Options

photo/video quality help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
Forum Member
✭✭
Help please on 2 phones.

I'm currently looking for a new phone [current one is SE w900i, the bulky one]. I'm looking for my next phone wuality photos and camera. I don't care too much about the rest. So 've been looking for the NOKIA N95 and the new Sony SE K850.

I've looked at the above site regarding both phones and now i'm confused.

So far, both have 5megapixels but the video quality, well n95 has VGA 30fps and the k850 has QVGA 30fps. I know VGA is better [from research] but is the quality really that much different?:confused:

style wise, i'd prefer the k850 as the n95 seems too bulky and too smart for me. i don't need the tom tom thingy and i don't surf on my phone. But because video and picture quality is a priority for me, i'm stuck.

So does anyone know whether there's a big difference in video quality?

is vga and qvga regarding the recording? or just the video displaying? [probbaly a stupid question lol]

Also, anyone know of known problems/disadvantages of the n95? Like slight delay in picture taking/video capturing/blurriness etc??

Any help will be great.

Comments

• Options
    TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never choose a SE over a Nokia in terms of video quality. SE fanboys will bleat on about their superior their phones are but they can't deny that Nokia spank their arses when it comes to video recorder/playback capabilities. Just compare the Nokia 6280 to the K750/W800/W810/W880. The SEs are excellent phones which take great pictures but the video playback is really blocky and somewhat pointless. Check the 6280 though - it has it's problems but watching a video clip you've just made it like watching a small DVD. OK it's not actual DVD quality but it'll be the clearest videophone clip you'll ever see.

So going on history, go for the N95 over the SE if that's what you want it for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for the reply. i've done further research and many people have the same view as yours. i think i'm going for the n95. just need to ring up and get through to retentions to hopefully get a deal.

cheers :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wot do people use the video camera on their phones for?

No good for serious video work, not even Nokias.

Files to large to be sent as video messages, in the highest quailty anyway.

Anyone for happy slapping?? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talizman wrote: »
    Never choose a SE over a Nokia in terms of video quality. SE fanboys will bleat on about their superior their phones are but they can't deny that Nokia spank their arses when it comes to video recorder/playback capabilities. Just compare the Nokia 6280 to the K750/W800/W810/W880. The SEs are excellent phones which take great pictures but the video playback is really blocky and somewhat pointless. Check the 6280 though - it has it's problems but watching a video clip you've just made it like watching a small DVD. OK it's not actual DVD quality but it'll be the clearest videophone clip you'll ever see.

So going on history, go for the N95 over the SE if that's what you want it for.

Until you watch it on a computer or TV. lol

That said, if u must get a phone for video, don't get a SE K850i. The guy above talks nonsense but SE's are rubbish for video.
  • Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mktrix wrote: »

So far, both have 5megapixels but the video quality, well n95 has VGA 30fps and the k850 has QVGA 30fps. I know VGA is better [from research] but is the quality really that much different?:confused:

They are not both 5mega pixels, the Sony is 3.2mp the Nokia is 5mp. Both video leave allot to be desired but the Sony has a better still camera quality than the Nokia even with less pixels.

I have tried both and to be honest I am sticking with my K800i as neither are a great step forward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm sure the k850 is 5megapixels [but i dont know much about phones so your probably right]. I have heard it takes better pictures than the n95 as its got xenon flash etc that the n95 doesnt have.That part made me umm and arr even more as to which to decide.

But i think i'd want better video quality over piccie quality, as apart from calls and texts, i just use the camera and video for recording odd moments of my nephews. i just bang onto computer afterwards so size doesnt matter.

i just hope that when i get the n95, its not as buggy as some of the reviews i've read. [heard the battery life is crap, hope i can put up with it :()
  • Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mktrix wrote: »
    i'm sure the k850 is 5megapixels [but i dont know much about phones so your probably right]. I have heard it takes better pictures than the n95 as its got xenon flash etc that the n95 doesnt have.That part made me umm and arr even more as to which to decide.

But i think i'd want better video quality over piccie quality, as apart from calls and texts, i just use the camera and video for recording odd moments of my nephews. i just bang onto computer afterwards so size doesnt matter.

i just hope that when i get the n95, its not as buggy as some of the reviews i've read. [heard the battery life is crap, hope i can put up with it :()

Sorry my bad just assumed you meant the 810i, The 850 is 5mp.

*note to self* . . read post properly!:mad: :D