Options

Corrie's famous Green Room plant!

Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
Forum Member
✭✭
I'll keep this on a separate thread.

Most Corrie fans will be aware of this plant, which was bought by one of the former early cast members(Noel Dyson?).

Apparantly it has been said if the plant dies, Corrie dies too!

The plant had a near miss in the early eighties, around the time elderly cast members such as the actors playing Albert Tatlock & Ena Sharples passing, but a cutting was taken & replanted.

(I believe the plant & its story was featured in the special programme shown a year or so ago surrounding the move to the new studios!)

Now things not good seem to be happening again( The recent situations with Bill Roache, Michael Le Vell, dodgy storylines & now sadly today's news!).

Basically(It may be a crackpot theory but stay with me folks!), does anyone know how the plant is?

Comments

• Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Most Corrie fans will be aware of this plant, which was bought by one of the former early cast members(Noel Dyson?).

The plant had a near miss in the early eighties, around the time elderly cast members such as the actors playing Albert Tatlock & Ena Sharples passing, but a cutting was taken & replanted.

(I believe the plant & its story was featured in the special programme shown a year or so ago surrounding the move to the new studios!)

Now things not good seem to be happening again( The recent situations with Bill Roache, Michael Le Vell, dodgy storylines & now sadly today's news!).

Basically(It may be a crackpot theory but stay with me folks!), does anyone know how the plant is?

Yes I remember watching the programme about the new set and Rita (Barbara Knox) talking about it was a present from the lady who played Ken Barlow's mum.

As far the programme showed it was moved to it new home, I'm not sure about the theory as unfortunate things happen all the time.
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noel Dyson = Nanny (Father Dear Father)
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Yes, it featured in that programme Corrie did when they showed the new set. I'm sure it was Barbara Knox who mentioned the plant & how they must take care of it.