Jackie Evancho

Comments

• suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she hitting the first phase of adolescence voice? I had a good listen to the new christmas album and can hear she lost a bit of higher range and showing signs of breathiness.

Also for me the colour of voice has changed!
    Yup.

Try this for size.. all Jackie's new Christmas CD songs.. complete.

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/holiday-and-christmas-cds#/17
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Yup.

Try this for size.. all Jackie's new Christmas CD songs.. complete.

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/holiday-and-christmas-cds#/17
    CharlieMusic,

I think they made a mistake in keeping her in her higher range, for most of the album. It's apparent to me that Sony wants to bill her as a Lyric Soprano. You know, "The Little Girl with the Big Voice" thing! Granted, it's a Holiday Album, but it lacks so much, compared to all her previous albums. There's no goose bumps or real "Wow Factor" to this album at all. The best songs on it are "Believe", "Walking in the Air", and "O Little Town of Bethlehem!" Everything else steers well clear of her using her middle and lower registers, which were the "Bread and Butter" of DWM, and DWMIC. The accompaniment is lackluster, and sounds like canned music, and mostly ignores her incredible range. Life after David Foster, is not looking very good so far for Jackie, IMHO! I'm just glad it's not a major release!

Russ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    David Foster's not done with Jackie by any means. There's this obscure 12,000 seat venue called the Mandalay Bay Arena in Las Vegas that David is sharing with just Jackie on December 29th. David Foster & Friend.

He's had her in Tokyo with DF & Friends, introduced her on Japanese television, and put her together with the Japanese concert promoters who have put her into the Bunkamura Orchard Hall for three nights in January – one night as part of an ensemble cast celebrating the grand re-opening the newly-refurbished Orchard Hall, followed by two nights there performing in solo concerts.

I certainly do miss DFoz's arranging (and exploration of Jackie's range and capabilities) on Heavenly Christmas. Rob Mounsey is competent (as is the orchestra), but he obviously had no idea what he was dealing with in Jackie. And the recording schedule didn't give him the luxury of finding-out. Hardware problems (5 songs lost), and the hurry-up redo didn't help.

If you recall, OHN wasn't produced by DFoz either. This holiday album is something that was slipped-in, seemingly at the last minute. I definitely think that David Foster's name will be connected with Jackie for some time to come.
    Forum Member
    Trancas2 wrote: »
    David Foster's not done with Jackie by any means. There's this obscure 12,000 seat venue called the Mandalay Bay Arena in Las Vegas that David is sharing with just Jackie on December 29th. David Foster & Friend.

He's had her in Tokyo with DF & Friends, introduced her on Japanese television, and put her together with the Japanese concert promoters who have put her into the Bunkamura Orchard Hall for three nights in January – one night as part of an ensemble cast celebrating the grand re-opening the newly-refurbished Orchard Hall, followed by two nights there performing in solo concerts.

I certainly do miss DFoz's arranging (and exploration of Jackie's range and capabilities) on Heavenly Christmas. Rob Mounsey is competent (as is the orchestra), but he obviously had no idea what he was dealing with in Jackie. And the recording schedule didn't give him the luxury of finding-out. Hardware problems (5 songs lost), and the hurry-up redo didn't help.

If you recall, OHN wasn't produced by DFoz either. This holiday album is something that was slipped-in, seemingly at the last minute. I definitely think that David Foster's name will be connected with Jackie for some time to come.
    Trancas2,

Good to "see" you. Yes, I know she is still going to be doing shows with DFoz, but he won't be producing any more of her Albums, which to me is sad. I know that DFoz didn't produce OHN, but I was expecting this Christmas album to be a lot more special than it turned out to be. BTW, according to Jackie, it wasn't a hardware problem, someone accidentally erased those 5 tracks. That's what she Tweeted about it, anyway. It isn't so much David's exploration of her vocal capabilities, as the lack of the same with HC!

What irks me the most about HC, is I suggested a Christmas Album on CCUK, even before Jackie was finished with DWM, and Lisa came back with "No Christmas Album!" Then, of course at the last minute, Sony decided to do one anyway.:D I'm just disappointed with the result!

Best Regards,
    Russ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theonejrs wrote: »
    Trancas2,

Good to "see" you. Yes, I know she is still going to be doing shows with DFoz, but he won't be producing any more of her Albums, which to me is sad. I know that DFoz didn't produce OHN, but I was expecting this Christmas album to be a lot more special than it turned out to be. BTW, according to Jackie, it wasn't a hardware problem, someone accidentally erased those 5 tracks. That's what she Tweeted about it, anyway. It isn't so much David's exploration of her vocal capabilities, as the lack of the same with HC!

What irks me the most about HC, is I suggested a Christmas Album on CCUK, even before Jackie was finished with DWM, and Lisa came back with "No Christmas Album!" Then, of course at the last minute, Sony decided to do one anyway.:D I'm just disappointed with the result!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Morning all,

Why is Jackie not being produced by David Foster any more? Has their contract come to an end or something?
    Forum Member
    Morning all,

Why is Jackie not being produced by David Foster any more? Has their contract come to an end or something?
    spannerandpony,

David Foster changed Record Labels (to Warner I think). That doesn't mean that their association is over.

