Madeleine:The Last Hope ? BBC1 25/4/12

Comments

• Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    you see that is what i find strange the twins were asleep(and babies) so it would be easier to take them i would imagine than a three year old who we know could cry very loudly:( as heard the night before and draw more attention by calling for mummy or daddy?

One more strange things added to a long list of strangeness .
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    Random.

But you will of course, be providing links from the "Fund Aims" where it says.... moneys for litigation to pursue anyone who questions our abduction story.

thank you!!

oh yootha you are a disappointment. :(

you haven't shown they are using the fund for any of that.

its poor debating to demand others produce links and proof whilst failing to do so yourself.

get back to me when you can muster something a bit better.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperSal1 wrote: »
    I'm in the wrong profession lol!

Was anybody else bemused by our Andy? Couldn't understand a word he said and certainly wouldn't think he was a crack investigator! More like a village idiot.

I bet he is classed as the "village idiot" and an embarrassment now, after that load of bollox he tried to tell us the other night!
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »

its poor debating to demand others produce links and proof whilst failing to do so yourself.

why is the fund not on their official site, what they hiding? you should have a read of this dear, bless

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cadaver dog alerted to mccanns home, ergo dead body, its that simple, madeleine is dead, all the rest is rubbiish, it really is, poor wee soul, what the hell happened to her, rip
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member

Brian Kennedy Publicly Requests Money for Legal Expenditure
  • lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emily222 wrote: »
    cadaver dog alerted to mccanns home, ergo dead body, its that simple, madeleine is dead, all the rest is rubbiish, it really is, poor wee soul, what the hell happened to her, rip

the dog have never been wrong,.....untill they got put on this case.....since this case the dog have gone on to 100% right again.

got to make you think.
  • lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you think you know what happend and your close to the truth and you try to post it on any forum in the world it will be taken down.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited

"We have continued to concentrate on ensuring that Madeleine is not forgotten and that the search for her continues. We have...continued to pay for legal representation for Madeleine and her family in Portugal, enabling them to obtain an injunction banning Mr Amaral from repeating his fabricated claims about Madeleine's abduction."

- Report and Financial Statements, for the year ending 31 March 2010. Directors' Report, page 2.

Link: http://www.mccannfiles.com/id352.html

EDIT: There is also a similar statement regarding legal representation for the injunction against Mr Amaral in the Report for the fund for the year ending 31 March 2009.
  • MissBeastieMissBeastie Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    The problem I have is that here (at 1.38) Gerry McCann states that they considered not going to the Tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared, because, 'we were unsure we were going to get into the Tapas, remember?' and yet, as Kate says in her book, they'd pre-booked a table for 8.30pm for every night of that holiday once they'd decided to leave the children sleeping alone each night.

Can anyone explain why they'd have worried they wouldn't 'get into the Tapas'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is6yRUA4qYo
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    But surely not with money donated to find their daughter.... if the Fund had been set up with specific aims of paying their mortgage and legal fees resulting from libel actions, I doubt many people would have contributed.

It was. This is another of those things that get regurgitated again & again. It was made explicit at the beginning that it was toward the living expenses for McCanns to allow them to remain in Portugal rather than return to UK. What the hell did these folks sending money think it was for ..... funding a police investigation in Portugal. The folks that seem to have a problem with his are those who got pulled into the soap opera but when questions were raised about McCanns suddenly started to cry foul.

Why the hell anyone would send cash in those early days is beyond me but they did. I can remember my Dad getting annoyed that folks were sending in cash - but it happens time & time again on cases like this & always ends up with some sort of problem. Lesson is - don't send any!

Now later on when McCanns were asking for money for legal fees / private investigators then those that did - their cash up to them.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was translated online I think , a Google might bring it up .

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/AMARALS_BOOK_ENGLISH.htm

;)
  • jamie1992jamie1992 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    SuperSal1 wrote: »
    Was anybody else bemused by our Andy? Couldn't understand a word he said and certainly wouldn't think he was a crack investigator! More like a village idiot.
    They "play dumb" - it's a tactic.
    Makes people let their guard down, tolerate things which they otherwise wouldn't have, etc etc.
  • SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final thoughts (must go to bed): I doubt that parents of a missing child:

1. Need a written script just hours later to ask for help in the search
    2. Don't actually do anything in the search themselves - in fact go to sleep (and sleep soundly after 3 days)
    3. Spend time deleting their texts / phone calls
    4. Write, and then re-write a 'timeline' of what happened on the night - before the police get there
    5. Phone Sky and GMTV before they've searched for 'hidey-holes'
    6. Scream 'paedophile' before they've explored the 'wandered' theory.

Soz, just realised there's another 20+ of these statements, but I've got work in the morning and must go to bed...
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a sad story. Be interesting to hear what this new evidence is.
    Well according to police there is a possibility she may be alive.
    But there is also a possibility she might be dead. :rolleyes:
    This case has already had an incredible number of police hours spent on it - Portuguese, British, private....
    I doubt there is anything in the old stuff. Even if some genuine clues were bypassed the trail would be cold by now. It doesn't sound like there has been anything recent.
  • PlausibleDenialPlausibleDenial Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well he might have, but he has never shared them. he has never given any account of how they could or would have committed the crime. no 'motive means oppportunity. and of course no evidence.

and then there's that bit about him being a convicted criminal. i wouldn't invest too much in what he has to say, he a proven liar.

