The Inbetweeners

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
There's a new preview trailer doing the rounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSCaEijMx3U&sns=em

Exact same names, idea, jokes & script more or less but instead of the frisbee incident, they use a football to make it relevant :rolleyes:

Comments

• Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of rubbish. They are trying to ruin the show. It just won't work.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    295 likes, 17,345 dislikes

Ho ho!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    It's a wind up surely?
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Why is Jay fat? Why does Neil look a bit 'special'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With very few exceptions these things dont work. The Office of course travelled to the US very well but this is an exception I think. We cant remake US comedy (Brighton Belles/Married for Life) and they cant really do ours. So why bother?
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    god they're going to **** this.

the scripts could be exactly the same but the feel is all wrong.
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    The Office of course travelled to the US very well but this is an exception I think.

From what I have seen of the US Office, they tried to do it like the original UK version and it din't really work in season 1. They then made a lot of changes and it became an "American" show and improved over the next couple of seasons. Direct copies don't work either way. I know they are trying to cash in on the name but it could do more harm than good, why just create a brand new show concentrating on the in-between kids and make no reference to the UK version?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a massive Inbetweeners fan and I don't think the trailer is that bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I didn't really like the Inbetweeners UK (it was too awkward and not funny enough), and from what I saw on the trailer this has potential. It didn't look amazing, but it certainly didn't look appalling. I think if you'd never seen the Inbetweeners UK (like most of the American audience), you wouldn't be so detrimental towards it, but you probably wouldn't be complimentary either.

I still think it will fail, for a few reasons
    1) It's not that good - It's not 'Last Man Standing' dreadful, but it's certainly no 'Community'
    2) Britain Likes Complaining - Regardless of whether the Americans like it or not there will always be a large crowd of British people sagging the show and it's fans off, which is rather off putting
    3) It's essentially a rip off (and I don't mean of Inbetweeners UK) - It looks a lot like American Pie (and practically every other teenage film) without the f words, and OTT sex references
    4) It's too tame - For a teenage show, there's no swear words, no gratuitous sex references and no realism. The worst you'll hear unbleeped is 'shit' (something which is acceptable at a 12A), and I very much doubt they'll go that far.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    The problem is that the great thing about the UK version is how well the actors embodied their roles, I don't think the US will mirror that.
  • RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God! Shockingly bad!

You wouldve thought MTV would have learnt a lesson from Skins US
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'm a massive Inbetweeners fan and I don't think the trailer is that bad.

Well if you thought the trailer was ok, then you are not a massive inbetweeners fan.

It was awful. Read all the comments on you tube!
  • Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if you thought the trailer was ok, then you are not a massive inbetweeners fan.

I don't thinks that's a very fair comment to make. It's ok for people to have differences in opinion - it doesn't make them any more, or less, of a fan of something.

My own thoughts on the trailer echo those of an above poster - in that it looks very much like a clean 'American pie'.
    Although; I probably will still, at least, watch the first episode.:)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I said I didn't think it was 'that bad', I didn't say I loved it.
    Nikki E. wrote: »
    I don't thinks that's a very fair comment to make. It's ok for people to have differences in opinion - it doesn't make them any more, or less, of a fan of something.

My own thoughts on the trailer echo those of an above poster - in that it looks very much like a clean 'American pie'.
    Although; I probably will still, at least, watch the first episode.:)

• Sabre92Sabre92 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'd have been better off just showing our version, this looks hideous.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I think it looks ok. Obviously there would have to be some changes to make it appeal to an american audience. By keeping the same characters and same storylines people will compare it to the uk version. I tend to find you often prefer the first version you see regardless of whoch is better.

Does anyone know if the us has seen the full uk version?
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    If I remember rightly, it was shown on BBC America, not sure if it was censored though
    Forum Member
    thetvking wrote: »
    If I remember rightly, it was shown on BBC America, not sure if it was censored though

All swearwords except shit were bleeped as well as c**k, which was also bleeped
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fair enough. Sorry if I came across harsh but watching that trailer really p'd me off. I absolutely love the Inbetweeners and have seen the DVDs over and over again.

Im just gutted as I feel the Americans will ruin it.
    Forum Member

Fair enough. Sorry if I came across harsh but watching that trailer really p'd me off. I absolutely love the Inbetweeners and have seen the DVDs over and over again.

Im just gutted as I feel the Americans will ruin it.

The original will still exist, and the American version isn't suddenly going to irradiate it and the original won't suddenly become crap overnight. Even if the American version is crap, it's their loss as they've shunned the original...

I think we all need to stop having a go at the Americans, cos the only people they've ruined it for are themselves. We don't need to watch it, we can just pretend it doesn't exist, and let's face it,, it probably won't make it to a second season. Even the people that don't hate it, think it's mediocre at the best...
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That just looked rubbish, it just looked like a school project with three people trying to be the other actors.
    One for me to miss then.
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter tripe.
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bum-der
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    If i'm going to be honest it looks shite