Scouting for Girls
    Boyzone
    Carly Rae Jepsen
    Robbie Williams
    Michael Buble
    Dexy's Midnight Runners
    Arctic Monkeys
    Snow Patrol
    Leona Lewis (apart from Bleeding Love and Forgive Me)
    Celine Dion
    Mariah Carey (apart from a couple of songs)
    Elly from La Roux
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Kanye West, Chris Brown and Rihanna hugely unlikeable characters..... egotistical, bitchy, self-centered, not very nice!!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Given you posted such a varied output, i'm interested in hearing your actual musical tastes

Don't have a type I just like what I like. The only music I can't stand is dance music.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't have a type I just like what I like. The only music I can't stand is dance music.
    I mean just post a scattering of artists who you like, just for general interest
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Rihanna. I don't like the nasal quality to her singing voice at all and I find a lot of her songs rather miserable to listen to.

Flo Rida
    Pitbull
    Dizzee Rascal

Electra wrote: »
    Just pick any of the mainstream crap that infests this country's once proud music scene. Go on, pick anything. I can almost guarantee I'll hate it.

I've been feeling that way about things in the last year or so too if I'm honest. If there was a film title about a lot of mainstream music to encapsulate how I feel about a considerable number of singles now, it would be 'Total Rehash.' A big problem I have is that I listen to a lot of mainstream music and feel considerably underwhelmed by it, which is often because it reminds me of things released in the mid-2000s that were in many cases not the best of the bunch at the time. In some respects mainstream music isn't going into new territories enough for my liking.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Bieber - Such an arrogant little git, not very talented either.
    Dappy - Why couldn't he have gone to jail? You call what he does rapping?
    Paul McCartney - Can barely sing.

Can't think of anyone else tbh, these are just the 3 who I immediately turn off when I see an ad of them, see them on TV or hear them come on the radio.

Actually, I've thought of more.

Dizzee Rascal - He doesn't rap, he talks, annoyingly.
    Gary Barlow - Such an arrogant toad, has the most boring voice I've heard, he just groans and drones on...
    Jake Bugg - Such a stuck up little pr*ck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Dappy/N-Dubz
    Robbie Williams
    Olly Murs
    Will.I.Am
    Rita Ora
    Mumford & Sons
    Coldplay
    Justin Bieber
    One Direction
    Scouting For Girls
    The Overtones
    The Wanted
    5ive
    Blue

...those are just the ones I can think of right away. There are lots more. I'm a bit of an old fogey in that I find a lot of current music total rubbish.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca Black.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Lil Wayne.

He's just a thug who constantly sounds like he's got a blocked nose.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Shamen, just a pair of druggies with all the talent of a crisp packet, glad they're not around now.
    The Beloved, same era, singer with a strangely camp voice, Sweet Harmony makes me baulk as a song.
    Oasis, talentless berks whose songs all sound the same.
    The Bluetones, like watching paint dry.
    The Cure, drony, depressing bunch of ghouls.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen.

I know people think they're beyond criticism but every song of theirs I've ever heard annoys the hell out of me in a way that makes them impossible for me to listen to
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady GaGa
    Alexandra Burke
    Britney Spears
    Jessie J
    Kings of Leon
    Nicki Minaj
    Lil Wayne
    Drake
    Kanye West
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are the obvious generic pop artists that are on everybodys lists that i don't need to mention.

A few popular bands/artists i can't stand are Oasis, Kasabian, Kings of Leon, The Killers, Robbie Williams.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Queen.

I know people think they're beyond criticism but every song of theirs I've ever heard annoys the hell out of me in a way that makes them impossible for me to listen to

Hot Space was the worst thing they ever did, just some lame take on funk and disco that the fans largely ignored. Also The Miracle was a weak album.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Queen.

Glad I'm not alone. I cannot bear to listen to Bohemian Crapsody, the most self-indulgent, pretentious heap of nonsense I've ever heard.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dappy - Needs to get a life
    Mumford & Sons - Boring as fk
    Tom Ordell - Boring as fk to
    Rebecca Ferguson - No money,no house,no car GO AWAY UR BORING
    Lady Gaga - I like some of her old songs but now shes gone off the track
    Beyonce - Dont like most of her songs but there is a few i still like
    The Beatles - Overated..Boring
    Drake - Snore
    Frank Ocean - Who? Snore
    Fun - There song we are young is so fkkkking annoying
    Carly Rae Jepson - Go Away nobody will call you
    Miley Cyrus - I only like cant be tamed
    Will.I.Am - Snore
    Mariah Carey - Diva,hate her music
    Jay-Z - Just dont like his music

