Amy .V. River

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talma wrote: »
    I must admit I've never seen Amy pining for the Doctor - being shouty, sometimes a pain in the rear and jumping on him once, yes, but never pining:confused:

that is why i like Amy, she isn't what Rose, Martha and co (bar Donna) were like. It is more of an admiration than otherwise :)

it is why i love the team TARDIS :) they feel like a proper family, and i will be devastated if anything happened to them! makes it more tense for me lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm tied up to both.

I love River's mystery and sassy heroine nature.
    But then Amy is just as sassy, strong and sexy! (Praise the mini-skirts even though I'm gay!)

As for Amy's pining to the doctor it's totally different to Rose and Martha. It's all physical (and funny) and the emotional aspect is just friends/admiration but not of a romantic nature.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Califa wrote: »
    I'm tied up to both.

I love River's mystery and sassy heroine nature.
    But then Amy is just as sassy, strong and sexy! (Praise the mini-skirts even though I'm gay!)

As for Amy's pining to the doctor it's totally different to Rose and Martha. It's all physical (and funny) and the emotional aspect is just friends/admiration but not of a romantic nature.

Is this a dream you were having? :confused::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I love River. A great level of the enigmatic about her, and a terrific level of utter camp too which always goes down well in good sci-fi.

Amy grew on me A LOT as the last series progressed and when she wasn't in shouty mode. When she was shouty she was as annoying as Tennant was when his Doctor was sanctimonious/preachy mode.

But Donna is one of my faves. And amazing the turn of events with her: initally the fans were vehemently anti-Donna, with several petty "hate blogs" (but then some of those more extreme fans are unable to function in the real world, don't have jobs, relationships etc so live happily in their anonymous online world). And then many ate their own words when she became very popular among the majority...
  • jg.jg. Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garumph wrote: »
    I love River. A great level of the enigmatic about her, and a terrific level of utter camp too which always goes down well in good sci-fi.

isn't she just? It wouldn't be Dr Who without the odd bit of campery in there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Amy is fire and Rory is ice. They need each other.

Brilliant! As what do you get when you put Ice by Fire...
    ... A POND of Water :D

... Or dare I say... A RIVER :eek::eek::eek:
  • Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Califa wrote: »
    I'm tied up to both.
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Is this a dream you were having? :confused::p

Lol. I had that dream once.

I love both River and Amy.

Amy took a while to grow on me, but after re-watching series 5 I've really come to love that character.

Rory is fantastic! (But I think that goes without saying.:p)
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I liked Amy at first......but she was constantly used as a 'tool' regarding the crack, 'young Amelia' and then the final 'remembering' thing at the wedding. She's as much a mystery as River is TBH! And I don't like it. I like companions to be 'normal' people on an adventure with a strange bloke in a box! I hope she and Rory aren't going to be 'killed' again (:yawn:) next series - and I hope they just have some normal stories between themselves.
    River is different - now that is a mystery person to be solved - but she isn't a companion as such anyway.
    Amy isn't my favourite companion at the moment - too shifty for my liking! Bring back Donna!