Options

Jake is a creep....

Comments

• Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Exactly, While he may be coming across as a bit too full on to us as viewers, they're all fiesty women in there and are more than capable of dealing with him if they have a problem with him. To date, none of them seem to.

I find him really boring and one-dimensional and a bit too by-numbers and desperate for attention, but that's just my perspective.

Absolutely. The fact Nadia stripped to her underwear in front of him would seem to suggest she doesn't feel at all uncomfortable around him. These are not delicate little flowers he's coming onto against their will, they're strong women who I would imagine are perfectly up to telling him his fortune if they feel he's crossed the line
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, as much as I find him one-dimensional the attention is being lapped up by the women.

So it's hardly fair to call him a sleeze.
  • Options
    MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, as much as I find him one-dimensional the attention is being lapped up by the women.

So it's hardly fair to call him a sleeze.

Exactly, and it was Nadia's suggestion that they went in the tree house bit, so she obviously enjoys his company and wants to spend time alone with him.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's very confident and over egging it a tad but he seems harmless so far.

The women don't seem to mind and none of them are a push over.

I loved the macho posturing from the others.
  • Options
    gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark one more for creepy vacuous attention seeker following the pre-scripted showmance angle. That last episode was almost wholly focused on him, and was extremely boring.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    I need do nothing of the sort as I've not called him a creep. I've said that I'm tired of the fake romances and how the cameras are focused on him. I don't care to find out if Jake gets laid. I want to see the group as a whole without all the predictable, scripted crap.

This seems to be the common opinion here as in this thread, because one or two people agree that he is a creep doesn't mean everyone who in unhappy with his presence does.

^_^ The thread is entitled 'Jake is a creep' That is what I am discussing.
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    Can't believe these comments. Jake continually comes across as a decent guy with an actual set of manners. He's polite, he's considerate, and HELL, please forgive him for taking an ultra rare opportunity and having FUN. There is nothing with being single and flirting with the girls in the camp.

If he was doing nothing you'd be calling him boring, if he had a girlfriend back home, you'd be calling him (all sorts of names). He really can't win!

WOW. You people take the biscuit for being miserable, rude, and mean over someone that's shown absolutely no negative qualities whatsoever!

Completely agree - I think he has come across really well. He was the only one that suggested Kendra for the CIA as well to save her from any more trials. I like him.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree - I think he has come across really well. He was the only one that suggested Kendra for the CIA as well to save her from any more trials. I like him.

Yes, I was impressed by his sensible choice. I think food was the main reason.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^_^ The thread is entitled 'Jake is a creep' That is what I am discussing.

But most people don't entirely agree with the creep part, most people who have responded with a negative view have expressed that they are tired of the BS, that he is desperate, too much, that he is hogging air time, cringey, intrusive; that kind of thing.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He makes me uncomfortable....

Wow! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I thought he was extremely creepy - he made my flesh crawl the way he was going on last night! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Can't believe these comments. Jake continually comes across as a decent guy with an actual set of manners. He's polite, he's considerate, and HELL, please forgive him for taking an ultra rare opportunity and having FUN. There is nothing with being single and flirting with the girls in the camp.

If he was doing nothing you'd be calling him boring, if he had a girlfriend back home, you'd be calling him (all sorts of names). He really can't win!

WOW. You people take the biscuit for being miserable, rude, and mean over someone that's shown absolutely no negative qualities whatsoever!

I agree that there's nothing wrong with flirting - it's fun! However, I don't see what he's doing as flirting. He's just too pushy, too in-your-face, too touchy-feely about it. He's actually disrespectful, especially the way he acts with Nadia. Of course I realise we're seeing the edited version, but if that's an example of his behaviour, then I think he needs to step back just a bit. It's a bit ironic that you're reacting in a miserable, rude way towards people who just happen to disagree with your opinion of a person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    For all his flirting, he's utterly charmless.

That's an interesting point, because if he had a little more charm he probably wouldn't come across so creepily (if you see what I mean). I think the real problem is that he's young and doesn't have much experience with women and therefore doesn't yet have the fine of flirting down pat. If he gets slapped down a few times he might just be okay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eh :confused: Everyone (well most on here) is accusing Jake of being a pervert. The title of the thread is that he is a creep.

If any of the women in there have a problem then I have great faith in their abilities to deal with him. However, they all appear to enjoy his company and chose to be in it so to label him a creep is unacceptable in my view.

I think his behaviour is creepy, however I've seen no evidence to suggest he's a pervert.
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh :confused: Everyone (well most on here) is accusing Jake of being a pervert. The title of the thread is that he is a creep.

If any of the women in there have a problem then I have great faith in their abilities to deal with him. However, they all appear to enjoy his company and chose to be in it so to label him a creep is unacceptable in my view.

[/B No one accused him of being a pervert - and neither did I.

I was responding to an earlier post and in that post I said that,if it had been
    another person who may not be so good looking as Jake,or an older man, that person is likely to be called a pervert - or worse. And furthermore the girls themselves would be not to pleased either I am sure.
  • Options
    MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He makes me uncomfortable....

He's also not exactly a celebrity but there you go .....
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an interesting point, because if he had a little more charm he probably wouldn't come across so creepily (if you see what I mean). I think the real problem is that he's young and doesn't have much experience with women and therefore doesn't yet have the fine of flirting down pat. If he gets slapped down a few times he might just be okay.

He's 26 so hardly a naive young thing just discovering the opposite sex
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake was put in for the reason of flirting with the girls as nothing tacky or romantic was going on ...It wouldnt be the Jungle without someone like him.... although I dont like him...
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    He's 26 so hardly a naive young thing just discovering the opposite sex

Haha! Whilst I think some of the criticism in this thread is unfair he is most definitely NOT naive in that area.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    He's very confident and over egging it a tad but he seems harmless so far.

The women don't seem to mind and none of them are a push over.

I loved the macho posturing from the others.

This is pretty much how I see it too.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His dumped girlfriend says he is fame hungry ....she looks like Nadia lol

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jake-quickendens-long-term-ex-girlfriend-revealed-4662118
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Gays like hugging women, not saying he is but....:o

;)
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him hes easy on the eye. :) I also like Jimmy he seems a laugh.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    I like him hes easy on the eye. :) I also like Jimmy he seems a laugh.

They've been good together. made me laugh and they seem to be keeping each other's moods up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    so Jimmy has dumped Foggy for the new camp mate. why is that?
    could it be to get in on all the camera time he sees Jake taking away from him?
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We only see an edited clip. We do not know if the producers have suggested Kendra should be chosen so that she would be immune from trials ;-)