What kind of person thinks that Goncalo was a one man band and gathered all the evidence himself :rolleyes:
    I do not believe you would be suggesting that would you as that is a considerable stretch of credibility! Moreso considering the leaked memo on wiki-leaks that stated that the British Police Helped the Portugese to develop the case against the Mccann's. You're not going to call our good British Police liars as well?

From what I saw in Panorama the motive for the cover up would be that Maddie had an accident and died in the apartment and they were boozed up in the tapas bar night after night. Mrs Fenn the lady above the apartment heard crying and screaming from the apartment downstairs the night it apparently all happened. The night according to kate the next morning Maddie said "why didn't you come for me mummy" - It beggars belief that after a child recognises they were neglected and abandoned they would do it again the next night.

Anyhows, Goncalo was the man privvy to everything that his people said and this is what I believe is reflected in his best selling book. We all know that 'no evidence' does not actually mean 'innocent'.

We don't want to go down the 'liar' route as we could talk about inconsistencies in the rotatory statements all night.
  • IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katetow wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone on her know if there is a way to get / read Pat Brown's Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann? Thanks.

You can get it at Barnes and Noble as an ebook, only a couple of pounds. It was on sale on Amazon but Carter Ruck, the McCann`s solicitors, forced Amazon to stop selling it - last I heard Pat was taking legal proceedings about this.

You can see most of her profiling on this case on Pats website, The Daily Profiler. There are 3 sections on Madeleine but you have to find them down the index on the right hand side. There are also sections on Gerry McCann and Kate.
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    you see that is what i find strange the twins were asleep(and babies) so im sure it would be easier to take them i would imagine than a three year old who we know could cry very loudly:( as heard the night before or some time, and draw more attention by calling for mummy or daddy?

Paedophiles have their preferences as regards age and gender. If the child was taken, it was because the man favoured 4 year old girls.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To paraphrase Reservoir Dogs, she's either dead or alive or someones got her, or they ain't.

Simples.

I would imagine we'll never find out what happened, and DS will be doomed to have these threads at the end of April every year from now on. Bet they're thrilled about that. :p
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    I thought they won the interim hearing but lost the actual proceedings and appeal and had to hand the seized books back this week? :confused:

The did. They have been returned and his book has been freely available to read.

I mean wasnt that what the programme we are discussing made a huge point about that amaral had made 300,000 pounds revenue on the sale of his NOW LEGAL BOOK.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FBI wrote: »
    That's precisely what didn't happen. The McCanns only entered the frame after the cadaver dog searches. The early weeks if the investigation were all about abduction.

I personally do believe that they did make that initial assumption before the McCanns and the media started to create a fuss over their lack of action. I think the police even disappeared on the night and didn't come back until the day after. I doubt that would have happened here, not with regards to a four year old going missing. Precious time wasted. So, I can understand why the McCanns preferred to get people from the outside involved in the case if they believed the Portuguese police were being inefficient.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally do believe that they did make that initial assumption before the McCanns and the media started to create a fuss over their lack of action. I think the police even disappeared on the night and didn't come back until the day after. I doubt that would have happened here, not with regards to a four year old going missing. Precious time wasted. So, I can understand why the McCanns preferred to get people from the outside involved in the case if they believed the Portuguese police were being inefficient.

I'm not sure what you mean? There was a police presence, and searches were started immediately - but like any search, even in this country ;), there comes a point where it is too dark to be viable and has to be called off until light. Even the parents and their friends went to bed for a few hours.

The files, from what I can remember, have a huge volume of data all about the early searches by land, sea and sky.

As far as the whole border issue is concerned, just imagine the border between England and Scotland and England and Wales - and think how hard that would be to seal if you include all the minor roads and tracks. Then imagine a border the size of the one between Portugal and Spain. I really don't think that closing the border - even if it was possible for it to be done within 2 hours of her going missing, which it wasn't due to the time the alarm was raised - would have made any difference. If it was an abductor as prepared and cunning as we are lead to believe, the exit plan would have been worked out in advance and it wouldn't have included a drive along a motorway and a stop at a Welcome Break.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at the early reports the police firmly believed the girl had wandered off and would probably be found, perhaps within the premises.They did indeed mount a search of the area down to the beach. Talk of an abductor or abductors only came from the McCanns and their friends at that stage. It seems a little strange to make the immediate assumpton Madeleine had been taken by someone without even beginning to search the site or explore other possibilities.However, that doesn't make the McCanns guilty of anything.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch this documentary and see it from a Portuguese police perspective. It's particularly interesting from 0:19:20 onward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBe_1NrWbr8&list=FLxuQCzodXYo_Ru-ElQ81dFQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Fascinating.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch this documentary and see it from a Portuguese police perspective. It's particularly interesting from 0:19:20 onward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBe_1NrWbr8&list=FLxuQCzodXYo_Ru-ElQ81dFQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Fascinating.

Thank you , thats is so interesting .I am at the part where Ameral says Jane Tanners memory improved over time and its fascinating .,
This discussion has been closed.