Originally Posted by Trancas2

He's had her in Tokyo with DF & Friends, introduced her on Japanese television, and put her together with the Japanese concert promoters who have put her into the Bunkamura Orchard Hall for three nights in January – one night as part of an ensemble cast celebrating the grand re-opening the newly-refurbished Orchard Hall, followed by two nights there performing in solo concerts. I hope the roof stays on! :D

It's good to hear from you again,
    Russ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    David Foster crossed company lines to produce "Dream With Me". David (now with Universal), was working for Warner, not Sony/Columbia. There is no official indication that DFoz and Jackie's professional collaboration is over. And there is every indication that the chemistry between them continues (she sang at his wedding last Friday).
    Forum Member
    Trancas2 wrote: »
    David Foster crossed company lines to produce "Dream With Me". David (now with Universal), was working for Warner, not Sony/Columbia. There is no official indication that DFoz and Jackie's professional collaboration is over. And there is every indication that the chemistry between them continues (she sang at his wedding last Friday).
    Trancas2,

See, I should have looked it up! :rolleyes: My short term memory is really getting bad. Sorry I got it all backwards.:o:rolleyes:

Any video of Jackie singing at David's Wedding, by any chance?

I didn't think that their professional collaboration was over but it's my understanding that DFoz won't be producing anymore of her albums. I guess we will have to wait and see how it all turn's out.

Best Regards,
    Russ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I am amazed that this thread remains active!

Well, hello to anyone still reading here. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CalipsoNot wrote: »

Morning CalipsoNot! How are you? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Morning CalipsoNot! How are you? :)

Hello spannerandpony!

I'm well. I hope you are, also?

I have been traveling quite a lot so only using my computer for work, essentially. I was in New York City when Ms. Evancho sang at Avery Fischer Hall. It appears her schedule is quite busy - fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your viewpoint.

I hope you are well.
    Forum Member

Hello CalipsoNot! How are you? I was beginning to think you had fallen off the planet. I hope you had a nice Thankgiving.

Best Regards,
    Russ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello spannerandpony!

I'm well. I hope you are, also?

I have been traveling quite a lot so only using my computer for work, essentially. I was in New York City when Ms. Evancho sang at Avery Fischer Hall. It appears her schedule is quite busy - fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your viewpoint.

I hope you are well.

Good thanks, leaving aside the spine ;):)

Did you go to see Jackie perform in NY?
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Her new album in the UK just about to flop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't even know she had a new album out here! :confused:
    Forum Member
    Didn't even know she had a new album out here! :confused:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavenly-Christmas-Jackie-Evancho/dp/B005UY48TU/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1323194927&sr=1-4

Released on the 5th of December :: Rank 2,542 and not in the midweek charts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gosh, not very well publicised then! :eek:
    Forum Member

Watch this video and see if you can pick the word out that's said when an album does not do well in the charts. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDTUin9JSkI&feature=related
    Forum Member
    S&P

It's really a shame because Simon Cowell takes care of the publicity for Jackie in the UK. This is the second time he's dropped the ball in the last couple of months.

As bad as the economy is, Jackie should have two Platinum Awards this year. 1 for the "Dream With Me, In concert" DVD, and one for "Heavenly Christmas". Had this been last year, she probably would have garnered 4 with 1 for the DWM CD, and a second Platinum for "O Holy Night", in addition to the above mentioned ones, and she could get a third for the DWM CD.

Jackie finally has a second, local vocal coach, and he has done wonders for Jackie's voice, while almost completely eliminating the "Chin Waggle!" I had pushed hard for her to not get another vocal coach, but I can see that I was wrong!

I just came across this news article about the British Press Media Scandal.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/singer-charlotte-church-press-destroyed-career-15040667

It looks like the Press are finally going to get what they deserve. To me, I have to ask, "How did they get away with doing so many illegal things for so many years?" So far there have been over a dozen Arrests of News of the World journalists and editors, and claimed the jobs of two top London police officers! There will be a lot more arrests before it's all over. I imagine there will be a lot of Lawsuits, as well!

Anyway, here are two promotional videos from Heavenly Christmas. The Voice is wonderful.
    www.megaupload.com/?d=4EXR2V5D "I'll Be Home for Christmas"

"The First Noel" It's also available here:

http://blog.music.aol.com/2011/12/06/jackie-evancho-the-first-noel-video/

Here's a little mix of Jackie and Josh Groban singing "Believe" from the Polar express. It's not perfect, but they really need to sing together! With both being recordings laid over one another, so neither artist is favored, the result is just beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrB2oiL8GP8&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy,
    Russ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member

Its up to Syco/Sony to promote it but since she is not returning to the UK anytime soon to do promo, I doubt its had any promotion at all.
    Without promo there is no chance.
    But we both know that the UK prefers their own artists.

