Doctor Who's worst year?

123457»

Comments

• Simon_FostonSimon_Foston Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    And Virgin lost their DW licence to the BBC as well- to
    the dismay of some fans.

Not to my dismay, it didn't make much difference to me.
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I thought series 6 was the best nu who, I really liked sylvesters last series had some good stories. I couldn't bear Colin bakers first series what a disaster after Peter davison
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Series 6 seems to take quite a beating here. It's odd because it's probably my favourite series from Moffat, but then I hated The Silence and their never-ending storyline that fizzled out in a one-part finale. The series was a pacing nightmare, but then so was Series 7, and Series 5 was just a cold, soulless viewing experience to me.

In fact apart from Series 1, I have found the odd-numbered series' to be the weakest. S3 and S5 both had the odd good episode near the start but took far too long to really get going. And S7 was just hit and miss... totally unpredictable and inconsistent quality.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    No nominations for 2008? "The Doctor's Daughter" and "The Unicorn and the Wasp"
    were two of the series' creative nadirs :( .....
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No nominations for 2008? "The Doctor's Daughter" and "The Unicorn and the Wasp"
    were two of the series' creative nadirs :( .....

Personally, I find The Unicorn and the Wasp a triumph. Not just one of the very best episodes of NuWho, but of all Who.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah- I liked both those episodes:p