Rest of the pile
    Scouting for Girls,Rod Stewart,Tina Turner,Rolling Stones,Joss Stone,Slipknot,Dolly Parton,Wet Wet Wet,Pet Shop Boys,Madness,Bon Jovi,Katie Melua,James Blunt,Scissor Sisters,Arctic Monkeys,Westlife ,Snow Patrol,La Roux,Chris Brown,The Killers,Annie Lennox,Aretha Franklin,B-Witched,Beastie Boys,Bee Gees,Bjork,Blur,Bryan Adams,Daniel Bedingfield,Darkness,David Bowie
    Dido,Elton John,Elvis Presley,Fleetwood Mac,Foo Fighters,Frankie G T Hollywood
    Genesis,George Michael,Good Charlotte,Green Day,Kate Nash,Keane,Lionel Richie,Meat Loaf,Michael Jackson ,NSync,Pink Floyd,Queen,Snoop Dogg

Seems like most of you hate the new generation of music - Snore. Get used to it,you cant turn back time therefore you have to deal with One Direction,Rita Ora (She is not talentness or boring),Robbie Williams,whats even bad with Michael Buble?

And yes if you have figured out i dont like most of the crap that was in the 80s,90s whatever time it was.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen.

They're not beyond criticism at all. I've met plenty of people who don't like them or think they're overrated, and they were actually one of the UK and US music press's least favourite bands throughout their entire career.

I think Queen really became legends on 13th July 1985. Then their reputation improved even more because of tragic circumstances (the death of Freddie Mercury in such a horrible way - the only major music star I can think of who died of AIDS).

If those things hadn't happened, I think the evidence suggests Queen would have a very different place in music history.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drake - Snore
    Frank Ocean - Who? Snore
    Will.I.Am - Snore

Rest of the pile
    Scouting for Girls,Rod Stewart,Tina Turner,Rolling Stones,Joss Stone,Slipknot,Dolly Parton,Wet Wet Wet,Pet Shop Boys,Madness,Bon Jovi,Katie Melua,James Blunt,Scissor Sisters,Arctic Monkeys,Westlife ,Snow Patrol,La Roux,Chris Brown,The Killers,Annie Lennox,Aretha Franklin,B-Witched,Beastie Boys,Bee Gees,Bjork,Blur,Bryan Adams,Daniel Bedingfield,Darkness,David Bowie
    Genesis,George Michael,Good Charlotte,Green Day,Kate Nash,Keane,Lionel Richie,Meat Loaf,Michael Jackson ,NSync,Pink Floyd,Queen,Snoop Dogg

Seems like most of you hate the new generation of music - Snore. Get used to it,you cant turn back time therefore you have to deal with One Direction,Rita Ora (She is not talentness or boring),Robbie Williams,whats even bad with Michael Buble?

And yes if you have figured out i dont like most of the crap that was in the 80s,90s whatever time it was.
    Little Mix fan eh :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not alone. I cannot bear to listen to Bohemian Crapsody, the most self-indulgent, pretentious heap of nonsense I've ever heard.

Try this. You might change your mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kORf_0uVTw

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drake - Snore
    Frank Ocean - Who? Snore
    Will.I.Am - Snore

Rest of the pile

Blimey. You don't like a lot of stuff. I would say you have - to quote the music writer Robert Sandall and to put it kindly - "a problem with the essential fabric of rock and roll". ;)

You're wrong there, actually. People don't have to get used to or deal with the new music any more than you have to get used to or deal with the vast amount of music made before 2000 (or whatever year is your cut-off point). People will listen to and like what they want and turn off and block their ears to what they don't like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Jessie J she really annoys me!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Cheryl Cole
    Jessie J
    Rita Ora
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J has really started to annoy me since watching an episode of the Voice. Can she even sing live?

I never thought I'd say this either but Danny from the Script is so annoying since he got that gig. I've seen the Script in concert and he is amazing performer, good singer, writes good breakup songs and I loved their first two albums. But watching him on that show is making me cringe. He's like a cocky schoolboy sitting with his feet up and nodding along to music! But if he's on stage singing Breakeven he's amazing...
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J has really started to annoy me since watching an episode of the Voice. Can she even sing live?

Yes. She may be annoying but has an absolutely incredible, flawless voice.

One woman who I can't stand: AZEALIA BANKS.

Absolutely vile woman. Obnoxious, nasty, a complete bully and an arrogant, useless bitch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Judge for yourself. Jessie J playing Freddie Mercury last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzoyDILKlhY