Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    kate36 wrote: »
    a superb film, albert finney as the archetypal 'angry young man', brilliant with rachel roberts and shirley anne field
    i must watch it again some time!:D

Yes it is very good, just watched from Lovefilm for the first time, could have quite easily given it a 9!
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Star Trek Into Darkness - 10/10 - absolutley fantastic, fab story. Benedict Cumberbatch was fab as
    Khannnnnnnn
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    my last film was Taken 2

good film, seen the first on dvd when came out

also i feel sorry for Liam Neeson and it was so tragic what happened to his wife :(
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    500 Days of Summer

I've been meaning to watch this film for ages and I finally got around to it yesterday

A brilliant film, truly brilliant. I was an emotional mess after I watched it, but a great film.

:)
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lake House 7/10

Corny but it made easy viewing. Who doesn't love a predictable, slushy ending?
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Collection - 7/10

Short, but fun.
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ever After: A Cinderella Story

Another retelling of the classic tale - this time with Drew Barrymore in the lead. A very nice film with a charming cast. She tries her best but Drew does a terrible accent. But it doesn't hurt the film at all. :)
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Compliance 6/10
    A film based on true life events about a hoax call that goes horribly wrong in a US fastfood joint. It was uncomfortable to watch at times, but frightening to think that is REALLY happened and how people can be coerced into bizarre behaviour so easily.

The Perfect Family 7/10
    Black comedy starring Kathleen Turner as a staunch catholic matriarch who struggles to accept actions of her grown up childrena as they go against her moral compass. Quite enjoyable, some funny scenes.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taken 2. Enjoyable enough but seemed very short and over really quick. Just more of the same of the first one.
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    500 Days of Summer

I've been meaning to watch this film for ages and I finally got around to it yesterday

A brilliant film, truly brilliant. I was an emotional mess after I watched it, but a great film.

:)

Agreed some on gave it 2/10 on here the other day??!
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pulp Fiction..first time I've seen it and i enjoyed it a lot but I can imagine it's a film that gets better on each viewing 7.5/10
  • Options
    thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drive - 9/10

Les Miserables - First time seeing this and I think it's brilliant. My only problems (which are nitpicks really) are the huge time jumps between events, it's a little jarring and Amanda Seyfried who's not one of my favourite actresses.

I was expecting more of Anne Hathaway because of all the praise for her performance and she's not in much. I know she was nominated for a supporting role but even so, it was surprising. Also people have been unfairly critical of Russell Crowe :(

Best film I've seen so far this year.

8/10
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Drive - 9/10

Les Miserables - First time seeing this and I think it's brilliant. My only problems (which are nitpicks really) are the huge time jumps between events, it's a little jarring and Amanda Seyfried who's not one of my favourite actresses.

I was expecting more of Anne Hathaway because of all the praise for her performance and she's not in much. I know she was nominated for a supporting role but even so, it was surprising. Also people have been unfairly critical of Russell Crowe :(

Best film I've seen so far this year.

8/10

Or second best after Drive? :D
  • Options
    FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hangover Part Three, Weren't as good as the others but had some funny bits 7/10
  • Options
    thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or second best after Drive? :D

What I meant was Les Miserables was the best movie I've seen to have been released this year :D Drive came out in 2011 and this is the 4th time I've seen it now.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wild Things. 7/10

Matt Dillon Denise Richards, Kevin Bacon and Neve Cambell.

Erotic Thriller.

Pretty good although not without flaws. Twisty and intriguing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunt 6/10 - Decent enough action flick but is forgettable.

Silent Hill 7/10 - I have never played the game so I had no idea what to expect. I thought some parts of the film were done very well and I found it entertaining and engaging. It's not forgettable but as a fantasy type horror, some aspects of the film are not explained.
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Silent Hill 7/10 - I have never played the game so I had no idea what to expect. I thought some parts of the film were done very well and I found it entertaining and engaging. It's not forgettable but as a fantasy type horror, some aspects of the film are not explained.

Personally I think it's one of the best "videogame to film" adaptations. I'm a fan of the games and this film really did a good job of recreating the look and feel of it.

Sadly, the sequel SILENT HILL: REVELATION was terrible. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Personally I think it's one of the best "videogame to film" adaptations. I'm a fan of the games and this film really did a good job of recreating the look and feel of it.

Sadly, the sequel SILENT HILL: REVELATION was terrible. :(

I can't see how you could extend the story in this film well so I'm not surprised if they are unable to do a sequel to the same standard.

But I do feel a slight temptation with giving the game a go. :p
  • Options
    MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloud Atlas 10/10

The best movie I've ever seen. It really is fantastic.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Monster House
    7/10 Quite liked it
  • Options
    KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    The Godfather: Part II (1974)

10/10
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oliver! - 9/10

Forgot how much i loved this musical as a child.

Drag Me To Hell - 7/10

It was a fun horror. Very silly, but had a sense of humour and was pretty enjoyable, but you gotta take it with a pinch of salt.
This discussion has been closed.