranoid by Black Sabbath - perfect for jogging! :D
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I discovered today, Paranoid by Black Sabbath - perfect for jogging! :D
    Teenagers by Chemical Romance and Adam Lambert's For Your Entertainment are good, too:)