Anyways the focus has been on US promotion.
    HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS is a Walmart exclusive, only one retailer has been selling it and it hasnt been promoted much until this week, since shes finally doing the promotional rounds, its sold all together around 160k without much promo.
    I follow the sales every week and shes currently at 1.7 to 1.8m+ in total US sales.
    She could very well sell 2 million total in the US in time for her next studio album release. Thats a huge accomplishment for most artists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great news about Jackie's new vocal coach.

No, no publicity at all over here. Mind you, Simon's been so tied up in the US with the US X Factor that he hasn't even been back over here to see how the UK X Factor is going, so I'm not surprised that he's dropped the ball wrt publicising Jackie's album.

I don't think it's necessarily that we prefer our own artists out of any sense of xenophobia. Michael Buble's Christmas album is Amazon's bestselling Christmas music at the moment and it's no. 4 in the general Amazon music chart - not bad! :)

In terms of singles, you have a fight between the UK X Factor winning single (the final is this weekend) and the Military Wives' Choir single, which I personally hope will get the Christmas no. 1. It helps if you've been lucky enough to watch the series about Gareth Malone and his latest choir venture but even so, it's a lovely song for a great cause.

Think Buble's going to get the Christmas album no. 1 though. He has a lot of fans over here and has an advert on ITV promoting the album.

If Simon was supposed to be publicising Jackie's Christmas album over here, he deserves a smack on the wrist - I literally haven't seen any promotion of it at all and if you search for it on Amazon it's way down the chart - something like 2,450 in their chart.
    Forum Member
    That's great news about Jackie's new vocal coach.

No, no publicity at all over here. Mind you, Simon's been so tied up in the US with the US X Factor that he hasn't even been back over here to see how the UK X Factor is going, so I'm not surprised that he's dropped the ball wrt publicising Jackie's album.

I don't think it's necessarily that we prefer our own artists out of any sense of xenophobia. Michael Buble's Christmas album is Amazon's bestselling Christmas music at the moment and it's no. 4 in the general Amazon music chart - not bad! :)

In terms of singles, you have a fight between the UK X Factor winning single (the final is this weekend) and the Military Wives' Choir single, which I personally hope will get the Christmas no. 1. It helps if you've been lucky enough to watch the series about Gareth Malone and his latest choir venture but even so, it's a lovely song for a great cause.

Think Buble's going to get the Christmas album no. 1 though. He has a lot of fans over here and has an advert on ITV promoting the album.

If Simon was supposed to be publicising Jackie's Christmas album over here, he deserves a smack on the wrist - I literally haven't seen any promotion of it at all and if you search for it on Amazon it's way down the chart - something like 2,450 in their chart.
    S&P.

I hope you enjoyed the music, especially the "Mock Duet", with Jackie and Josh Groban. He has been suggested as a singing partner for Jackie, but a lot of people said they didn't think their voices wouldn't blend well together. I think the video clearly shows that they were wrong.

Heavenly Christmas is #16 in the Billboard top 200, and #2 in Classical here in the US. I gather the deal with WalMart was brokered to assure Jackie a Platinum Album for 2011, since WalMart is the only store selling it in the US. With 4227 stores in the US, I'm sure that over a million were shipped to WalMart. I can't see any reason for the deal, otherwise!

Here's a video of Jackie at the Tree lighting at "The Grove" in LA, singing Believe. It's the best version of the sound available, and the one that was used to do the song with Josh Groban.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=UmR9sQHw1sg

She certainly looks like she is brimming with confidence, and enjoying herself.

Best Regards,
    Russ
    Forum Member
    deuce8pro wrote: »
    Its up to Syco/Sony to promote it but since she is not returning to the UK anytime soon to do promo, I doubt its had any promotion at all.
    Without promo there is no chance.
    But we both know that the UK prefers their own artists.

Anyways the focus has been on US promotion.
    HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS is a Walmart exclusive, only one retailer has been selling it and it hasnt been promoted much until this week, since shes finally doing the promotional rounds, its sold all together around 160k without much promo.
    I follow the sales every week and shes currently at 1.7 to 1.8m+ in total US sales.
    She could very well sell 2 million total in the US in time for her next studio album release. Thats a huge accomplishment for most artists.

Well her CD in all stores and placed next to albums by Amy, Rebecca, Buble, Adele, Justin and many others on front store promotions. It flopped so hard that it did not even go into the top 100.
    Forum Member
    Total UK sales for Jackie's Christmas album was under 1,200 , time from release to last Sunday.
    Forum Member
    Total UK sales for Jackie's Christmas album was under 1,200 , time from release to last Sunday.
    sunrisegirl,

I guess there's no accounting for taste then. :D Seriously, "Heavenly Christmas" had no promotion in the UK that I've heard of yet. They should have released it in France. It would have sold well there.!